I've been wondering about this for a while now, but why doesn't BlackBerry bring these features onto touch devices?

I've noticed that on the home screen (and a lot of other places as well) that if you swipe up from the bottom with two fingers, the number pad or the keyboard comes up (It switches sometimes, which is kind of weird). Right now I can't find a function for these keyboards, but since they are already here, why can't they be used for speed dialing or keyboard shortcuts and other keyboard features found on the Q10?

I'm not sure if there is actually a use for them because it seems kind of weird for BlackBerry to put them there for no reason, but I haven't been able to find one yet. I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful, and it would certainly make things faster and easier for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:32 PM
    I've been wondering about this for a while now, but why doesn't BlackBerry bring these features onto touch devices?

I've noticed that on the home screen (and a lot of other places as well) that if you swipe up from the bottom with two fingers, the number pad or the keyboard comes up (It switches sometimes, which is kind of weird). Right now I can't find a function for these keyboards, but since they are already here, why can't they be used for speed dialing or keyboard shortcuts and other keyboard features found on the Q10?

I'm not sure if there is actually a use for them because it seems kind of weird for BlackBerry to put them there for no reason, but I haven't been able to find one yet. I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful, and it would certainly make things faster and easier for me.

Posted via CB10
    I guess the expectation is to just hit the phone icon which would put your favourite contacts right on view.

This is one reason I am finding that I much prefer the Q10. Speed dialing just by hitting a letter is awesome.
    01-16-14 06:47 AM
    I just use the voice control and really works well as I've not had an issue since i started using it some months ago.
    Mainly for texts and calls when im alone as i think it's rude to talk to your phone when others are around.
    What i find is that the more i use it the better it has gotten at learning what im saying.
    Dont miss speed dial on my 9780 and 8900 as much as i thought i would.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:55 AM