A reporter from Bloomberg News contacted me because I'm an "admitted Crackberry addict" and interviewed me for a story she is doing on RIM. She asked me my thoughts on why I've stuck with Blackberry, how I use it in my daily life and what my thoughts on the future of the company were. I told her I was sticking with them and that I really believe in the new CEO Thorsten and that RIM was going to turn this around with BB10. I told her that anyone who follows RIM closely expected this year to be rough but we are excited about the future of QNX and the BB10 platform and its capabilities.

Stay positive everyone! The RIMpire Strikes Back!!!!
    03-30-12 11:31 AM
    Good comments! I hope they do a positive article and not somehow throw a negative spin on it!

I believe in RIM!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-30-12 11:35 AM

Thanks, I really needed to hear that right now. Having some frustration over
    Thorstens miscommunication re the consumer market.
    03-30-12 11:41 AM
    should have told her you were going to bail but once you were able to get Angry Birds you decided to stick it out a bit longer.

Seriously though, good job
    03-30-12 11:46 AM
    Great job & thanks for posting, Have the said when this will be aired or posted?
    03-30-12 12:24 PM
    you really need to read the release a great deal more closely.. what is important is the things that were not said and not excluded..

Thanks, I really needed to hear that right now. Having some frustration over
    Thorstens miscommunication re the consumer market.
    03-30-12 12:31 PM
    When will the article come out? Would love to read it, really hope they keep it positive
    03-31-12 10:38 AM
    A reporter from Bloomberg News contacted me because I'm an "admitted Crackberry addict" and interviewed me for a story she is doing on RIM. She asked me my thoughts on why I've stuck with Blackberry, how I use it in my daily life and what my thoughts on the future of the company were. I told her I was sticking with them and that I really believe in the new CEO Thorsten and that RIM was going to turn this around with BB10. I told her that anyone who follows RIM closely expected this year to be rough but we are excited about the future of QNX and the BB10 platform and its capabilities.

If they turn the article around the awesome comments I will literally kill the reporter or writer in cold blood.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    03-31-12 10:58 AM
    Doubt it. Bloomberg's just going to turn your words into another "RIM is dead" article, unfortunately.
    03-31-12 05:13 PM
    This should be a really good article
    can't wait
    03-31-12 05:29 PM
    IChat, its probably not a good idea to say you'll kill a reporter in a public forum if they write a story in a certain way! Just sayin...
    03-31-12 06:13 PM
  12. T
    I'm glad you got this opportunity to speak out for BlackBerry. I hope, in addition to telling her hopeful, speculative thoughts about the company's future, you also talked about BlackBerry smartphone pluses and features. For example, BlackBerry smartphones are best for security, keyboard, BIS, BBM, one-handed operation, call quality, and all the other good points discussed here every day. I personally wouldn't trust any other platform. And trust is a big issue with me, even if the general, stupid, app-consuming, game-playing public couldn't care less about security and trust.
    03-31-12 06:34 PM
    And trust is a big issue with me, even if the general, stupid, app-consuming, game-playing public couldn't care less about security and trust.
    One word can ruin an entire quote. You might consider better self-control; you'll be a better ambassador for RIM to others if you don't offend them in your advocacy.
    03-31-12 06:48 PM
  14. T
    One word can ruin an entire quote. You might consider better self-control; you'll be a better ambassador for RIM to others if you don't offend them in your advocacy.
    I hear you, but I'm not pulling any punches. I simply don't care if idiots are offended; by the time idiots catch on, it's usually too late anyway.
    03-31-12 06:53 PM
    Not capable.
    03-31-12 07:55 PM
  16. T
    Not capable.
    Put you on ignore? Nah. How else would I know what anti-BlackBerry rubbish you post.
    03-31-12 08:32 PM
    04-02-12 09:04 AM
    Good artical, usual garbage comments followed on behind.
    04-02-12 09:23 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Good artical, usual garbage comments followed on behind.
    +1000 .. yeah .. great article .. comments as usual ....
    04-02-12 09:46 AM
    Where are you guys seeing comments for the article?

LOL @ Tonis. That's exactly the kind of tripe we've come to expect from a blind RIM loyalist who's largely ignorant of what a true smartphone is capable of because he's rocking Doc2Go and BBM on last year's curve, while Thorsten quietly seeks an actual player in the market to rescue his once relevant company.
    04-04-12 10:36 AM
  21. T
    Angry Birds, oh that's so fun! A-doi.
    04-04-12 11:21 AM
    Do they have Angry Birds on BB phones yet?
    04-05-12 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD