Its a Verizon phone and it is listed as Unlocked. Just wondering if the phone being unlocked will have any effect on it working on the Verizon network. Thanks.
    06-22-10 02:24 PM
    Also, I keep asking if the ESN is clean and they seller tells me that all I need to do is put in my sim card and it should work fine. Does this sound suspicious to anyone else?

I haven't paid for the unit yet.
    06-22-10 02:28 PM
    No it shouldn't. The unlocked portion would be the internal GSM radio

Yes it sounds odd, will he give you the ESN?
    06-22-10 02:29 PM
    I would def get the ESN from him and call Verizon yourself to make sure the device is not stolen before paying for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 02:34 PM
    If the seller is unwilling to give you the ESN for the unit you should cancel the sale
    in a blue minute. Even if he coughed up one now I would not trust it.
    06-22-10 03:01 PM
    Often a bad ESN phone World phone WILL work unlocked on the GSM side, but of course will NOT work on the original CDMA carrier. Yes you should be cautious.
    06-22-10 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies. She sent me pictures of the numbers and am currently working with Verizon and the seller to make sure everything is legit.
    06-22-10 03:05 PM
    I still would not trust it. She could conceivably have several units at her disposal
    and the picture of the ESN she is showing you may not be the ESN of the unit you
    get. Then again, I am very leery of EBay in general.
    06-22-10 03:11 PM
    I also would beware. The seller could report the phone lost or stolen after getting the money from you.
    06-22-10 03:17 PM
    I also would beware. The seller could report the phone lost or stolen after getting the money from you.
    How would that benefit the seller in anyway at all?
    06-22-10 03:40 PM
    See this link.
    06-22-10 03:50 PM
    Some people are just that low.
    06-22-10 03:52 PM
    She would receive a new unit by reporting it stolen and allready have your money. The good news is Ebay has taken measures to protect people from this sort of thing and should this happen you will/should get your money back. It just may take a while.. I got screwed here recently with Paypal and just shut the whole account down. I work to hard for my money and will do business locally that way there is less chance of becoming the "bottom boy"....

06-22-10 03:57 PM
    Interesting.. thanks for the link.
    06-22-10 03:59 PM
    For a safer way to buy a used phone, I would suggest your local Craigslist. Arrange to meet the seller at the VZW store. That way VZW will check out the phone and the seller cannot rip you off.
    06-22-10 04:01 PM
    She would receive a new unit by reporting it stolen and allready have your money. The good news is Ebay has taken measures to protect people from this sort of thing and should this happen you will/should get your money back. It just may take a while.. I got screwed here recently with Paypal and just shut the whole account down. I work to hard for my money and will do business locally that way there is less chance of becoming the "bottom boy"....

there are so many crooks out there that you really have to watch yourself. I only buy from power sellers when on ebay.

06-22-10 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD