Ok right now my service is off, but I've been using wifi just for basic webs surfing, checking e-mail and other wifi capable stuff.

But for some reason if you look at these two screens, then I shouldn't be able to do any thing on wifi, I am correct??? My Wifi Logo isn't white but greyed out and I don't have a green check in the box, but yet I can surf the internet, but I can't use my yahoo messenger or msn, neither I can us the FB app or Twitter app? Does anyone know how to fix this?? I've tried battery pulls that didn't work, I deleted the profile and reset up my wifi, that didn't work either? Any other help?? Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    09-22-10 04:55 PM
    You're connected to the wifi, not to BIS. Red X means no wifi at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 01:45 AM
    Ok right now my service is off, but I've been using wifi just for basic webs surfing, checking e-mail and other wifi capable stuff.

But for some reason if you look at these two screens, then I shouldn't be able to do any thing on wifi, I am correct??? My Wifi Logo isn't white but greyed out and I don't have a green check in the box, but yet I can surf the internet, but I can't use my yahoo messenger or msn, neither I can us the FB app or Twitter app? Does anyone know how to fix this?? I've tried battery pulls that didn't work, I deleted the profile and reset up my wifi, that didn't work either? Any other help?? Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The Grey Wi-Fi icon means your Wi-Fi is turned on.

when the wifi profile name appears to the right of the mobile network name (above the date/time) then you know your berry is connected to your wifi connection.

The Wi-Fi icon will only go White when your blackberry has connected to BIS via your Wi-Fi connection.

Live messenger, Facebook, etc need to connect to BIS to function properly wether its via your Wi-Fi connection or mobile network connection.

If you have no mobile service at the moment then your blackberry can not connect to BIS.
    Last edited by kparton; 09-23-10 at 07:44 AM.
    09-23-10 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD