I have noticed that when I have started to charge my phone from 30% upwards to 90% the phone gets really hot including the charger. The back and the front of the phone are the most affected areas.
    Once it reaches 90% the phone starts cooling down.
    Does this problem require me to send it back?
    The performance of the phone has not been affected.

I've had the phone for a week. Absolutely love it!
    Not a hardened BlackBerry user but one that loves having the best of both worlds. A touchscreen and a keyboard what more can I ask for? 😊
    04-27-19 03:05 PM
    I have noticed that when I have started to charge my phone from 30% upwards to 90% the phone gets really hot including the charger. The back and the front of the phone are the most affected areas.
    Once it reaches 90% the phone starts cooling down.
    Does this problem require me to send it back?
    The performance of the phone has not been affected.

I've had the phone for a week. Absolutely love it!
    Not a hardened BlackBerry user but one that loves having the best of both worlds. A touchscreen and a keyboard what more can I ask for?
    I believe the KEY 2 LE supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 which goes up to 18W during a charging session. This usually does slowdow at 90% like all other quick charging solutions. I believe it hits 18W somewhere between 1-50% charge and then gradually begins bringing down the wattage after that, so you are bound to have some heat being generated between 30-90% as it goes down to very low wattage between 90-100% and does take longer to finish this last part, that is typical of all of them.

Doesn't sound like you really have anything to worry about. The phone and charger adjust themselves during the charging session according to heat being generated and battery level to ensure the battery does not get damaged.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-28-19 06:28 AM
    Hello Tsepz_GP!

Thank you so much for the reply and Phew!

Well I shall happily keep using it as it is and no longer be concerned about the heat.

It's a brilliant phone and will be posting a review soon. The Crackberry community are a great bunch!
    04-28-19 06:38 AM
    A touchscreen and a keyboard what more can I ask for? 😊[/QUOTE]

Wireless charging
    04-28-19 09:17 AM