I'll probably get a lot of flac by saying this, but this is what I think

Don't get me wrong... but promoting Bla1ze to editor when he's a Samsung Galaxy user it's kind of BS....Nothing against Bla1ze, He's a cool dude, same with Samsung, but clearly someone that chooses a Android phone for everyday phone, is a person that clearly doesn't value the key Blackberry competitive advantages: Connectivity, Produtivity and Security.... He's clearly not a "blackberry person", he's priorities in a phone aren't the ones that fit a blackberry (that's why he doesn't use one)

For me blackberry is about connecting people in the most efortless way, not about instagram, flappy bird, tweeter or those things where Android and IOS are best than Blackberry.

Promoting Blaze, is pretty much like a Ferrari Owner's club Manager that joins the meetings in a Porsche or a Corvette... It's asking people to "scream" that Blackberry is so **** that even the blackberry comunity owners don't use them...

I love Blackberry for what they have been, if they become a android or iphone copycat, i'll just pick android and iphone, because they are ahead in their own game.

Thanks god Jonh Chen is taking the company to it's roots that value to most efficient and productive way to connect people, and that's what I want. All I want is to talk with people, spending the least amount of using the phone, the rest is just an extra.

(PS. I feel sad to say this, but I feel that some Crackberry editors are here just because they are part of the crackberry family and like their home, because when it comes come to phones, they like the oposition phones better... )

With this, I realy hope I'm wrong, and that BlackBerry and CrackBerry grow again to their glory, because If I have to change to another phone brand, I know i'm going to slow down a lot in my daily comunications that I have to do all the time.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-21-14 11:00 AM
    What makes you think he's a Samsung daily driver user. Maybe actually really get to know someone before you spout off about them. Just saying, as I know he is a BlackBerry daily driver user. Sheesh!

Why ME?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 11:02 AM
    I thought Kevin was joking about stepping down, etc? Then again what do I know...
    06-21-14 11:04 AM
    Inb4 Bla1ze
    06-21-14 11:04 AM
    Blaize, is a Galaxy your daily driver?
    06-21-14 11:09 AM
    You do know that Kevin own Iphone as well as other devices. His primary passion for phone is BlackBerry no different from Bla1ze or anyone who work on this site. Try to do a survey on BlackBerry employees from CEO top down, you'll be amaze how many own other devices besides BlackBerry. I get that you are a fan and your dedication is 100% towards BlackBerry. But running a site like this is an occupation for some, passion and dedication aside, it would be silly to paint yourself into the corner of exclusivity. All I expect as a fan of BlackBerry devices is to get as much news related to BlackBerry as possible.
    06-21-14 11:11 AM
    I thought Kevin was joking about stepping down, etc? Then again what do I know...
    He's not joking, he said it in the same thread and again in the last podcast. Bla1ze will be the main editor for CrackBerry, but that doesn't mean Kevin is gone: he's the founder. So for all things except editorials. He will still be there, and still write. Just not taking care of a the managing aspects of CrackBerry.

And about the OP, I think the fact that you try out another phone and it fits you for a while or for a specific purpose doesn't mean you think it's the best phone in the world. Just that is has certain advantages that BlackBerry most likely doesn't have, but also downsides, like all phones. You can't deny that BlackBerry doesn't have everything perfect for *everyone*. CrackBerry members are regular users too, including Bla1ze.

CrackBerry isn't some kind of sect where you have to abide by certain rules or be gone. You can be a BlackBerry user and an iPad or Android users, where's the problem? If you're on CrackBerry, it's because you like BlackBerry. You can also like Android customisation, iOS apps or Windows Phone's interface.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    bambinoitaliano and Wigley458 like this.
    06-21-14 11:11 AM
    It's an internet phone forum. Does it really matter? Priorities.
    GooberNS and bbmtna like this.
    06-21-14 11:14 AM
    I guess I should be shot and pissed on then?

I use all the platforms in my daily life. Android, ipad, macbook, windows desktop, Blackberry.

Why paint yourself into one corner and just use one brand and one device? Silly.
    bbmtna likes this.
    06-21-14 11:35 AM
    As long as he still uses a blackberry to some extent I see no issue

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    06-21-14 11:41 AM
    Sorry. I agree with the original poster. It's O.K. to try and sometimes use devices from other platforms. I have. But a person in his type of position should not only be passionate about everything BlackBerry related, but he should be passionate enough to use one every day as a daily driver. Again, this is not the same a being a GM employee and driving a Ford. This position should be for someone with true passion to everything BlackBerry related. This may be a smartphone forum but it is a forum specific to BlackBerry and they need all the passion and support possible. This is all just my opinion by the way. I like Blaze and this is in no way personal.
    dylship and Joao Oliveira like this.
    06-21-14 11:42 AM
    Sorry. I agree with the original poster. It's O.K. to try and sometimes use devices from other platforms. I have. But a person in his type of position should not only be passionate about everything BlackBerry related, but he should be passionate enough to use one every day as a daily driver. Again, this is not the same a being a GM employee and driving a Ford. This position should be for someone with true passion to everything BlackBerry related. This may be a smartphone forum but it is a forum specific to BlackBerry and they need all the passion and support possible. This is all just my opinion by the way. I like Blaze and this is in no way personal.
    I guess my post up top was missed I c

Why ME?
    06-21-14 11:45 AM
    *Bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 11:47 AM
    Here we go again! What rule in this universe telling him not to use other devices while being a editor in chief? He lives and breathes BlackBerry http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...u-have-930876/

Closing this unless he opens it back up again lol.
    bbmtna and Wigley458 like this.
    06-21-14 11:53 AM
    Blaize, is a Galaxy your daily driver?
    I don't even own a Samsung phone any more lmao! I have owned several in the past but I have no idea what OP is on about. The last Samsung I had was a Note 2 and I sold it to help pay for my Z30, which is my daily driver and has been since I got it.
    06-21-14 12:03 PM