So I went with DTEK50 initially but wasn't thrilled. Loved the Hardware. The rubberized back the most!

I returned and ordered DTEK60. I've found that to me, it isn't much better...but can understand what others like about it.

So....I'm thinking about flipping back to a DTEK50. Now here comes the issue and my question. I actually don't like the HUB experience on the BlackBerry Android devices, really enjoy having the BlackBerry apps like Messenger, Contacts, Calendar, etc.

Question: is there a way to use the DTEK50 like an Android device SECURED by BlackBerry truly. Meaning can I somehow delete the HUB/HUB+ or disable it, so my notifications ONLY go to my email account apps like Gmail and Yahoo, my Messenger app for texts and MMS, and my 3rd Party like FB, FB Messenger, and LinkedIn.

I'd like to continue using Contacts, Calendar, etc but just don't like the way the HUB works.

Cringe to ask...should I just get a different Android?
    11-13-16 07:53 PM
    If you don't like BlackBerry apps you can disable all blackberry customizations except the icons in the notification bar...
    11-13-16 08:46 PM
    If you don't like BlackBerry apps you can disable all blackberry customizations except the icons in the notification bar...
    Thanks, I do like the BlackBerry apps and would prefer to use which is why I don't want to jump to the Pixel o S7 Active. My question is can the DTEK50 be used WITHOUT the HUB. Is there a way to disable HUB or delete it and not compromise having the other BlackBerry apps. I don't want to get rid of HUB services to then also loose all the apps that come with it. Maybe I'm just not making sense, sorry.
    11-14-16 08:04 AM
    Why would you what to those are the only benefits of owning an android.

#luvmybb10os
    11-14-16 10:12 AM
    Why would you what to those are the only benefits of owning an android.

#luvmybb10os
    I think my point is being missed here. What I like is BlackBerry Security, BlackBerry Keyboard, BlackBerry Calendar, etc. I like all the native BlackBerry Apps I'm use to from BlackBerry 10.

Enter Android, I'd like to continue getting BlackBerry Security and native apps, but also have the Android App ecosystem.

I just don't like the HUB integration on the PRIV, DTEK50, or DTEK60.

Ideally what I want is this...let's not over complicate things.

-DTEK50 with rubberized textured back
    -BlackBerry Security and native apps
    -Access to Google Play Store with Android M or N release in a few months.
    -Ability to disable HUB so I can use Yahoo and Gmail apps for notifications, Messenger for texts and MMS, and then 3rd Party like FB, FB Messenger, LinkedIn, etc would have all notifications go to the 3rd app only.
    -I don't need the HUB. I don't like the unified inbox integration with Android.

I hope that's more clear. Bottom line: I want a DTEK50 secured by BlackBerry without using the HUB.
    agentlycan likes this.
    11-14-16 04:27 PM
    I having the same issue with the BlackBerry Hub integration in android. It's not as fluid as in bb10. I installed the BlackBerry Hub on my Samsung s6.
    11-14-16 09:37 PM
    I having the same issue with the BlackBerry Hub integration in android. It's not as fluid as in bb10. I installed the BlackBerry Hub on my Samsung s6.
    Right, so my point is actually that I really like the hardware of the DTEK50 and rubberized back. I just want to disable the HUB and get notifications to the apps they belong in.

Like can't I just remove or disable the HUB?
    11-14-16 10:34 PM
    Like can't I just remove or disable the HUB?
    Yeah. Disable it. Don't use it. Use whatever else. There's no requirement to use it at all if you don't want to. Open settings, go to apps, go to Hub, tap on disable. Call it a day.
    11-15-16 03:21 PM
    There we go. Phew, someone who could finally answer the poor guy's question LOL.

Thanks, Bla1ze!
    11-15-16 06:27 PM
    Yeah. Disable it. Don't use it. Use whatever else. There's no requirement to use it at all if you don't want to. Open settings, go to apps, go to Hub, tap on disable. Call it a day.
    Appreciate the response. Thank you. I was under the impression disabling the HUB would disable other BlackBerry apps, apparently not. Done. Thanks again.
    11-15-16 07:33 PM
    That's Blackberry Services that you need for other stuff. Hub also requires BlackBerry services I believe.
    11-15-16 08:24 PM