I watched the Jam session and was impressed with what I saw, some have said that BB10 does what ios and Android already do, so what, were you expecting it to cook you breakfast, the reality is this, its a better OS than what is already on RIM devices, it will take a couple of years of refinement to make it what people are expecting, I for one look at what BB has to offer, hands down better than what is out there and I have owned them all. ios is no longer evolving, they come out with small improvements once a year and they are still behind, Android is so fragmented that its not funny, so I think RIM has a legitimate shot over time to climb to the top.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-25-12 05:47 PM
    I was also impressed with what I saw today and theres more time for improvements. As for droid I saw a screen shot today which showed an antvirus app on a droid. WTF viruses on a phone? Not my BB
    09-25-12 05:54 PM
    I'm so excited. I was here for the whole 1st gen Storm thing (which was absolutely crazy for a while) and I have to say, as much as I wanted a QWERTY BB10 device, I'm fairly sure I've seen enough to, you know, make me pitch for the other team ifyaknowwhatimean. And that kinda ended my trial on a full touch phone (not like there was a lot to choose from at the time).

We have yet to see BB10 on a QWERTY device, sure, but it looks like the screen real estate is purty dam beneficial.
    09-25-12 06:00 PM
    yep I had an anti virus app on my Galaxy Nexus on mine when I had it, not because I downloaded non playstore apps, but because some of the store apps had viruses

09-25-12 06:00 PM
    yep I had an anti virus app on my Galaxy Nexus on mine when I had it, not because I downloaded non playstore apps, but because some of the store apps had viruses

I had an OG Galaxy Tab and I had one on that too. Along with a TON of apps that looked like phone-resolution garbage. hahah
    09-25-12 06:02 PM
    dont get me wrong Android is a good OS, but i look at where they started and where they are now is pretty good, if RIM can do the same thing they will be in great shape, as long as RIM does not try to put out a crap load of devices to where the OS cant keep up or few devices where the device cant keep up with the OS, somewhere in the middle would be nice

09-25-12 06:08 PM
    BB10 is starting to look pretty good and should be a great phone os.

The problem is (and I know people get tired of hearing this) not going to be the os. It could ( and may very well may be) the best os available, but if they don't have a strong and diverse ecosystem, the os won't matter.

I'm hoping that they start offering some clues as to how well their ecosystem is coming along.
    Last edited by hootyhoo; 09-25-12 at 06:28 PM.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-25-12 06:18 PM
    People that think it's just like Android or iOS just weren't paying attention. The BB10 experience looks completely different in my opinion, and does indeed offer some new and exciting features and integration that I'm anxious to make use of.

The fact that it still has the LED notification light makes me happy too, that's one thing I could never get used to being without on other platforms. I spent time with Android, iOS, and WP7 and could never really settle in comfortably.
    09-25-12 06:21 PM
    People that think it's just like Android or iOS just weren't paying attention. The BB10 experience looks completely different in my opinion, and does indeed offer some new and exciting features and integration that I'm anxious to make use of.

The fact that it still has the LED notification light makes me happy too, that's one thing I could never get used to being without on other platforms. I spent time with Android, iOS, and WP7 and could never really settle in comfortably.
    Just to note, there a quite a few Androids with a notification led.
    09-25-12 06:30 PM

True I had one on my droid razr. Yet for some reason I never paid that much attention to it. It just seems implemented better on blackberrys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 06:56 PM
    Not on AT&T...
    09-25-12 11:24 PM
    BB10 is starting to look pretty good and should be a great phone os.

The problem is (and I know people get tired of hearing this) not going to be the os. It could ( and may very well may be) the best os available, but if they don't have a strong and diverse ecosystem, the os won't matter.

I'm hoping that they start offering some clues as to how well their ecosystem is coming along.
    The "unified" App World shown today looks very promising. It also looks somewhat better than iTunes on the iPhone.
    09-25-12 11:32 PM
    I've liked everything they've shown so far. The Peek thing has really made me realize all the extra steps I take to get from one app to another, to read a message. I've had the PlayBook for a while, so on my 9900 and 9810 and on my iPod touch running iOS6, multitasking just doesn't compare.

RIM really just needs Instagram, a lot of the big news outlets' apps (CNN, Fox News, etc.), Pandora, and some of those picture apps that let you put multiple pictures in one frame. I guess Skype and Netflix too, since they seem to be what most people complain about BlackBerrys not having.
    09-26-12 01:06 AM
    The "unified" App World shown today looks very promising. It also looks somewhat better than iTunes on the iPhone.
    I do hope they get it right.

I know that CB members focus on the os, because we're weird like that, but most of Rim's potential customers want the AppWorld, iTunes, or Google Play and they want the phone to be solid and easy to use.

In my normal day outside of CB, I hang out with normal people (no offence fellow members ), and they really don't care what the kernal is or what the os is called. In fact, most of them don't know WHAT a kernal is. If Rim wants to sell a boatload of phones, they have to market to regular people too.
    09-26-12 01:30 AM
    I do hope they get it right.

I know that CB members focus on the os, because we're weird like that, but most of Rim's potential customers want the AppWorld, iTunes, or Google Play and they want the phone to be solid and easy to use.

In my normal day outside of CB, I hang out with normal people (no offence fellow members ), and they really don't care what the kernal is or what the os is called. In fact, most of them don't know WHAT a kernal is. If Rim wants to sell a boatload of phones, they have to market to regular people too.
    I also hang out with the so called "normal" people. And while they don't care about what kernel it has and what speed the processor is running at, they do know a new and easier way when they see it. Most of these "normal" people have started asking me about when the BB10 is going to drop. I took the liberty of linking some of Kevin's video on my facebook page. The normal people were interested.
    BB10 looks slick, seems nicely implemented, has the key elements of what a BB should be as regards integration of messaging, social etc.However, it remains to be seen how the OS performs in the wild. Demoing it one thing, real world performance would only be known once its on sale. And if it hangs, freezes etc then RIM has a problem on its hand.
    09-26-12 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD