wouldn't it be freaking awsome if RIM bought myspace....i know its a dead site, but its got a **** of an infrastructure. they could integrate it into bbm and bbm music. that **** would be great bbmspace! are you kidding me! you could bbm from a pc, you could stream music and video. you could make the most exciting instant messenger more exciting. you'd draw more people into the blackberry world....just a crazy thought, if anyone else thinks its great idea just give me a cut or hore me as a consultant RIM....
    08-28-11 02:32 AM
    i know i cant spell or punctuate or spell its late.....
    08-28-11 02:33 AM
    You'll have to send this as an e-mail to RIM or as a fax, but with the spelling corrected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 03:26 AM
    Idk. At first I was thinking no way but now I'm kind of liking the idea. It would bring bbm to that next step in its social network game.

08-28-11 10:17 AM
    At the very least it would be extra servers in case their primary BIS servers fail
    08-28-11 10:49 AM
    I corrected every one I caught
    08-28-11 10:53 AM
    That would be awesome...BBM from a pc is a great idea!
    08-28-11 10:58 AM
    Well, Apple (with Ping) and Google have tried their hands in social networking. How crass can a platform be to make something as massive as MySpace into a BlackBerry only thing? It would be massive.

08-28-11 01:29 PM
    Just thought of something. That would be more ingenious than the people who created Cupidtino, which if you don't know, is a singles site specifically for Apple people and won't even let you log in or use the site unless it detects an Apple device or computer as what you're connecting with. Ha.

08-28-11 01:34 PM
    They'd have to buy it from Specific Media and Justin Timberlake. They only bought it a couple of months ago and are working on revamping.

08-28-11 04:52 PM
    I don't think RIM would gain advantage by buying myspace

though if they created a social network around your BBM that could be great,
    basically a site that keeps your BBM status messages, allows people to comment on your status messages, allows you to snap and load pictures from your BlackBerry, and allows you to create groups and shared folders from the site for people on your list to connect to,

People can check out ones BlackBerryPersonalPage, BBPP from a computer, but to maintain it one must have a PIN associated with it, after 2 years using something like this it would be much harder to just let it vanish when changing to another platform
    08-28-11 07:09 PM
    I guess my original idea was basically thinking that myspace already has the infrastructure....I think that once they utilized or created their own platform it wouldnt be BlackBerry only, more like PC and Blackberry only from handheld.....

Wouldn't you be able to create a way to channel all media into the phones? video, music...a cloud for BB users...its like they could have all these services provide by RIM and not 3rd party developers.

Oh and I was also think Myspace because it is probably cheap.......
    08-28-11 07:29 PM
    Too much spam on myspace.
    08-28-11 11:47 PM
    I don't think RIM would gain advantage by buying myspace

though if they created a social network around your BBM that could be great,
    basically a site that keeps your BBM status messages, allows people to comment on your status messages, allows you to snap and load pictures from your BlackBerry, and allows you to create groups and shared folders from the site for people on your list to connect to,

People can check out ones BlackBerryPersonalPage, BBPP from a computer, but to maintain it one must have a PIN associated with it, after 2 years using something like this it would be much harder to just let it vanish when changing to another platform
    Hahahahaha "BBPP"..... sounds dirty!

08-29-11 12:52 AM
    Hahahahaha "BBPP"..... sounds dirty!

People would remember it then lol

As for why myspace would be a bad purchase

Full database of unused content
    Brand name with marginal value would increase cost, with no return

They have the Brand with bbm
    They need users with BlackBerry's. The percentage of BB users to Non bbusers on myspace is probably stageringly low
    You can buy the software to make a socialmedia site for a few 1000 dollars, why spend millions to then adapt it for no value.

08-29-11 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD