I have a Bold 2 9700, Had it for 11 months and out of nowhere Bell mobility offers me a full upgrade credit! So now I'm unsure if I should go for it and get a new phone? Or wait... (Any better ones coming out soon?)

If I do upgrade it will be the Torch or the new Bold...Any suggestions??
    12-16-10 09:48 AM
    Anybody know WHY they gave an upgrade so soon???
    12-16-10 09:59 AM
    That's sweet!

Whether u go for the torch or the bold depends almost entirely on whether you like touch screens or not. Even though there is the full keyboard on the torch as well, its a waste if u don't like touchscreens. Both the bold 9780 and the torch run os6 and both are very similar spec-wise.

I say go in the store and get a feel on which one you like better, that should help you make your decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 10:14 AM
    I'd wait till the summer, the 9700 isn't outdated to bad yet.
    We are hoping to see what will come with the way of QNX and dual core processors.

If you can't hold tight follow what imppy has said.

12-16-10 10:51 AM
    I have a Bold 2 9700, Had it for 11 months and out of nowhere Bell mobility offers me a full upgrade credit! So now I'm unsure if I should go for it and get a new phone? Or wait... (Any better ones coming out soon?)

If I do upgrade it will be the Torch or the new Bold...Any suggestions??
    If your current device is meeting your needs, I don't see much reason to switch now. Nothing out there is that much better than what you've got now.
    12-16-10 12:08 PM
    If I get a new Blackberry can I switch back and forth by switching out my SIM?
    12-16-10 12:15 PM
    You could always use the upgrade and sell the new phone.
    12-16-10 01:43 PM
    If I get a new Blackberry can I switch back and forth by switching out my SIM?
    I don't see why you can't provided its from the same carrier..

12-16-10 04:11 PM
    Anybody know WHY they gave an upgrade so soon???
    Bell seems to issue credits based on the amount of your monthly bill...I am guessing you pay between 60-80 a month. That is what I pay and I get the same offers..
    12-16-10 05:07 PM
    If i had the opportunity, i wouldn't lock into any longer contracts with Bell and Rogers with so many competitors offering better deals out there (wind, mobilicity)
    12-16-10 06:40 PM
    Bell seems to issue credits based on the amount of your monthly bill...I am guessing you pay between 60-80 a month. That is what I pay and I get the same offers..
    I wish that were the case. They wanted full price for a Torch, if I didn't lock in, and I paid $85/mo plus all taxes.

Needless to say, after 10+ years with Bell, I'm no longer with them.
    12-16-10 10:57 PM
    If i had the opportunity, i wouldn't lock into any longer contracts with Bell and Rogers with so many competitors offering better deals out there (wind, mobilicity)
    +1 Abso-frickin-lutely.
    12-16-10 10:58 PM
    Why are cell prices so high up there?

12-17-10 12:12 AM
    I'd jump ship for a year, try the competition and let RIM play catchup.
    12-17-10 08:05 AM
    Why are cell prices so high up there?

In many places the carriers don't subsidize the price of the phone. This means while the initial purchase of the phone is higher, the monthly premiums (should be) a fair bit lower.

In the US, the carriers subsidize the cost of the phone and then charge enough for service that they make their money back off of you...
    12-17-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD