My T-Mobile contract expired Thursday and I've been back and forth between renewing and getting the 8900 or jumping ship to AT&T and getting a Bold. Well the decision has been made. The factors? 3G, the fact I'm getting it free and the larger screen. I went with the $40.00/mo voice plan with 450 minutes and the $50.00/mo data and messaging bundle. Not too much more than my T-Mobile plan which was $75/mo with the same options. Anyways, I'm really excited, even though it will be tough to see my Curve go.

Has anyone else here decided to get in on this free Bold deal? I was wondering, if anyone here has refurbs of any BlackBerry, how was the condition of the device compared to a new unit? Was there any scratches on the screen or dents?
    04-11-09 08:04 PM
    I got in on the free Bold when they offered it a couple of weeks ago. Coming from Verizon and a 8330 I didn't know what to expect with ATT here.

When I got the Bold I was excited! I unboxed it and couldn't tell it was a refurb at all. No scratches or scuffs anywhere I could see (and I am very anal about my phones). If I didn't know I had ordered a refurb I would have thought it was a brand new one.

I turned it on and the love still continues today.....
    04-11-09 08:11 PM
    Hey steve-good luck w/ your "new" refurb! Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:45 PM
    Nothing wrong with having a 'furb, and the price is certainly right. Enjoy!

04-11-09 08:54 PM
    we get alot of refurb phones at RadioShack, and we got a refurb BOLD once or twice..i took a look at em and i really couldnt tell the difference between a refurb and the out of box. however, thats not the case for some refurb phones we get..guess people treat their BOLDS well. im jealous of you BOLD owners
    04-11-09 09:05 PM
    The reason the refurbs are indistinguishable from a new phone
    is because the entire housing and screen cover is replaced with
    a brand new one.
    04-11-09 09:08 PM
    sorry no 2 yr commitment
    04-11-09 09:21 PM
    wow thanks for all the replies! keep em comin!

04-11-09 09:22 PM
    imma see how much my friend can get a bold for since he works at att store
    04-11-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD