Key4 will be death
    01-03-20 12:17 AM
    my opinion is that the k2 was launched too fast after the k1. they should've waited maybe a year or an extra half longer. Mainly have 1 keyboard phone in the market. people will flock to it
    elfabio80 and bh7171 like this.
    01-05-20 03:13 AM
    my opinion is that the k2 was launched too fast after the k1. they should've waited maybe a year or an extra half longer. Mainly have 1 keyboard phone in the market. people will flock to it
    Agree... K series are really too similar to avoid competing with each other. Imo. I understand why K2 released so soon, tho. K1's were literally falling apart! Lol. Ultimately "fixed" but branding damage threatened. K2 to the rescue?

Also agree that people who want PKB will likely tend to flock to the only one. How many, and how long those people stay, largely depends on how well that single example satisfies expectations. Expectations mostly established by memories of BB's own legacy experience, at this late point. Master, immerse and LOVE a 9900, for example, then pick up a K and convince yourself that toolbelt-less giant can satisfy long cherished expectations. Lol.

K series migrated those few who were ok with an oversized Q10. And/or those of us utterly forced from our beloved legacy experience. Once migrated, tho, migrants needed to be able to report "back home" about how green the newer pastures are! K needed to provide bragging rights by at least providing 80-90% of 9900's fabled typing experience. To earn trusting legacy acceptance, at least. K1 couldn't achieve 50%, in MY hand. No better than my D60 slab! How can legacy PKB enthusiasts derive enthusiasm from THAT? Lol.

K2LE achieves 65% in my hand. Better than ANYthing else I've personally tested. Fwiw. Still... Is 65% of a 9900 enough for legacy lovers to enthusiastically "flock" to LE? Is LE's 15% advantage over K1 or D60 slab enough to enthuse migration from "slab world"? ??

K series were a compromise. Some compromises in life truly satisfy NO one. Or, at least, very few. Imo. Fwiw. Lol.
    01-05-20 05:07 AM
    The biggest problem with those key devices is their size. If they scaled it down to the width of a 9930 I would have bought one already. I barely tolerate my Classic, as it's too wide to type one-handed comfortably and harder to extract from my pants pocket when sitting.
    01-09-20 06:50 AM
    The biggest problem with those key devices is their size. If they scaled it down to the width of a 9930 I would have bought one already. I barely tolerate my Classic, as it's too wide to type one-handed comfortably and harder to extract from my pants pocket when sitting.
    Nobody going to make a small PKB device. Especially BlackBerry since demand wasn’t there for more popular larger size. Unfortunately it’s over for PKB hardware without any demand.
    01-09-20 07:24 AM
    from all these forums and news i understand that nothing new will ever come.... with only alternative as Uniherts titan, i feel that Key 2 is even better. So for me the only way is to buy a new key 2. There aer very few options in our market. So my question is what is the best and most expensive key 2 made so far? dual sim and biggest memory- can anyone say? is it the red one? or red was just a colour? i mean the exact model of best Key 2, thanks
    01-09-20 09:09 AM
    from all these forums and news i understand that nothing new will ever come.... with only alternative as Uniherts titan, i feel that Key 2 is even better. So for me the only way is to buy a new key 2. There aer very few options in our market. So my question is what is the best and most expensive key 2 made so far? dual sim and biggest memory- can anyone say? is it the red one? or red was just a colour? i mean the exact model of best Key 2, thanks
    Where are you located and what carriers do you primarily use?
    01-09-20 09:11 AM
    hi again, Iam in Azerbaijan, our carriers i dont think go along with any packages, its local carriers so i think i need a model , that is applicable to any network
    01-09-20 09:21 AM
    Moving the lauch date wouldn't have changed the overall number of device that BBMo moved in the last three years. I expect if they had planned a longer update cycle.... it would have given BBMo time to consider if they wanted to even offer up something else. Most likely the KE2 would have never seen the light of day. 2018 sales would have been non-existent, as the KEYone sales were already puttering out and the Motion was flop.

The bottom line is there are too few people interested in what BBMo and BlackBerry were selling. There was no "organic" growth outside of the PKB fanbase, and even there they weren't able to fully caputure the fanbase.
    01-09-20 09:37 AM
    Maybe the best thing for the makers of BlackBerry branded smartphones is to do a self liquidation.

Give the phones out at a very low price
    requiring a software licence on a fee basis

All the major software companies are doing that kind of business

For hardware think of Gillette. For a long time they gave away the blade holders and sold the unique blades.
    01-11-20 02:33 PM
    Any Red KEY2 is the best one
    01-12-20 02:03 AM
    you mean because of the colour? or technically?
    01-13-20 07:06 AM
    you mean because of the colour? or technically?
    No, not color.

Because they were assembled in 2019 and have an improved keyboard.

A Black KEY2 also assembled in 2019 will be just as good as a Red, but those will only be BBF100-1 or BBF100-6 models.

At least with those, the build date is on the box unlike the BBF100-2 models where you have to do the MMI test to see when it was built.
    01-13-20 09:06 AM
    so what is the latest model? bbf 100- 6?
    01-13-20 02:39 PM
    so what is the latest model? bbf 100- 6?
    The BBF100-6 isn't necessarily "the latest model"

It's the international dual SIM variant.
    01-13-20 10:03 PM
    I see a lot of thoughts about this new Key3 but I'm doing just fine with the key2. It's as fast as I need it to be. It's loaded with more features than any other phone at least I think it is lol. It last all day. Camera gets the job done.the keyboard is the best in the world. Media consumption is awesome considering how long this battery last all day. I could keep going to be completely honest I am in no rush for a key3 even though I know it's going to be awesome lol The key2 is the best phone out right now and if my phone died today I would gladly buy another key2
    Which Android OS are you on 8?
    01-14-20 07:28 AM
    so i need BBF 100-6 as internaional dual sim variant, ok
    and latest model is red yes?
    01-14-20 07:49 AM
    so i need BBF 100-6 as internaional dual sim variant, ok
    and latest model is red yes?
    A red model is definitely going to be built in 2019 (which is considered late).

But since you're in the EU, you may be able to also find a black one that was also made in 2019.
    01-14-20 07:58 AM
43 12