if RIM can get thier game together .....android will have some serious trouble, the whole time i spent with the atrix i waned to swipe up to close apps, i love my playbook and my torch 9800, i sure hope blackberry pulls a hat trick, please rim please surprise all the tech geeks!
    12-06-11 12:20 AM
    can i have my torch back please
    sapperuk likes this.
    12-06-11 01:29 AM
    Remind me how well is the Atrix selling? What about Motorola? Are they making any profits or losses?

Yeah, Rim should copy the Atrix
    12-06-11 04:04 AM
    I spent a few weeks with an Atrix 2 and it was great, except it could not deliver long html formatted emails from my Exchange 2007 server. Always errored out saying it could not retrieve the full message body. If that worked I would have stayed with Android. But since my office email is my livelyhood I cannot go to a half baked solution.

Curiously my sons Sony Experia could capture the entire email with no trouble! Too bad the experia is heavy and too thick with its sliding game pad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 07:25 AM
    That's strange. All exchange email on my LG Thrill works beautifully...as it did on my Captivate and Inspire.

What's even stranger is the Atrix was meant more for the business intention, which means it should have top-notch email functioning. I wonder if it wasn't a glitch with the model you had.
    12-06-11 10:35 AM
    Remind me how well is the Atrix selling? What about Motorola? Are they making any profits or losses?

Yeah, Rim should copy the Atrix
    lol...why does this have to have the tone of an attack/defense on another company. The OP made some observations on how he liked the Atrix. Did you actually take the time to google how well the Atrix is selling and how well Motorola is doing? I'll say someone in Motorola did something well enough to take some bucks from Google and walk away filthy rich. Of course we know that Google bought Motorola to fight Apple.

Personally, I think it'd be sweet if a BlackDroid phone came out which had the best of Android and the best of Blackberry.

I might be way off base but it seems like a lot of times when someone criticizes a Blackberry, the 'tone' of your post comes off as if you feel they're attacking you personally.

I think the point is RIM does some things very right and Android does some things very right. I know every phone I've had no matter how good it is, I've always thought "you know, it'd be cool if this phone could...."
    12-06-11 10:43 AM
    lol...why does this have to have the tone of an attack/defense on another company. The OP made some observations on how he liked the Atrix. Did you actually take the time to google how well the Atrix is selling and how well Motorola is doing? I'll say someone in Motorola did something well enough to take some bucks from Google and walk away filthy rich. Of course we know that Google bought Motorola to fight Apple.

Personally, I think it'd be sweet if a BlackDroid phone came out which had the best of Android and the best of Blackberry.

I might be way off base but it seems like a lot of times when someone criticizes a Blackberry, the 'tone' of your post comes off as if you feel they're attacking you personally.

I think the point is RIM does some things very right and Android does some things very right. I know every phone I've had no matter how good it is, I've always thought "you know, it'd be cool if this phone could...."
    Motorola has been making a loss for a while so no, it doesn't make sense for any company to copy them. It's like telling Apple to make their Ipad more like the PlayBook.

Atrix has been a failure sales wise.

Nothing to do with me likeing Blackberry a lot, you can't advise a profitable company to follow a business model from another comapny that's making a loss can you?
    12-06-11 11:04 AM

Lol!? It's been tried already, and we're still waiting for the other half of it. It was called the Playbook.
    Anyways, personally the Atrix was one of my favorite phones when it was distributed. Probably my favorite Motorola phone still. My favorite Android is still Samsung Galaxy models still. My favorite BB model... I think I've only liked the new 99XX series so far, BUT it would still be the Playbook for now!
    12-06-11 01:36 PM
    But should it be called BlackDroid or AnBerry? or DroidBerry
    12-06-11 01:56 PM
    The new all touch Torch 9850/60 is pretty awesome in my book. My friends all opted for the 99xx bold and they love it but im a touchscreen guy. Not sure how well all the new OS 7 phones will compete, though, and not due to their nature but the fact that I fear retailers, carriers and consumers already gave Balsillie and Lazaridis all the chances they could and this is too little too late.

chiefbroski likes this.
    12-06-11 02:51 PM
    As awesome as the hardware is for phones like this, its the software that keeps me with BB. I mean, the colour led profiles, the push email from any email address, the fluidity of BB7, BBM, and the ease of integration with work email.

I'd be more impressed with android if it was more pleasant to use. It's still laggy in my opinion. It feels unfinished. ICS is a little better, but still...not as smooth as BB7.

Android is only superior in app selection, specs, choice in manufacturer, size, flash, and customizability of UI. And none of these are more important to me than BBM, work email integration, fluid graphics, physical buttons and more efficient UI(in my opinion).
    12-06-11 03:25 PM
    That's strange. All exchange email on my LG Thrill works beautifully...as it did on my Captivate and Inspire.

What's even stranger is the Atrix was meant more for the business intention, which means it should have top-notch email functioning. I wonder if it wasn't a glitch with the model you had.
    I thought it would be a good fit as well. I have tried three Atrix 2s. The one I purchased and the two floor models at 2 different AT&T stores. All same issue. Samsungs will set up exchange for me but not retrieve email. Those devices are running 2.3.5, while my sons Experia is 2.3.3. I did not try the LG Thrill as the 3D thing is not my taste. I am going to try updating my Exchange server to SP3 and perhaps another SSL certificate. We'll see. I want to try a 9860, but the stores don't have them yet.

I will say the Atrix2 is a great device, but you cannot directly compare it to BlackBerry for obvious reasons. I think the OS is scattered and needs refinement but it is workable. For my use I most missed the LED notifications and the ringtone profiles and bedside mode. Those BlackBerry items are so subtle until you don't have it. I ended up using NoLED, Timerrific.

12-07-11 08:25 AM
    Download ringdroid or Zedge for ringtones. There is also an app for various LED lights/notifications, just your android phone needs to support it. There is even a bedside mode if i am not mistake in the app market.

Might not be as nice as BB, but you can find them to help ease the pain some.

I love both platforms. Each one does basically the same, just some areas perform better than the other and vice versa.

Guys are always so quick to judge a device, but remember competition is good.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD