I'm not a big techie do bear with me. I bought my first BB a curve 8330 and loved it, went to storm and then now I'm on a tour. Got my wife one too.

But lately I have been thinking that the BB does nothing for "me". Yea BBM is cool but I only have like 3 friends on a bb so it's kinda pointless, the push email is good but I'm no business man and could just log into my mobile gmail site once in a while to check.

Guess my phone is mainly for surfing the web (thank god for opera mini) and calls/texts. Apps are cool but again mostly I can do all that stuff through browser.(Mail,banking,weather etc).

And the games for this thing stink, horrid plane jane graphics and nothing really worth while just a few small time killers.

I'm looking to stay on verizon so what phone has the best web browser? Is bb making some kinda of change to its OS (real change) or will it be more of the same?

Don't wanna sound like a hater but this is how I have been feeling as of late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 09:55 PM
    don't feel guilty or anything i've had the same feeling. I've been seriously thinking of switching to android because of the FREE apps and the graphics/ui is much better , not to mention it's os is rapidly progressing. From what your explaining and your situation since your on verizon I think the droid would be a pretty good choice.
    12-25-09 10:41 PM
    I guess the biggest thing I would ask yourself then is do you need a smartphone then. If you don't really use the apps, dont want to find the "cool" games, and don't need push email...then why would you want a smartphone?

I'm not trying to sound rude, but just from what you've said, it sounds like you have a phone you don't really need and perhaps thats why it does nothing for "you".

Through Verizon, several regular phones have full html browsers (Samsung Rogue, EnvTouch, Env3).
    12-25-09 11:05 PM
    Ive been feeling the same way, but the only thing holding me back is the money. I really want the droid or eris since I just want a nice browser and dont need the instant email. Its just really nice having the BB reliability.
    12-25-09 11:08 PM
    There are a few apps I use like the google stuff mostly maps, voice and a few others. It's not that I don't want to use apps but I find most are useless to "me" if there were more I used I might feel different. I do want to find the "cool" games but have not found any yet. Guess what I need a smartphone that has better games and a better browser.

I guess the biggest thing I would ask yourself then is do you need a smartphone then. If you don't really use the apps, dont want to find the "cool" games, and don't need push email...then why would you want a smartphone?

I'm not trying to sound rude, but just from what you've said, it sounds like you have a phone you don't really need and perhaps thats why it does nothing for "you".

Through Verizon, several regular phones have full html browsers (Samsung Rogue, EnvTouch, Env3).
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD