Anybody else notice the sudden crop of negative reviews for the Key2 popping up just before release? Ie "reasons you don't need a keyboard in 2018" or how bad the camera is, or how only die-hard, outdated keyboard fanatics will want one.

It's annoying, but I guess I also find it somewhat amusing. Do these people feel threatened somehow?
    11-16-18 01:40 AM
    Anybody else notice the sudden crop of negative reviews for the Key2 popping up just before release? Ie "reasons you don't need a keyboard in 2018" or how bad the camera is, or how only die-hard, outdated keyboard fanatics will want one.

It's annoying, but I guess I also find it somewhat amusing. Do these people feel threatened somehow?
    You might be like 5 months late.
    The KEY2 was released in late June
    11-16-18 09:18 AM

There are two kinds of reviews: those from folks who see no value in a pkb and slam it outright, and those that can still appreciate a pkb and give it mixed to positive reviews.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    11-16-18 09:22 AM
    This is a typical and fair review from someone who doesn't outright dismiss it because of the pkb:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-p...y-key2-review/

"You will notice a slight decrease in performance if you’re coming from a flagship phone like the Galaxy S8, S9, iPhone 8 or iPhone X."
    11-16-18 09:43 AM
    CB is the only place I would trust to fairly review BB devices. All other tech sites care about the best phones for gaming and watching videos. So maybe I'm showing my age, but my 16-year-old daughter loves typing on her Priv (formerly mine). For her, it's communication that matters most.
    the_boon and bb9900user2018 like this.
    11-17-18 01:18 PM
    my 16-year-old daughter loves typing on her Priv (formerly mine). For her, it's communication that matters most.
    She's definitely in a tiny minority in the teenage age group lol
    11-17-18 02:16 PM
    I think that is the issue. There is still an important minority of people who value the written word above multimedia, who don't spend their lives thinking about consumer gadgets, gaming, video and social networks. I spend 30% of my waking time in live meetings with people, 40% reading and writing, and 10% doing everything from exercising to eating to watching the occasional video or playing a board, card or video game. I might even log onto FB, Twitter, or Instagram (on my PC) once or twice a week.

For me, a mobile phone is almost entirely about phone calls and written communication. If a phone did literally nothing else besides what my 8xxx Blackberries did in 2003-5, I would barely notice the difference.

Sure, that's a minority perspective. But I bet it's a minority with a disproportionate number of focused and productive people. That 16-year old's interests suggest a bright future.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ALToronto likes this.
    11-17-18 02:35 PM
    The general public and delusioned by the carrier's "price subsidy" and expect everything to be cheap these days. I don't. Thing is, go cheap and get exactly what you pay for, and it doesn't last in terms of electronic items, unless you built it yourself.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    11-17-18 08:40 PM
    My son is 16 and has been hooked on BlackBerry since his Z10. He now has the Motion. And he is a gamer but that's what his X-box is for.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    11-24-18 06:08 PM