Went to Wendy's to grab some food and it was pouring on the way back. Pulled into my driveway and stuck my Curve in my pocket (was wearing track pants with loose pockets) and stepped out of my truck into a huge puddle. I started highstepping it into the house. Sat down to watch Lost and went to text someone and couldn't find my phone. Then it hit me...oh sh*t it probably fell out of my pants. Went outside and for some reason the LCD screen was lit up and it was sitting in a huge puddle of water right next to my car. I brought it in, hit the back button and it worked and then was completly unresponsive. I pulled the battery and now the battery, cover, and phone are drying out. I hope to God it works tomorrow..I'm stuck using an LG flip right now and already having withdrawals symptons. Anyone else have experience with soaked Curves coming back to life?
    03-18-09 09:15 PM
    ooouuuccchhh man. Never gotten a curve soaked, but good luck.
    03-18-09 09:16 PM
    You could try the rice trick. A lot of CB members swear by it. Good luck indeed.
    03-18-09 09:17 PM
    Gonna search the rice trick right now. Hopefully it will work tomorrow though..the Curve is a tough phone. Maybe this will be my excuse to switch to Verizon and get the Storm.
    03-18-09 09:20 PM
    wow that sucks.... every phone that I have ever seen get soaked....usually they can get them back up and running but at some point it will fail. the damage water does really sucks!!
    03-18-09 09:23 PM
    This thread will tell ya all you need to know..... Best of luck, let us know how it turns out after a few days in rice..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/oh-n...-water-185630/

I dont see a positive outcome for this one but it wont hurt to try...
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-18-09 at 09:41 PM.
    03-18-09 09:25 PM
    Man that sucks. Second time I seen a post like this today. The rice trick seems to work tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:25 PM
    Seeing as how your warranty is void anyways.... what you can try....after you try the rice thing...

Get a can of iso proponal alcohol (pretty sure i spelt it wrong) electronic cleaning spray ( you can get it at radio shack) , and a toothbrush.

Open the phone, look at the circuit board, you'll probably see a a bunch of cloudy white spots. Thats what happens when water dries on the circuit board.

Take the spray, spray it on and lightly brush it with the toothbrush. Take a cloth and dry it off, and let it sit.

After about 10 minutes, but it all back together and see if she starts up.

Ive done this with phones in the past. No guarentee it will work, and if it does no guarentee how long it will work for...but at least you can try.

hope this helps
    03-18-09 09:32 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals. I don't have any rice in my house...just Ready Rice (the stuff that microwaves in 90 secs). What can i say I'm a 32 yr old bachelor lol. I'm gunna buy some rice first thing in the morning and try it out..hopefully it won't be too late but I don't have high hopes. IF that doesn't work I'll try the other suggestions posted in this thread and if that doens't work then i'll probably just smash it with a sledgehammer or maybe put it in a blender like the guy on youtube and see what happens.
    03-18-09 09:41 PM
    You could try the rice trick. A lot of CB members swear by it. Good luck indeed.
    It really does work if you can get the phone in a bowl of rice as soon as possible. I did that with one of my phones I used to have.
    03-18-09 10:37 PM
    I swear on the rice trick too! But usually, the rice gets pretty upset with me for using such vulgar language towards it!

03-18-09 10:42 PM
    It's deja vu all over again!
    03-18-09 10:44 PM
    Hair dryer low heat. If you live in the north put the phone over a heating vent. OR if you happen to live in a city called "big rats" outside in the sun tomorrow!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-18-09 at 10:47 PM.
    03-18-09 10:44 PM
    Hair dryer low heat. If you live in the north put the phone over a heating vent. OR if you happen to live in a city called "big rats" outside in the sun tomorrow!
    Worst thing to use is a hair dryer on any setting! It can damage a vital part on the motherboard without you knowing about it.

03-18-09 10:49 PM
    I never thought that a Berry would actually FLOAT! I guess I just assumed it would sink to the bottom.
    03-18-09 11:15 PM
    Worst thing to use is a hair dryer on any setting! It can damage a vital part on the motherboard without you knowing about it.

Well so could the water for that matter. The hair dryer wont hurt an already damaged phone. IMO
    03-18-09 11:19 PM
    that sucks big time first time hearing it floating tho
    03-18-09 11:20 PM
    Well so could the water for that matter. The hair dryer wont hurt an already damaged phone. IMO
    That's really only possible if the phone is being used with water inside it. Then it would case a short circuit.

03-18-09 11:26 PM
    I never thought that a Berry would actually FLOAT! I guess I just assumed it would sink to the bottom.
    Haha. When everyone was looking at the big picture u asked the right question!
    I doubt anyone would want to test the floating theory though

03-19-09 07:55 AM
    I am not testing it
    03-19-09 08:00 AM
    lots of people like to just throw their bbs in a puddle around here huh?

bag of rice!!!!

good luck.
    03-19-09 08:03 AM
    I am not testing it
    I'll test yours for you if you're too scared Cilantro!

03-19-09 08:17 AM
    Worst case scenario if it no longer works let me know and we can hold a Viking Funeral for it!
    03-19-09 08:22 AM
    I'll test yours for you if you're too scared Cilantro!

OK...let's get right on that!!!!
    03-19-09 09:20 AM
    You're in the perfect place to test it, being in Florida and all!

03-19-09 09:22 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD