I just bought the Tour and really like it but now I'm seeing all these threads on the Storm 2 coming out.

Should I return the Tour and wait for the Storm 2 or just keep it?

History: Curve 8330 was my third generation BB and I loved it. It broke a few days ago but was out of warranty. Luckily I had the insurance so they sent me a brand new Curve 8330 with all the fixings in the original box. I decided it would be better to sell the new Curve and get the Tour instead of just using the new Curve. I was happy with this decision until I saw the Storm 2 is coming soon. I hate not being 100% happy with a new BB. Any help with the decision would be most appreciated.
    08-03-09 07:53 PM
    Gonna be a pretty decent wait... Up to you if you want it that bad and can wait that long.

Do you really want full touchscreen? The screen is nice, but odds are you will miss tb + qwerty at least to some extent. Eventually the large display "ooh" and "ahh" wears off, unless you primarily only browse and watch videos.

Even for browsing.. I've owned several touch-only phones and I miss T/B/space/alt+space hardkeys for navigating pages quite a bit. Touchscreen is better for scrolling than dpad or trackball, but not better than tb + all those hotkeys imo...
    Last edited by papped; 08-03-09 at 07:59 PM.
    08-03-09 07:57 PM
    papped- great thoughts. you do have a point about "wears off". Usually I do all these cool things with the phone for the first few months but then I just go back to using it for business, emails, texting and looking online when I'm out and need to find a location or bored in line.

this definitly helps so far. Thanks!

Any other thoughts out there...
    08-03-09 08:03 PM
    i would personally keep the tour because i have had three or four touchscreen phones and each one i tell myself "it is gonna be better than the last", but it never is. i always miss my hard keys! plus the tour is a 'looker' and IMO the storm 2 looks ugly
    08-03-09 08:17 PM
    I had the tour and If i was you I would wait for Storm 2. Tour is a decent phone but I hated the small trackball enough to where i went back to my storm.
    08-03-09 08:20 PM
    Storm 2... Do it
    08-03-09 08:21 PM
    The 9630 is awesome. Try the keypad on the 9530 it will give you an idea but personally I like a physical keypad.
    08-03-09 08:44 PM
    i would personally keep the tour because i have had three or four touchscreen phones and each one i tell myself "it is gonna be better than the last", but it never is. i always miss my hard keys! plus the tour is a 'looker' and IMO the storm 2 looks ugly
    Hahaha, this is very true. Also the tour is a very solid device, unless you are just keen on having the newest thing out then there is no reason to go after a Storm 2 if you already have the Tour.
    08-03-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD