I thought that updating to new software might help my camera problem, but it didn't. I still get the, "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." message when trying to turn on my camera.

Anyone have any last ideas before I call Verizon? ( )
    08-23-08 01:42 PM
    Do you have a memory card? If not, how many pictures on saved to your BB?

Also, have you tried to wipe your berry with JL_CMDER and then re-install the OS from scratch?
    08-23-08 01:56 PM
    Keep in mind 4.5 is not official and you wouldn't want to call Verizon to let them know that your camera doesn't work with the 4.5 software you installed.
    08-23-08 01:56 PM
    Do you have a memory card? If not, how many pictures on saved to your BB?

Also, have you tried to wipe your berry with JL_CMDER and then re-install the OS from scratch?
    I just bought this 8130 on ebay, as a fresh refurb. Still sealed in plastic. Turned it on for the first time yesterday. It has been doing this since I turned it on. I have 0 pictures on there. And I do have a 2gb memory card in.

I have not tried to wipe it clean. How hard is it to do? How do you reload the OS back on, the same way you update it?
    08-23-08 02:51 PM
    In my experience, that error message usually means the camera is doomed.
    08-23-08 03:00 PM
    In my experience, that error message usually means the camera is doomed.
    I hope not.
    08-23-08 03:19 PM
    The video camera does not work either. Although it doesn't give me an error message. I goto the video camera icon, and it pops up like its going to work, then just shuts off like nothing happened.
    08-23-08 04:30 PM
    BETA software can can be buggy software. Best to wait for the official release if you don't want to be chasing bugs.

Maybe try using the approved 4.2 OS version for your phone/carrier.
    08-23-08 06:10 PM
    BETA software can can be buggy software. Best to wait for the official release if you don't want to be chasing bugs.

Maybe try using the approved 4.2 OS version for your phone/carrier.
    I was using the software that came on the phone and still had the same problem.
    08-24-08 09:39 AM
    This is what I've done:

1.) Several "Battery pulls".
    2.) Updated to the newest Blackberry software v4.5.0.56.
    3.) Completely wiped the phone of everything and reloaded with v4.5.0.56.
    4.) Completely wiped the phone again and loaded it with the stock software.

Still get the same error message
    08-24-08 12:02 PM
    This is what I've done:

1.) Several "Battery pulls".
    2.) Updated to the newest Blackberry software v4.5.0.56.
    3.) Completely wiped the phone of everything and reloaded with v4.5.0.56.
    4.) Completely wiped the phone again and loaded it with the stock software.

Still get the same error message
    because it's a hardware issue. it needs to be swapped out if there's a warranty.
    08-24-08 12:14 PM
    I bought it on ebay from a guy who just got it back from insurance. It was still sealed in the insurance packaging. So I'm guess theres no warranty and I'm going to have to pay my $50 deductible to get a new one.
    08-24-08 12:22 PM
    I actually upgraded to 4.5 and it took about 16 hours for all the apps to work including the camera. I've been running 4.5 for over a week now and everything is terrific! Just give your berry time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD