I've always been a huge Windows Mobile fan since you can really do anything on that platform. I've owned the T-Mobile MDA, Treo 700wx, HTC 6800 and most recently the Treo 800w. I kept moving and looking for my next phone with Windows Mobile hopping the next one would fix the bugs I've encountered. Every Windows Mobile 6/6.1 phone I've had (6800 / 800w) never had a fully working button lock; it would work but after a while it would stop and I'd have to either reset it or factory restore it to get it to work again. I also experienced quite a bit of slow down and it's a pain to use it without a stylus.

So, being extremely fed up with my Treo 800w, I decided to give BlackBerry a shot.... and holy crap. I picked up a BlackBerry Bold this weekend and I've got to say this phone is incredible! This phone is faster than any Windows Mobile phone I've ever used (including the Touch Pro; which is actually kind of sluggish from the few times I got to use one).

Overall I've got to say that, so far this is the best phone I've ever owned. Has anyone else gone from Windows Mobile to BlackBerry and had a similar or opposite experience?
    03-03-09 09:20 AM
    Never liked Windows Mobile. Blackberry all the way!
    03-03-09 09:23 AM
    Welcome to the crackberry nation!
    03-03-09 09:25 AM
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy your BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:27 AM
    back in the day i also had a tmobile mda and that thing sucked. welcome to the BB lifestyle and CB
    03-03-09 09:39 AM
    I had WinMo.... and loved it.. until I tried the blackberry!!!

Now I am hooked for life!!
    03-03-09 09:42 AM
    I had a similar situation, but that was a couple years ago. Never turned back ever since I picked up my first BlackBerry.

Hope you enjoy your new BB !
    03-03-09 09:43 AM
    I've never had a windows mobile PHONE, but I've had roughly 20 window mobile non-phone pdas. I loved them, I love the palms too, but blackberry just brings the style and the functionality that neither possess.
    03-03-09 09:53 AM
    I went from a Treo 650 to a Curve. It was a little hard on me the first couple days relearning where to find things and the Profiles thing took me a couple hours to set up a few the way I wanted. But then again, I'm not too smart so you may have an easier time with it. Now that it's been a while, I'll never go to back to a WinMo POS.

The Bold was definitely a great first choice, congrats and welcome.
    03-03-09 09:55 AM
    This is my first mobile web phone and I'm amazed. I can waste time more efficiently now at work!

03-03-09 09:58 AM
    welcome to crackberry and glad to hear you're enjoying your phone!
    03-03-09 10:19 AM
    Had Windows Mobile a while ago and hated it. To me, the BlackBerry OS is 100x better. Enjoy the new Bold it's a great phone!

03-03-09 10:26 AM
    Congrats on getting the Bold! I came to Blackberry from Windows Mobile as well, and I have not looked back since I did. Blackberries are so much better .
    03-03-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD