Since I've come to love my K1 in the short amount of time I've owned it I'm thinking I might go ahead and think about getting another Blackberry to replace my Samsung S8 soon but I don't know what would work best both for my needs and for use on Verizon's network... i'll miss the battery cases the most from my S8 but I can live.... I'm looking between the K1 BE (64GB/4GB) the K2, and the K2 LE at this point and need it to be fully compatible with Verizon's network.. i'm really leaning towards the K2 because of it's better camera and higher amount battery capacity but I'm also liking the K2 LE keyboard and as I didn't get to use BB since the old days I kinda don't like the touch surface on the K1/K2 keyboard... any suggestions would be nice in helping me decide on what to go with...
    04-01-19 03:07 PM
    Since I've come to love my K1 in the short amount of time I've owned it I'm thinking I might go ahead and think about getting another Blackberry to replace my Samsung S8 soon but I don't know what would work best both for my needs and for use on Verizon's network... i'll miss the battery cases the most from my S8 but I can live.... I'm looking between the K1 BE (64GB/4GB) the K2, and the K2 LE at this point and need it to be fully compatible with Verizon's network.. i'm really leaning towards the K2 because of it's better camera and higher amount battery capacity but I'm also liking the K2 LE keyboard and as I didn't get to use BB since the old days I kinda don't like the touch surface on the K1/K2 keyboard... any suggestions would be nice in helping me decide on what to go with...
    If you’re staying on VZW and want it to function properly, that eliminates the KEYone BE and the Key2 as the LE is the only VZW certified of three you listed.
    04-01-19 03:56 PM
    I'm on K1 SE with VZW and can confirm: no HD Voice, no WiFi calling, rare security updates, no OS updates (still on Android 7).

This might be a me-thing, but my phone also has noticeably worse cell reception than any other smartphone I've owned (maybe I'm just holding my phone wrong lol).
    cribble2k likes this.
    04-01-19 04:46 PM
    I'm on K1 SE with VZW and can confirm: no HD Voice, no WiFi calling, rare security updates, no OS updates (still on Android 7).

This might be a me-thing, but my phone also has noticeably worse cell reception than any other smartphone I've owned (maybe I'm just holding my phone wrong lol).
    And that sounds like the kind of used to be supported VZW CDMA KEYone.
    04-01-19 05:00 PM
    that's the thing I live in a place where we only get 4G LTE for high speed internet so I use my phone heavily... at least 30GB per month... I guess I might just keep the K1 for now with AT&T for my secondary device and go with something else for my main device... I did also see that all AT&T branded devices do not get over the air updates if you are not connected to their network... even AT&T mvnos don't get ota updates on AT&T branded devices... i won't fully switch to AT&T because i've been to so many places that only get 3g/4g AT&T (no LTE) where in the exact same place Verizon gets LTE
    04-01-19 10:02 PM
    that's the thing I live in a place where we only get 4G LTE for high speed internet so I use my phone heavily... at least 30GB per month... I guess I might just keep the K1 for now with AT&T for my secondary device and go with something else for my main device... I did also see that all AT&T branded devices do not get over the air updates if you are not connected to their network... even AT&T mvnos don't get ota updates on AT&T branded devices... i won't fully switch to AT&T because i've been to so many places that only get 3g/4g AT&T (no LTE) where in the exact same place Verizon gets LTE
    Unfortunately, carrier network always should be your primary choice for coverage issues which leaves out VZW for now unless the LE is doable. Good luck..
    04-02-19 11:28 AM
    My LE's connection coverage is doing fine on VZW. As good, if not better than anything else I own. Other "fancy stuff" not yet so great, but can't complain LTE coverage wise.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-02-19 12:26 PM
    My LE's connection coverage is doing fine on VZW. As good, if not better than anything else I own. Other "fancy stuff" not yet so great, but can't complain LTE coverage wise.
    So that would make it your fav BBMo device right?
    Since you find it best for one handed typing compared to the KEYone/KEY2.

I personally, while I am able to type one handed on the LE (couldn't do it on the other two models), it's of course way slower than on a slab, doable but not fast enough for long sentences. It's a bit better without a case though
    idssteve likes this.
    04-02-19 04:45 PM
    So that would make it your fav BBMo device right?
    Since you find it best for one handed typing compared to the KEYone/KEY2.

I personally, while I am able to type one handed on the LE (couldn't do it on the other two models), it's of course way slower than on a slab, doable but not fast enough for long sentences. It's a bit better without a case though
    Yep, I'd have to call LE my fav of the Keys. The best typing & shortcut experience of ANY handset in "current production". According to MY thumb, at least. Lol. LE's ridiculous oversize handicaps single handed performance to about 1/2 of 9900, tho. Which remains my heavy lifter. For as long as that lasts. Lol. Still practicing & refining techniques in anticipation of the inevitable, tho.

My thumb considers LE as better than D60 but I really don't consider the Ks as even single thumb possible without adding contraptions to assist grasp. Maintaining grasp while reaching the far key column with a lone thumb proves tenuous, at best. Just a stretch too far, imo. And I routinely grab XL work gloves for my larger than average hands, for example.

Letting thumbnail grow longer has extended reach. Adding a belt holster like the one on my K1 pictured below is what really even realistically permits single handed use for me. The belt clip provides an adjustable ledge to grasp. Somewhat reminiscent of extended battery covers on 9900. Which I attribute to at least 5% improvement in type rate. Probably more, depending on if I'm flat of back in bed, or contortion within a control cabinet at a worksite. Or??

My single greatest complaint with LE is how the navigation keys utterly disappear when backlighting times out. K1's are always visible under lighted conditions, at least. K1's backlighting illuminates with a quick swipe of its capacitive KB, in darkness. I miss that on LE. Enough so that I'll frequently grab K1 or 2 at night rather than trying to out guess where LE's invisible nav keys are. Lacking tactile clues, they're really most reliably located when illuminated. After adding about three dozen physical keys to the thing, three more physical keys could provide tactile clues to thumb?? ????

That's what happens when slab enthusiasts configure PKB handsets. Imo. Nearly every slab enthusiast I know resents the loss of screenestate to PKB. Nearly every PKB enthusiast I know agrees that the Key series form factor has ventured into experimentally uncharted size territory for candybar PKB handsets. Counter-productively so, for some of us. Some compromises just fail to fully satisfy ANYone... go figure. Lol.

LE's my fave because it represents best typing, shortcut & speed dial experience in "current production". Imo. Fwiw. "Best ever" is another topic. Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails K1 BE vs K2 vs K2 LE Verizon-img_20180911_032238.jpg  
    04-03-19 12:47 PM
    Yep, I'd have to call LE my fav of the Keys. The best typing & shortcut experience of ANY handset in "current production". According to MY thumb, at least. Lol. LE's ridiculous oversize handicaps single handed performance to about 1/2 of 9900, tho. Which remains my heavy lifter. For as long as that lasts. Lol. Still practicing & refining techniques in anticipation of the inevitable, tho.

My thumb considers LE as better than D60 but I really don't consider the Ks as even single thumb possible without adding contraptions to assist grasp. Maintaining grasp while reaching the far key column with a lone thumb proves tenuous, at best. Just a stretch too far, imo. And I routinely grab XL work gloves for my larger than average hands, for example.

Letting thumbnail grow longer has extended reach. Adding a belt holster like the one on my K1 pictured below is what really even realistically permits single handed use for me. The belt clip provides an adjustable ledge to grasp. Somewhat reminiscent of extended battery covers on 9900. Which I attribute to at least 5% improvement in type rate. Probably more, depending on if I'm flat of back in bed, or contortion within a control cabinet at a worksite. Or??

My single greatest complaint with LE is how the navigation keys utterly disappear when backlighting times out. K1's are always visible under lighted conditions, at least. K1's backlighting illuminates with a quick swipe of its capacitive KB, in darkness. I miss that on LE. Enough so that I'll frequently grab K1 or 2 at night rather than trying to out guess where LE's invisible nav keys are. Lacking tactile clues, they're really most reliably located when illuminated. After adding about three dozen physical keys to the thing, three more physical keys could provide tactile clues to thumb?? ????

That's what happens when slab enthusiasts configure PKB handsets. Imo. Nearly every slab enthusiast I know resents the loss of screenestate to PKB. Nearly every PKB enthusiast I know agrees that the Key series form factor has ventured into experimentally uncharted size territory for candybar PKB handsets. Counter-productively so, for some of us. Some compromises just fail to fully satisfy ANYone... go figure. Lol.

LE's my fave because it represents best typing, shortcut & speed dial experience in "current production". Imo. Fwiw. "Best ever" is another topic. Lol.
    How about we settle for Best going forward.... At least for now.
    idssteve likes this.
    04-03-19 12:50 PM
    How about we settle for Best going forward.... At least for now.
    (y) Yep, that it is.
    04-03-19 01:00 PM
    I enjoy the LE for different reasons.
    I don’t have to speed type, type one-handed or in the dark.
    I just like the PKB and Android versatility. It has excellent battery life and added security with DTEK. If it had Pie it would rock.
    04-06-19 06:38 AM
    I enjoy the LE for different reasons.
    I don’t have to speed type, type one-handed or in the dark.
    I just like the PKB and Android versatility. It has excellent battery life and added security with DTEK. If it had Pie it would rock.
    I'm curious about signal quality between the KEYone BE and Key2 LE on AT&T network.
    04-06-19 01:23 PM
    I'm curious about signal quality between the KEYone BE and Key2 LE on AT&T network.
    Well, I only have the LE so I can’t compare. I am on Cricket, which uses AT&T’s towers, and I have had excellent coverage where I live.
    Maybe someone else knows more or has both devices.
    04-06-19 01:35 PM
    My K2 is ATT & seems as good as anything else on ATT. VZW has better coverage for locales I frequent. K1 and LE are on VZW and LE seems better connected. Bars might show about the same but I frequently switch to LE when voice is breaking up or data acts up. I'd say, between my K1 and my LE, LE's VZW signal has pulled thru where k1 didn't. A couple times, at least. ?? Maybe less metal to impede signal? Idk. Fwiw.
    04-06-19 02:15 PM