Hey,

I just got my Curve today after a long internal debate...I wanted to wait for the Bold or Thunder but...I couldn't wait anymore...the appeals of instant email updates,outlook sync, and an amazing QWERTY keyboard were too much.

I'm wondering what are some necessary accessories for my new phone. Should I get a clear plastic covering? A full case? Which cases are generally the best?

Oh yeah, and another question...whenever I hit "Browser" I'm brought to an email config. screen and not the internet. How can I browse the internet?

BTW I'm using the Curve through Verizon

Thanks!!!
    08-07-08 08:04 PM
    08-07-08 08:05 PM
    Congrats on the new curve.

I have an OEM holster that I clip on to my belt. That is the only protection that I have and my Curve still looks brand new. It's always in the holster unless I'm using it. If your one that carries it in your hand all the time, you may want to purchase a "Best Skin Ever" (BSE) or Invisible Shield. There are many posts on here about it. I just don't need one and prefer my Curve bare. LOL

To browse the internet if you hit the Option button (the one with the BB logo) you should get a menu with the option to "Go To..." and then you can type in the URL that you want to go to...

Good luck, have fun and welcome to the CB family!
    08-07-08 08:09 PM
    I belive you have to set up your blacberry email account through verizon first, or try the menu->go to option. Either way, congrats on the bb, and welcome to cb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 08:17 PM
    Ok i got the browser working.

Is there any "this is the best case ever" case for the blackberry? I don't really want to use a holster
    08-07-08 08:21 PM
    It really depends on what you like: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=VRsOzqrK

I personally like my pocket.
    08-07-08 08:23 PM
    Welcome...I got my first bb (also a Curve) this week...oh what fun.
    08-07-08 08:33 PM
    Welcome...I got my first bb (also a Curve) this week...oh what fun.
    COOL....looks like you got the awesome Sunset color.....I love that color! Congrats!
    08-07-08 08:38 PM
    Congrats on your new toy and welcome to crackberry.com
    08-07-08 08:42 PM
    @ natselection, congrats on getting your curve!

I'll be getting my new curve tomorrow and the first thing I did (earlier this week) was order the BSE skin and it should be here first of part of next week.
    08-07-08 08:50 PM
    Hey,

I just got my Curve today after a long internal debate...I wanted to wait for the Bold or Thunder but...I couldn't wait anymore...the appeals of instant email updates,outlook sync, and an amazing QWERTY keyboard were too much.

I'm wondering what are some necessary accessories for my new phone. Should I get a clear plastic covering? A full case? Which cases are generally the best?

Oh yeah, and another question...whenever I hit "Browser" I'm brought to an email config. screen and not the internet. How can I browse the internet?

BTW I'm using the Curve through Verizon

Thanks!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS! i'm sure you're glad that you didn't wait longer for the bold, i don't know when it'll come out, but by reading the board, it's not going to be until later. however, they are just rumors. anyways, i suggest you purchase a shield protector. you can choose between the full body protector o just the screen, your choice. the most popular places are either ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield or Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page - you can choose which one you want. although invisible shield is more expensive, it has a lifetime warranty, so if for any reason you have problems with your protector, they'll send you replacements for just the shipping price. best skins ever is a cheaper route, but i hear it's made of the same material. they're both cut differently, but they should both fit your curve.

i also suggest you pickup a case if you want. now that's something that's going to take thinking if you're real picky like me! currently blackberry doesn't make silicone cases for the 8330, but i hear that you can pick some up at the att store or tmobile, but the cut is a bit different. if you have a tendency to drop the phone a lot, i've heard great things about otterbox. do a search for that and you'll find reviews and pics.

oh- you definitely need a mini SD card for your pictures, music, movies, videos, etc. i think the 8330 can handle an 8GB, but not sure.

good luck with things and i'm sure you'll love your blackberry as a lot of people love theirs. this is such a great site, i learn something new everyday and find great tips and information here. just do a search before you post things as about 90% of the questions you want to ask have already been discussed. good luck and welcome!
    08-08-08 12:23 AM
    Feels weird reading this, hahahaha
    05-08-13 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD