Just installed the dd-wrt v24 firmware on my WRT54G v3.1 today. I made some recommended adjustments for devices with UMA. I'll keep an eye on things and post back in a couple days with an update of how well everything is working.
    -Matt
    09-22-08 10:27 PM
    I think I have v22 still. never had a need to update. please update us on how v24 works out. BTW did you install v24 or v24 sp1?
    09-23-08 12:55 PM
    I bought a WRT54L recently from Newegg and I need to install DD-WRT on it - was the process painless? I've read the basic tutorials and it seems easy enough but whenever I do firmware upgrades I get nervous that I'll screw it up & brick the router.
    09-24-08 12:55 PM
    I was nervous to about bricking it. Just follow the instructions exactly. You have to do a "Hard Reset" first and then download the "mini" version of your firmware and then you may download the "std" version of your firmware to your router. It has to be done in those steps. I like the firmware a lot though. And........IT'S FREE!
    09-25-08 09:33 AM
    ive been using DD-WRT for awhile now and recently bricked my linksys - dont worry, mine was completely hooped and thanks to the DD-WRT wikis I was able to revive it!
    10-06-08 02:48 PM
    I've got HyperWRT Thibor on my GL. Been using it for over a year with no issues.
    10-06-08 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD