Yoo i Just got a brand new replacement for my bold 9000. Funny thing is i bought the bold off of my boss for $150 and it was not in very good shape. Fortunately for me it was still under warranty after 8months.
    It started when my phone just stopped working for no apparent reason. It was never dropped or water damaged and the screen or the LED wouldnt light up even when connected with charger. So i took it to the local dealer and to my surprise they called me 2hours later telling me that theyre giving me a brand new replacement since the old one suffered a damaged main board. Im just happy i received a brand new bold9000 for $150. Anyhow just wanted to share this moment.
    03-14-10 05:09 PM
    I wondered how the manufactures warranty replacement worked. I had heard that you would have to send it in to RIM for the exchange, meaning you would have to be without the phone for some time. I guess that's not the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 05:57 PM
    Congrats. thats an excellent price for $150. Enjoy. The 9000 is a great device.
    03-14-10 06:07 PM
    I wondered how the manufactures warranty replacement worked. I had heard that you would have to send it in to RIM for the exchange, meaning you would have to be without the phone for some time. I guess that's not the case.

Well currently im working in the middle east and here one of the large cellphone dealers is Axiom Telecom. They probably had alot in stock.
    03-14-10 06:16 PM
    cool for you. in canada we receive the new phone during the week(Telus)
    03-14-10 06:23 PM
    Same thing happened to me with my Tour from eBay! It was in perfect condition and working fine, until one day the standby and keyboard lock button just stopped working. Sprint gave me a brand new one!
    03-14-10 06:41 PM
    Most carriers will honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty and will swap out a defective device fir a refurn (new if refurb stock is low).

03-14-10 07:00 PM
    Nice come up...

03-14-10 08:47 PM
    Most carriers will honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty and will swap out a defective device fir a refurn (new if refurb stock is low).

So why the **** am I paying for insurance
    03-14-10 09:02 PM
    Just in case your precious BB is lost or stolen, heaven forbid....
    03-14-10 09:41 PM
    Yoo i Just got a brand new replacement for my bold 9000. Funny thing is i bought the bold off of my boss for $150 and it was not in very good shape. Fortunately for me it was still under warranty after 8months.
    It started when my phone just stopped working for no apparent reason. It was never dropped or water damaged and the screen or the LED wouldnt light up even when connected with charger. So i took it to the local dealer and to my surprise they called me 2hours later telling me that theyre giving me a brand new replacement since the old one suffered a damaged main board. Im just happy i received a brand new bold9000 for $150. Anyhow just wanted to share this moment.
    Nice! I hope your new one works well. Hopefully, you will take care of it better than your boss did.

I am not familiar with the exchange rates. Do you mean that you paid $150 USD? If you did, that's a great deal.
    03-14-10 11:37 PM
    Nice! I hope your new one works well. Hopefully, you will take care of it better than your boss did.

I am not familiar with the exchange rates. Do you mean that you paid $150 USD? If you did, that's a great deal.
    Yea $1 is equivalent to apprx 3.68AED so $150 would be around 552AED.

Over here in Dubai they had an offer at one of the providers (DU) where you get an unlocked Bold9000, a nokia dumbphone, 6months local unlimited BIS subscription, a bluetooth headset, car charger all for just under $490 and you dont require signing a 1 or 2 years contracts you just get a pay as you go sim card as an option.

And thanks It always stays safe inside the silicon case and receives the daily bath with an isoproyl alcohol and microfiber loool...
    Last edited by bushako; 03-15-10 at 04:57 AM.
    03-15-10 04:47 AM

Yea but i didn't get mine from the carrier, initially it was bought off at one of the local cellphone dealer. Its easier for carriers to hand over a replacement since you're bonded by a contract but in my case i was surprised when i got one from a local cellphone dealer.
    Last edited by bushako; 03-15-10 at 05:00 AM.
    03-15-10 04:55 AM
    Or if you get damage to the phone. The warranty is good only for defects.
    03-15-10 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD