Help folks!

I think I slept on my phone overnight and my keyboard doesn't work well!

I'd have to press twice sometimes to get a letter, my alt + doesn't work simultaneously. I would have to press alt, let go and then press another letter for the symbol.

And here's the weirdest thing: the touchpad doesn't work on BBM or Facebook. I can scroll with it, but to list the contacts however I cannot go further up to change my display picture (bbm) or change my status (facebook), I have to always do it with the touch screen. However, touchpad does work normally with whatsapp as an example.

Any help on how to fix this would be really appreciated. It has become frustrating typing with my BB. I have the 9900

I did install a new OS while keeping backup file.

Thanks
    06-08-12 09:39 AM
    Do you feel comfortable with taking your phone apart? It kinda sounds like the membrane under the keyboard isn't making good contact maybe it's just a little off or needs replaced. As far as the trackpad issues, I can only speculate that maybe a connection has worked loose.

That's all I got. Two guesses for you.
    06-08-12 03:48 PM
    Do you think it could be a software issue?!

Because I don't understand why my touchpad works on certain applications and doesn't on some..,
    06-09-12 09:04 AM
    try pulling the battery. but my guess is you flattened the membranes as dairyberry said. check the link in my sig for more info.
    06-09-12 09:11 AM
    I assume you did the software upgrade before you 'slept' on your phone. If so, if the keys and trackpad just worked after you upgraded but stopped after last night, it's probably not a software issue. But a battery pull is the easiest place to start.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 01:24 PM
    I'm not sure what happened, but it seemed to have fixed itself!

I wiped the device with BBSAK, then reinstalled a fresh copy. That didn't resolve the issue, however last night I was just randomly using my phone and realized that it is working.

I can finally type fast! It was a nightmare.

Thanks though!
    06-11-12 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD