Noob here....just traded in my 5 yr old flip phone for an 8830 Curve.
    My only concern so far are the small keys. My finger tip size is pretty average if not a litle smaller than average for a male, but I find I cannot dial a call with my thumb, without hitting adjacent number keys. Even using two hands one hand to hold the phone and the other to peck numerals, I frequently mis-key. I can't be the only one out there having this problem.

How do all of you get around this? Is it something you adapt to with time and experience? Do you just use the voice commands to dial numbers that are not in your phone book? I have not tried texting yet cuz I just got it and my experience with numeric dialing really bummed me out.

This product could not be so wildly popular if everyone who had one felt like I do now. HELP !!
    09-29-08 06:16 PM
    Yes, it something you adapt to with time and experience. I use the inside tips of my thumbs to type with. Give it a bit of time. You'll get the hang of it.
    09-29-08 06:22 PM
    I think you might just need time to adapt to it. Your dexterity will improve the more you use it. Then again, I'm a typing/texting devil.

Give it some time, I'm sure you'll soon be dialing so fast, you'll be more worried about how long the keys can take the abuse!
    09-29-08 06:22 PM
    I was the same way when I got my 8310. The keys are so TINY compared to what I've always been used to. It was the only thing I didn't like about my Berry.

You have to just get used to it. And you will... Just takes some adjustment. I rarely hit the wrong keys now. And I don't have dainty little girl fingers. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cd5000; 09-29-08 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typos make me nuts
    09-29-08 06:24 PM
    I use the tips of the thumb/finger and you don't have to push very hard. If you "flat finger" it, you will always hit too many keys. Practice makes perfect. Texting will get u used to it faster.
    09-29-08 06:24 PM
    Hey! Fat Finger Freddy here...and it's a small sacrifice to pay. I still can't type very fast, but I try to check my spelling lot....lots of do-overs.

I'm all thumbs!

09-29-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies...it's good to know that I'll overcome this concern with time and practice. I love the features of the phone but was starting to think I might have to trade it in for something else before my 30 days were up.
    Tim
    09-29-08 06:35 PM
    Just keep practicing.
    09-29-08 06:54 PM
    Nooo dont trade that phone back in. Its the best device you are ever going to use. Over time, you will adjust to the tiny buttons. I had the same problem at first but now have adjusted as I use the corner tips of my thumbs now lol and it works perfectly! Blackberry is gettin really popular these days man. Stay with the best!

BlackBerry..........Whos your new little buddy? :P
    09-29-08 10:02 PM
    You get better. Just don't try to get better to fast or else your thumbs'll cramp...
    09-29-08 11:06 PM
    well my advice is use the corner part of your thumb if not you can always go to staples and get a stylist
    09-29-08 11:22 PM
    You will get better quickly! It's a learned addiction! I tend to orient my thumbs so the thumbnail makes contact with the keys. Let your thumbnails grow out? :-)

09-30-08 08:35 AM
    My husband has very large hands with wide fingers and it took his a little practice but he eventually got it, I on the other hand have very tiny hands with very long nails, now texting with nails on a slick keypad is a challenge! hang in there you will love your BB just like the rest of us addicts!
    09-30-08 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD