Great Now I'm selling my Blackberry because of this
    At this point you may as well wait for it to become antique. It might be worth something.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    07-08-13 03:41 PM
    Same problem here. My wife and I have been waiting for sprint also. I actually switched to tmob but their service stinks where i live so i had to send it back. With BBM coming to other platforms we have actually been looking at going to other phones as well even though we dont want to. Its a shame because I know this isnt blackberrys fault.
    07-08-13 03:45 PM
    Even with the international numbers, the fact remains that this survey was done up to the end of May. Truth is, the next couple of quarters will likely show declines as well in many regions (though maybe not so much in the US; there's not much further to go).

This is a marathon, folks, not a sprint.
    07-08-13 03:49 PM
    Didn't realize that BB had such a big share in Mexico... or that you could loose so much market share in one quarter.

I do. This isn't a drop in marketshare of people using devices in a quarter. This is a drop in marketshare of new devices in a quarter. In those markets, the Z10 and Q10 and Q5 were announced but, in many cases still forthcoming.

With new product known but not available, you could see why it would dry up.

What would be scary is if this trend continued in the summer and fall quarters.
    07-08-13 03:52 PM
    Couple of months ago I went into att to see the z10 device. The z10 was laying in a drawer and uncharged. Now I know its just one store but still if blackberry is not getting the carrier support at the point of sale they can for sure hang it up. Too bad blackberry doesnt sell the phones themselves and have their own worldwide carrier service. I know wishful thinking.
    BlackberryFan777 likes this.
    07-08-13 03:52 PM
    i live in the Dominican Republic, and if i have seen one windows phone ever, is much to say, BlackBerrys, iphones, samsung, motorola and htc all over the place.
    07-08-13 03:57 PM
    Even with the international numbers, the fact remains that this survey was done up to the end of May. Truth is, the next couple of quarters will likely show declines as well in many regions (though maybe not so much in the US; there's not much further to go).

This is a marathon, folks, not a sprint.

As an ex-webOS user, I hear sinister laughter when someone uses that phrase.... now we just need someone to say "doubledown".
    07-08-13 04:00 PM
    I just get the feeling that if BlackBerry spent half the effort and attention that it's spent trying to recapture a market that is clearly volatile towards it (yes, you America, I mean you), and focused on strengthening it's foothold in so called "emerging markets" with devices that have better price points, they wouldn't actually do too badly. I run a business, and strategy is fairly straightforward - if your desired market is saturated and differentiation isn't working, you either need to develop a new product (BB10, which is evidently not doing as well as we'd like) or move to "uncontested" market space.

I can't imagine the complex challenges BlackBerry must contend with as a whole, but I can't help thinking that if the US market won't save BlackBerry they should try elsewhere. having lived in South-East Asia and Southern Africa I can attest to the fact that in many countries in these regions, BlackBerry is still very much a relevant brand. Take Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa, and think India, Spain, and Italy. There's no doubt the US is a heavily influential market, that others it would seem benchmark from, but BlackBerry needs to grow some gonads and go out an conquer the rest of the world. There is hope for Waterloo. Alicia Keys cant help (and yes, I brought that up too).
    07-08-13 04:03 PM
    The company where I work doesn't even provide BB10 Blackberries as an option...still stuck on OS7 devices (or worse). I ask and ask our IT dept when they'll be approved, and I get the run-around... But we do have iPhones. So when workers are choosing iPhones on 2 year contracts, you're darn tootin' right that BB10 isn't going to sell well for a loooong while. And guess what...my BB basically died, so I had to get an iPhone (no way I was going on another 2 year contract on an OS7 device). So now I'm 2 years in with an iPhone.

I just don't see excitement out there for Blackberries, and in general the "I'm gonna wet my pants" excitement for smartphones is dwindling. The iPhone 5 was...meh. The Galaxy S4 was...meh. And in general, the response from the Z10 was...good but meh.

Maybe the Q10 will be approved in a couple of years so I can get back to a physical keyboard...but by then I'll probably be an expert at the virtual keyboards and won't care anymore...
    Too bad we get upgraded annually. I'm rockin' a z10 since June .. so by next June .. the A10 perhaps?
    07-08-13 04:27 PM
    We can make jokes about the research, we can tell how great BB10 is, but if this survey is even half true it is terrible news for BB. The shorts must have this info too. Was planning to buy some shares based on the cash, prospects etc. but will wait at least until September. Feel saddened. Somehow I'm very inspired by a turnaround story or a company performing against all odds, but this one ain't gonna happen. Like being f*ed but not with my pants on and that's what Apple does with it 50% net margin, and don't like the Samsung garbage either. But look at HTC too. Considered one of the best phones, but not working for them either, while even Android. Mobile phone market will be duopoly.

Finished..
    07-08-13 04:55 PM
    DAMNIT! BlackBerry didn't have immediate results. WHAT A DISGRACE! I'm outraged, appalled, I'm selling all my BlackBerry stuff and renouncing my Canadian citizenship!! Anyone know of a good laser tattoo removal shop? I need to get this BlackBerry tattoo removed off my arse! I'm dumping all my investment money into this research firm now because I trust them and believe they will show me the right way!!
    To be fair, the only ones saying bb10 was going to "Sell like he//" were bbry themselves and a few rabid fanboys.

I'm disappointed in the numbers, but I'm also a realist and understand things won't change overnight. I'd like to believe when Thor was predicting an operating loss for the next quarter that he was doing an "under promise, over deliver", but sadly I don't think that's the case.

We can all argue about the validity of the reports, which one is more accurate, etc, but to the non-crackberrian, it certainly doesn't look good for the new BlackBerry. I'm hopeful BlackBerry still has a few tricks up their sleeve
    07-08-13 05:09 PM
    I'm dumping all my investment money into this research firm now because I trust them and believe they will show me the right way!!
    I know this is in sarcasm; but, I believe that ignoring Kantar was one of the greatest downfalls of BBRY investors. This is one of the largest, most impartial sources of smartphone market share data.

Kantar knows better than Goldman Sachs or any investment firm because this is their area of specialty. Their research is more comprehensive than any of the secretive methodology "channel checks".
    07-08-13 05:47 PM
    DAMNIT! BlackBerry didn't have immediate results. WHAT A DISGRACE! I'm outraged, appalled, I'm selling all my BlackBerry stuff and renouncing my Canadian citizenship!! Anyone know of a good laser tattoo removal shop? I need to get this BlackBerry tattoo removed off my arse! I'm dumping all my investment money into this research firm now because I trust them and believe they will show me the right way!!
    Well, at the very least this research firm is far more credible and honest than the Crackberry editorials that cruelly misled folks into thinking that BB10 devices were outselling the Galaxy S4 in the UK, and outselling nearly everything else in one of the biggest carriers in France.
    I wonder how many people made investment decisions based on those two articles?

The tragic part is that things are bound to get really worse. There's a Motorola X phone launching on all carriers soon, the Galaxy S4 mini will launch soon at nearly the same price as the 'budget' Q5 (with way better specs), there's the killer trio of the Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5S and the budget iPhone also coming up in the next quarter.

Here's a quote from the Kantar report you're keen on discrediting...it isn't really about sales figures, just about general trends.

Meanwhile, in developing markets like Mexico, Windows Phone is starting to prove it can be a worthy successor to the hugely popular Symbian-based devices. Entry level smartphones are selling well, for instance the Nokia Lumia 505 was the fifth bestselling smartphone in Mexico in the past three months
    Ditto for the Lumia 521 sales on Tmobile. If you guys really want to make yourselves useful to Blackberry, pressure those clowns running things to price the Q5 to move volumes and keep BB10 as a viable contender and for developers to consider it for the future...or else I expect to see you post more guides in November on how to sideload the companion apps for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to BB10.
    notfanboy, mikeo007, trwrt and 5 others like this.
    07-08-13 05:59 PM
    Be patient. It's the beginning of BB10. Takes time to develop market shares.
    07-08-13 06:18 PM
    DAMNIT! BlackBerry didn't have immediate results. WHAT A DISGRACE! I'm outraged, appalled,
    Immediate results? They had no results. In fact if I tested positive for the clap I would have better results...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    07-08-13 06:21 PM
    Someone please tell me what it is that is going to turn sales around? These devices get older every day. Older devices sell worse than new ones. That is just the way this industry works.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-08-13 06:35 PM
    Updates in OS will always help sell devices. BlackBerry will always have a loyal customer base so I suppose it depends on what each consumer wants. Why do iPhone still sell when people know a new one is 1-2 month(s) away?

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-13 06:40 PM
    Someone please tell me what it is that is going to turn sales around? These devices get older every day. Older devices sell worse than new ones. That is just the way this industry works.
    Time for people to know BB10. Time for people to get out of contract.
    07-08-13 06:51 PM
    Windows Phone 8 finally seems to do pretty well.

Anyhow, as for BB10, we're looking at the very early days here. It has to grow over time.

An Aristo, with BlackBerry 10.2 or 10.3, hopefully badass hardware and more apps later in the year might gear things up.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:58 PM
    Windows phone is doing well only because of their advertising campaign. Blackberry easily loses out, but there has been some improvement here in singapore. There are soo-called Blackberry experts at telco shops here, never heard of before. At least it's a step in the right direction.

3 BBs in 3 years. 9000 > 9900 > Q10. send from Q10
    07-08-13 07:18 PM
    Research firm Kantar Worldpanel has released a new report highlighting U.S. smartphone sales over the March-May period,
    Attachment 180325
    There is no news like old news. It is from May on that I am interested in.
    07-08-13 07:18 PM
    Its going to take some time for the new devices to catch on with consumers. At least BlackBerry is in the race now, before they just weren't counted.
    People that left BlackBerry are now looking at the new devices and they are coming back.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:19 PM
    Updates in OS will always help sell devices. BlackBerry will always have a loyal customer base so I suppose it depends on what each consumer wants. Why do iPhone still sell when people know a new one is 1-2 month(s) away?

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, BB will not always have a loyal fan base. In fact a good percentage of BBOS owners are open to other platforms or do not want BB10.
    07-08-13 07:20 PM
    I can't imagine anyone who wants to know, not knowing this trend has been happening by now. Let's face it the broadcast news is full of how BlackBerry is not on top of the World and may never be on top of the world, and beyond that we are told our beloved BlackBerry may not even exist as it is known today in the foreseeable FUTURE. This kind of data, and talk is going on all over, and has been for quite some time (years actually). Clearly the first quarter has already proven BB is not doing as well as predicted/expected/or wanted by many of us. Whatever. I don't expect BlackBerry will do well in the US of A (there I said it). At least not for quite some time. With sales people not recommending and even worse trying to talk people out of buying BB after all, how can any of us expect it to be otherwise? Surely with this happening it would have taken nothing short of a MIRACLE for the results to be projected/projecting differently in the short term, . Heins himself has said to expect loses in the next quarter, and conceivably even beyond that. Some people come here notwithstanding feeling compelled or for whatever reason, continue to bring this stuff up as if somehow they are trying to make it more relevant for us. I beg to differ. What part of patience do you not understand. You may think or believe or hope something different, but it's not happening different (for now), and the BlackBerry that we genuinely care about has not happened YET (as least not in the degree we expect, and want). Patience. I LOVE my Z10.
    07-08-13 07:45 PM
    You can thank Verizon and AT&T for not releasing 10.1, limiting their customers to a not so wide selection of apps
    web99 and flyingsolid like this.
    07-08-13 07:49 PM
194 1234 ...