05-09-11 06:01 PM
29 12
tools
    I'm sorry, call me old fashioned, but I expect people to have the same behavior, whether hiding behind a PC, or face to face. That's the atmosphere we expect around here, and I'm happy to help enforce it. If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother, then don't say it.

I really don't get this "it's just an internet forum" crap. This is a medium for communication, not some distinctly different spectrum of reality.
    Well said.....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-08-11 08:37 PM
    I'm sorry, call me old fashioned, but I expect people to have the same behavior, whether hiding behind a PC, or face to face. That's the atmosphere we expect around here, and I'm happy to help enforce it. If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother, then don't say it.

I really don't get this "it's just an internet forum" crap. This is a medium for communication, not some distinctly different spectrum of reality.
    Exactly. A medium for communication. Face to face is also communication. Treat all communication equally. What the guy BadWulf quoted was indirectly permitting cyber-bullying. Name-calling is bullying, regardless of whether it's face-to-face or online. Just online it's easier to be anonymous, whereas face-to-face you're more likely to get a 'boot to the head' (Phoenix Wright parody reference)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-09-11 06:31 AM
    This thread goes right along with the original thread Kevin posted about cleaning up the forums.

I am sorry but there should NEVER be any reason to personally attack another person on this forum just because you disagree with the post they made just like if they disagreed with what you posted and you got offended. Next thing someone fights back and it gets ugly.

I know this is not in the lines of trolls but the word had been brought up in this thread and this is the reason why I asked Kevin to STICKY his original thread so everyone can be reminded as I knew this would happen and given a few weeks many would revert back to their old ways.

Come on folks live John Yester said, It IS a privilage to post here and if you want to fight with others and be negative please take it to forums that don't care as much as the Founder of this site and his Mods that keep an eye out.

Let's get back to helping others and leave the negativeness out of the the threads and your posts to them and others.

Thanks!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-09-11 12:51 PM

Exactly how I feel and posted basically the same thing in my thread here as well.
    Good job BBWulf
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    05-09-11 06:01 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD