I'm a pretty active technology enthusiast, and crackberry addict.

What I notice is that, while I still send e-mails on the go, I also use it to e-mail while at my desk. This got me thinking about how I could increase productivity in a new way.

I want to Mod a Mini Keyboard with a Bluetooth transmitter so that I would be able to send large e-mails / text much easier than when I just use thumbs.

This is the board that I would use. The technology is there. But I want to know if this is a good alternative to using a bulky keyboard.
    02-26-09 12:28 AM
    There is already a bluetooth keyboard available to do this with. It is available in the Crackberry Store, Best Buy, and a couple other places I've seen.

Yes, a larger keyboard is very desirable to some. That form looks like it would be nice. The backlighting is sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:34 AM
    Well, you have the Freedom Slim and Freedom Bluetooth here in the CB Store.
    I actually like this one by Logitech. Originally I was getting this one for my PS3, but if it works for the phone I'll use it there too. diNovo Mini
    02-26-09 02:52 AM
    I bought a dinovo mini to work with by 8350i and the phone recognizes it and even connects to it, but it does not work (ie can't enter text, numbers, or use the mouse function). Any ideas on how to get this to work?
    03-05-09 09:33 AM
    Im really feeling that logitech keyboard, def thinking about picking that up. Thanx for posting that Scandalex.
    03-05-09 09:34 AM
    I'm a pretty active technology enthusiast, and crackberry addict.

What I notice is that, while I still send e-mails on the go, I also use it to e-mail while at my desk. This got me thinking about how I could increase productivity in a new way.

I want to Mod a Mini Keyboard with a Bluetooth transmitter so that I would be able to send large e-mails / text much easier than when I just use thumbs.

This is the board that I would use. The technology is there. But I want to know if this is a good alternative to using a bulky keyboard.

Haven't seen that one before - think you would need to ensure that you had both Bluetooth profiles (HID/SPP?) as HID keyboards don't seem to work with the Storm.
    Could you make it work through the Micro USB port? Could make a good tabletop combo with the OEM dock. Have a Nokia N95 and Nokia Wireless Keyboard - that and QuickOffice + email made that a thing of beauty - thankfully the Storm impresses enough without the bluetooth keyboard working.

Would like to see something like this on the market for the Storm - Palm's aborted Foleo was a good idea, bar the fact the OS was so old. And the Celio RedFly is just too expensive.
    Last edited by derekflint; 03-05-09 at 09:54 AM. Reason: can't **** spell
    03-05-09 09:50 AM
    Beautiful looking keyboard, let us know if you can get it to work. I might want to get one also.
    03-05-09 10:05 AM
    i like the idea because you wouldnt have to use your thumbs plus the led is hot! i would def go for something like that for work if it had a stand or cradle it came with. i know there are those otu there but they are always so ugly this one actually looks nice! what is that keyboard brand?

has anyone ever plugged in a mini usb hub to their phone while ina cradle or something and used a keboard and mouse on it? this would be intresting i would tryt it just for fun hahah
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 03-05-09 at 10:17 AM.
    03-05-09 10:15 AM
    I posted this earlier today but after searching I cannot find any useful solutions. My earlier question was:

I bought a dinovo mini to work with by 8350i and the phone recognizes it and even connects to it, but it does not work (ie can't enter text, numbers, or use the mouse function). Any ideas on how to get this to work?
    03-05-09 11:32 AM
    A Small Keyboard for Your Mobile Phone, from I-O Data : Akihabara News .com

Looks nice, probably wouldn't work anyway.

As for the DiNovo - it appears to have been built for PC and PS3 only according to the Logitech site - have you tried both platform settings (the switch for PC or PS3)?
    Last edited by derekflint; 03-05-09 at 11:54 AM.
    03-05-09 11:46 AM
    I really like the idea. Probably to much $ than I could spend though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD