Now that most of us have had a chance to get nice and cozy with our BB7 phones, I think it's time for Kevin to launch the BBM Stress Test 2.0 and see what could happen.
    ridesno159 and Deathcommand like this.
    09-18-11 06:44 PM
    I don't think he's in a huge rush to do that again.
    09-18-11 06:49 PM
    Yeahhh! I agree, I even told him on twitter lol
    09-18-11 06:50 PM
    I wanna see this also.
    09-18-11 06:57 PM
    Kevin plans on doing this up SOON....... So stand by for a video!!!! So HE WILL be doing one
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    09-18-11 07:03 PM
    Agreed - do it!
    09-18-11 08:46 PM
    Kevin plans on doing this up SOON....... So stand by for a video!!!! So HE WILL be doing one
    Thanks for the info. I remember him mentioning it. It'll be fun to take part in this!
    09-18-11 09:52 PM
    Would also love to see this done.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 10:58 PM
    Might I recommend he do something with BBM connected apps, and of course BBM music, as well?
    Lol, and might as well call it 2012 at this point.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 11:18 PM
    Hey Guys,

YEP.. Going to do the Stress Test part II SOON. Going to do it on a Torch 9810 I think. AND... will do it LIVE on the homepage.. will do the whole thing broadcast live. Will be awesome. Hopefully later this week.. maybe Wednesday I'm thinking.

Stay tuned. Will put a blog post on the homepage with the details once they're set.

K
    09-19-11 10:14 AM
    Hey Guys,

YEP.. Going to do the Stress Test part II SOON. Going to do it on a Torch 9810 I think. AND... will do it LIVE on the homepage.. will do the whole thing broadcast live. Will be awesome. Hopefully later this week.. maybe Wednesday I'm thinking.

Stay tuned. Will put a blog post on the homepage with the details once they're set.

K

LMAO! I was just going to suggest using the Torch 9810 so you didn't kill the beautiful Bold 9900!!
    09-19-11 10:40 AM
    Hey Guys,

K
    Hey Kevin sinced you like punishment so much... I know you have a eith a 9900/9930 or both and the Torch 9810, Why not compare them and do them both live at the same time, What the heck , that would be a very interesting test and at the same time cure of you of this obsession...lol
    09-19-11 11:30 AM
    Hey Guys,

K
    Kevin, i applaud your hands on approach to the crackberry nation
    09-19-11 11:31 AM
    Hey Kevin sinced you like punishment so much... I know you have a eith a 9900/9930 or both and the Torch 9810, Why not compare them and do them both live at the same time, What the heck , that would be a very interesting test and at the same time cure of you of this obsession...lol
    He'd need to buy a NEW 9900 since I bet you the Block user list has a smaller limit than the BBM user list
    09-19-11 12:05 PM
    He'd need to buy a NEW 9900 since I bet you the Block user list has a smaller limit than the BBM user list
    Would that not be true with the Torch as well. I suppose you just lost me on the block senders list.. Sorry? PLease explain and thanks.
    09-19-11 12:12 PM
    hehe.. two at once?? will save that for a future test.. i think just on the 9810 will suffice for now. same platform and specs.
    09-19-11 12:20 PM
    hehe.. two at once?? will save that for a future test.. i think just on the 9810 will suffice for now. same platform and specs.
    Either way Kevin I just thought it would be an interesting thought even though YES you are right, Same platform etc.
    09-19-11 12:27 PM
    Would that not be true with the Torch as well. I suppose you just lost me on the block senders list.. Sorry? PLease explain and thanks.

He can throw away the Torch after, he isn't in love with the Torch like the Beautiful Bold 9900

as for the Block senders list, or Block list or what ever it is

AFTER the test you want a usable phone again so you start deleting users, in my experience just deleting someone doesn't give them the hint, they need to be blocked as well, I suspect the Block List has limitation as much as the BBM contact list, so having had the challenge the PIN of the device used becomes so tainted the device isn't usable anymore
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-19-11 12:47 PM
    How does this work??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 02:55 PM
    How does this work??

Kevin posts his PIN and Barcode on the main page

we all flock and add it with all our Blackberry's and Kevin sees at what point does the phone no longer handle any more incoming BBM requests
    09-19-11 02:57 PM
    I'm excited to see this happening again. I wasn't in on the last one but saw the video after.

09-19-11 09:07 PM
    I have been looking forward to something like this for a long time! It'll make for an EXCELLENT blog post!

09-19-11 09:20 PM
    Update: Got my Torch 9810 that I'm going to use for the test.

Going to do the stress test early next week now.. was hoping for today, but gotta take care of some other things first (new contest going live) and don't want to distract from the contest with the BBM Stress Test. Gotta spread these things out a bit
    09-22-11 08:37 AM
    Ive seen Kevins BBM list, it's already a stress test :P
    09-22-11 08:38 AM
    I find it funny you choose the 9810 and not the "Flagship" device 9900/9930 for this stress test. Any particular reason why the "red headed step child" of the BB world instead of the highly touted "Flagship" device that everyone is now carrying these days. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the device that 90% of the BB world is now carrying? Spec wise I guess there pretty much similar, just find it odd to use the 9810 instead of the 9900/30.

For all those that say "he doesn't want to ruin his own phone", I'm sure Kevin has at his disposal any of the new OS7 devices to use for this test, and not his own personal device.

Just curious as to why the 9810 and not the 9900, or any other OS7 device.
    09-22-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD