i'll probably just smash it with a sledgehammer or maybe put it in a blender like the guy on youtube and see what happens.
    Please video tape and post.
    03-19-09 09:22 AM
    I really hope you manage to bring your Berry back to life. That is a tragic way to die .
    03-19-09 09:54 AM
    You're in the perfect place to test it, being in Florida and all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah... I am lucky the darn water detector sticker doesn't turn due to the humidity!!! LOL
    03-19-09 10:04 AM
    Track pants + expensive electronics = costly replacement expenditures
    03-19-09 01:51 PM
    to abd you turned it on... but rice works great.
    03-19-09 02:13 PM
    Track pants + expensive electronics = costly replacement expenditures
    VERY true!!
    03-19-09 10:38 PM
    Tell the insurance company you lost it, replace it for the cheap co pay
    03-20-09 12:46 AM
    wow. that really does stink....i hope the rice trick works for you also! cb'ers that have had this prob swear by it. good luck and hope it works out.
    03-20-09 08:55 AM
    I dropped my envy in a puddle once and i did the rice trick for 2 days and it worked, had it for 3 months after that and there were no problems with sound quailty or screen clarity. I hope it work for you!
    03-20-09 08:59 AM
    the wife dropped her moto in a puddle two days after she got it. Dried it out with a hair dryer, and it work great until the new every 2 was up.
    03-20-09 09:59 AM
    Ya the worst thing you can do after getting the phone wet is subjecting it to heat no matter how low the setting. There's a certain coating they put on the board (I can't rmbr exact what its called) but its there to protect it. Heating it up could possibly cause it to run. Also doing that will damage capacitors and if they are electrolytic they could also burst. This goes along with resistors also. Just because it feel in water does not mean its damaged. With any luck as soon as the phone touched the water it affected the connections to the battery and now it simply won't turn on bc its wet and its bridging connections.

I had an xbox that I moded a long time ago and always kept the top off. I had a skylight that had a leak and I was far enough away where I couldn't see it drip (cathedral ceilings). It dripped right into it while playing it. When the screen froze I got up, saw what happened and immediately unplugged it. I took it apart, dried it and tried using it right after, no luck. I gave it a week and it worked but had glitches. I got pissed and put it away for 3 months. Turned it on and it worked like a charm. Like I said, it doesn't necessarily damage the phone but can bridge connections which will short it out. Give it some time, if your lucky it didn't blow up any resistors or capacitors :x

03-20-09 10:25 AM
    Tell the insurance company you lost it, replace it for the cheap co pay
    Great Idea, I agree!!!! Its the best way to get the phone replaced without breaking the bank!!!

Your phone will work once it has dried but it will eventually die or different problems may arise in result of the water damage.

Good Luck!!!!
    03-20-09 11:08 AM
    hate to admit had that happen once...Hopefully that will be the only time...
    03-20-09 12:51 PM
    Here is what was recommended by a small electronics major friend suggested to me, and it worked. DO NOT TURN IT ON!!!!!! Place the BB on a towel, set a blow dryer on low about a foot away. The battery and memory card should be out of the phone and set beside it. Aim the air flow to the back of the phone with is slightly propped up. Every hr go to the BB and slightly shake it, this will dislodge any drops. Leave it until you are absolutely sure it is 100% dried out. Mine took about 18 hrs. Mine is working perfectly.
    03-20-09 04:29 PM
    I never thought that a Berry would actually FLOAT! I guess I just assumed it would sink to the bottom.
    my thoughts exactly
    03-20-09 04:38 PM
    my thoughts exactly
    Your Blackberry also serves as a flotation device for the unlikely event of a water landing or an unexpected immersion in a puddle.
    03-20-09 04:43 PM
    Best bet is if you got insurance is claim it was lost/stolen. They won't cover water damage, which is bull****.

03-20-09 04:48 PM
    I dropped my curve in a 5 ft deep pool let it dry out for 2 days. the first day the sound was kinda muffled but after that it was fine never had any problems.
    03-20-09 05:38 PM
    Best bet is if you got insurance is claim it was lost/stolen. They won't cover water damage, which is bull****.

don't tell them it was stolen. they might ask for a police report. they don't question lost claims.

A friend that works for t-mobile told me " no matter what happens to your phone or bb, you lost it."

Kinda like the old days of no body, no crime.
    03-20-09 10:54 PM
    Run it over and put in s claim.

03-20-09 11:26 PM
    my boyfriend had the curve but then switched to the blackjack but has the same problem he has lost his phone like 5 times in the bottom of the couch or the floor, those track pants aren't good
    03-20-09 11:26 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD