I have a BB Tour and noticed I had to do a update I figured it was nothing so I just updated it while I was sleeping. I just woke up and noticed that all of my pictures were gone. Is there anyway to get them back?
    04-03-10 12:03 PM
    When it did an automatic update, it didn't make a backup file? It should have if it was done with DM. I think the backup file backups pictures as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 12:40 PM
    If your pictures were saved to your media card, they should still be there.

Use Media / Explore to check in both device and media memory.

I have not tested it, but I don't think backup/restore saves pictures from device memory.
    04-03-10 12:49 PM
    Was just about to ask this.

Waiting on Reed McLay's testing results
    04-03-10 12:54 PM
    Little hitch in the testing.

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 and this was the first time I attempted a backup. Predictably,something went wrong and I ended up cancelling the backup and restarting my BlackBerry.

Somewhere between the new software and BlackBerry Messenger Groups, something is not very happy. If anybody with a working BlackBerry Desktop Manager wants to try the experiment, you will use Advanced Restore to view the database and tell us for sure.

Meanwhile, I will start with a fresh BlackBerry Desktop Manager and BlackBerry Messenger builds.

'puters, there is alwasy something.

Update edit: Removing BBM let me complete the backup. Advanced restore shows only one record at Camera Options at 128 bytes... not big enough for the picture in device memory.

04-03-10 01:25 PM
    Desktop manager should have made a backup. Also you should just save them onto the media card from now on to avoid this in future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD