People who want an Android phone buy an Android phone, not Blackberry for not $700. Blackberry was for those who wanted another OS experience, the BB10. Now Blackberry has in practice removed their entire customer base.
    If I wanted to get Android for 1000$ I can get but still I love passport for work! I like slider and BlackBerry gave that in Android, I night it but sold due to stupid OS!!!
    You know worst thing in Android if you have a headache there is an app for that. Core functionality of OS is sublet to apps! So enjoy it

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 06:44 AM
    People who want an Android phone buy an Android phone, not Blackberry for not $700. Blackberry was for those who wanted another OS experience, the BB10. Now Blackberry has in practice removed their entire customer base.
    You have problem with 700$??? How much was S6 edge on launch???

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 06:46 AM
    Can you put a SD in it? Or you have app for that?? What you will with 4K video on limited storage?

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 06:47 AM
    Yes I blame Android cause same happens on my brother's Note 4, somebody sitting besides you can easily hear your conversation. I never feel it on BB10! So technically I really don't know exactly it's hardware problem or software but many android devices having same behaviour and none BB10 have this problem! I have shared my experience on android! Your might be different or you may be never tries BB10

Posted via Passport
    There is this great feature known as Volume Control

Its fine to admit that modern technology defeats you, no shame in that mate.

I am surrounded by Android users, and when they answer the phone I can't hear what the other person on the other end is saying, thanks to that wonderful Volume control.
    12-12-15 06:53 AM
    Can you put a SD in it? Or you have app for that?? What you will with 4K video on limited storage?

Posted via Passport
    Got an SD in my Note 4, oh yes, there is a plethora of apps that use it and I store my 4k vids in my 64GB MicroSD, if I need more memory I'll get a 200GB MicroSD.
    12-12-15 06:55 AM
    It's quite obvious that the little Android adventure of Blackberry is a flop. What would you expect for a phone that costs $700 that offers nothing better apart from the keyboard.
    I think that's the thing that is so outrageous, the price. $700? How do the have the gaul to sell it at that price and why would a anyone pay that much?
    12-12-15 07:29 AM
    The price is indeed ridiculous for the Priv, especially when one considers that other than the Keyboard it falls behind the likes of the LG V10, LG G4, Xperia Z5 Premium, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Moto X Pure, Huawei Mate 8 etc...
    12-12-15 07:46 AM
    I think that's the thing that is so outrageous, the price. $700? How do the have the gaul to sell it at that price and why would a anyone pay that much?
    Competition. The Blackberry Priv is not a $700 phone in the Android segment. Look at other offerings from LG and other Asian manufacturers and they give much better bang for the buck. The Galaxy S6 sells because it is a flagship device and well known.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-12-15 07:57 AM
    Now Blackberry has in practice removed their entire customer base.
    Yup, pretty much.

Mind you, BB is getting practised at this.

They dumped millions of BBOS users when they moved to BB10. They've now dumped (rather fewer) millions of BB10 users as they moved to Android. Third time will be the charm, when they decide Priv isn't bringing home the bacon (revenue), and drop Android (and hardware) too!
    12-12-15 10:59 AM
    Yup, pretty much.

Mind you, BB is getting practised at this.

They dumped millions of BBOS users when they moved to BB10. They've now dumped (rather fewer) millions of BB10 users as they moved to Android. Third time will be the charm, when they decide Priv isn't bringing home the bacon (revenue), and drop Android (and hardware) too!
    These are your prayers??? Amen to that

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 01:02 PM
    I'm loving this thread by the way, and I imagine other BB10 loyalist are also. If I had bought the Priv I'd upgrade to a Passport too!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    12-12-15 02:17 PM
    These are your prayers??? Amen to that
    Heh-heh, you should be careful what you wish for...

If the Priv fails to sell, Chen likely won't have the money to complete his transition to software. Dropping the Priv would almost certainly also spell the end of Hardware, as Android is (IMO) the final throw of the dice as far as BB devices are concerned. Chen will be left with a half-complete software transition, a big hole in his finances; BB will have ceased to be a phone manufacturer, and will be in big trouble.

I reckon I'd be disappointed to see all that come about, because I'd really like to see Chen pull off this turnaround.

I'll just add that those posters who seem to be rooting for the Priv to fail, and hoping for that failure to persuade BB to return to its BB10 product line, are (again IMO) sadly deluded.

BB is now all in with Android. There's no going back if it fails.

We'll see in a week the first signs of whether the Android plan is working.

Interesting times.
    12-12-15 02:28 PM
    I love the Priv. My only regret is buying the At&t version instead of unlocked.

Only issue with the AT&T version is dealing with At&t....

But I also liked my Passport, very good phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-12-15 02:31 PM
    I choose Priv for million apps collections.. Bb10 will be dead shortly.. why should look back?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 01:10 AM
    Competition. The Blackberry Priv is not a $700 phone in the Android segment. Look at other offerings from LG and other Asian manufacturers and they give much better bang for the buck. The Galaxy S6 sells because it is a flagship device and well known.
    While I agree, they could have done better with pricing, it's not as bad as people are making it, but I agree with one point you made; the Android segment. One thing about a lot of Android users is they want the world for little to nothing, and I put part of that on the Nexus program after the Galaxy S. That POC Galaxy Nexus cost $399 and people went crazy expecting everyone to do that, not fully realizing that Google at most of that cost. I didn't expect much from Blackberry going to Google because something else the market shows is profit from Android phone sales, and marketshare doesn't mean a thing if you aren't making a lot of money from that. People don't realize that their flagships aren't a bulk of their marketshare (Google search Galaxy J). But I say that to say this, we don't know what Blackberry's profit margin for each phone is, so if $700 is the price that is needed to make a profit, everyone saying that they support what Blackberry shouldn't have a problem with the price, especially if they could go and buy an iPhone or Galaxy for the same price. IJS
    12-13-15 04:12 AM
    [WARN]Inappropriate Language:
    Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, images and links family appropriate. Creative misspelling of profanity to circumvent the filters in place to block variations of profanity will not be tolerated. Moderators may delete or edit posts at their discretion, if posts are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be typically be given a warning for the first violation. Continued violations will result in a ban from the forum.
    [/WARN]
    12-13-15 06:05 AM
91 ... 234