After about a year of using my Blackberry Bold 9000....

Not only the web browsing is a total joke as of now (sept, 2010) which is a total shame for such an "advanced?" hand held device, but also within a year i have seen absolutely NO improvements, NO evolution and just NOTHING new from RIM to make me want keep using the Blackberry, neither i will be looking forward for "new products", because for me, if RIM continues just like that, they will just DIE SOON.. seriously, so far they didn't even manage to provide something EQUAL to what is available on iphone and android, its a shame!

except the BBM, there is absolutely nothing else that can tie me up to the BB, and all my other BBM friends are thinking seriously switching to other phones...

i have successfully switched to Android (Samsung Galaxy S) ,

GOODBYE RIM!
    09-24-10 05:40 PM
    Lol...you sound like your jumping off a bridge.

I'm sure somewhere in the world Jim is shedding a lone tear just for you.

/wave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 05:45 PM
    Lol...you sound like your jumping off a bridge.

I'm sure somewhere in the world Jim is shedding a lone tear just for you.

/wave

LMAO

why do you think so? what makes you still tied to blackberry?
    09-24-10 05:48 PM
    Adios amigo!

One less person hogging up RIM servers, yayyy!
    09-24-10 05:53 PM
    After about a year of using my Blackberry Bold 9000....

Not only the web browsing is a total joke as of now (sept, 2010) which is a total shame for such an "advanced?" hand held device, but also within a year i have seen absolutely NO improvements, NO evolution and just NOTHING new from RIM to make me want keep using the Blackberry, neither i will be looking forward for "new products", because for me, if RIM continues just like that, they will just DIE SOON.. seriously, so far they didn't even manage to provide something EQUAL to what is available on iphone and android, its a shame!

except the BBM, there is absolutely nothing else that can tie me up to the BB, and all my other BBM friends are thinking seriously switching to other phones...

i have successfully switched to Android (Samsung Galaxy S) ,

GOODBYE RIM!
    From someone else who has also ventured away from RIM, as a personal device, that was totally uncalled called for, and for lack of better terms. U N S P O R T S M A N L I K E C O N D U C T ....... Grow up
    09-24-10 05:57 PM
    Why am I still tied to BB? For personal reasons. I love the customization, messaging, familiarity of the OS. Don't get me wrong..I'm not slagging Android cuz I've contemplated them myself..and still may get one someday.

You make it sound as tho RIM has been out of the game for a lifetime, but its really only been in the last year (moreso 6 months even) that everyone has seemingly become obsessed with specs. Most people don't even know what sized processors are in their phone, but thanks to Android marketing..you hear people who don't know jack about phones talking about 1Ghz "Snapdragons" and stuff..like specs are the be all and end all.

RIM will be around for awhile yet because people love there phones..even if they're not the superbeasts of the hardware world.

Seriously tho..enjoy your phone. The Galaxy S is a beauty and Swype seems pretty cool. Hopefully Whatsapp comes to the Android platform soon (its still in beta last I heard)..cuz then you can still chat BBM-like with your Blackberry friends.

09-24-10 06:02 PM
    Why am I still tied to BB? For personal reasons. I love the customization, messaging, familiarity of the OS. Don't get me wrong..I'm not slagging Android cuz I've contemplated them myself..and still may one get one someday.

You make it sound as tho RIM has been out of the game for a lifetime, but its really only been in the last year (moreso 6 months even) that everyone has seemingly become obsessed with specs. Most people don't even know what sized processors are in their phone, but thanks to Android marketing..you hear people who don't know jack about phones talking about 1Ghz "Snapdragons" and stuff..like specs are the be all and end all.

RIM will be around for awhile yet because people love there phones..even if they're not the superbeasts of the hardware world.

Seriously tho..enjoy your phone. The Galaxy S is a beauty and Swype seems pretty cool. Hopefully Whatsapp comes to the Android platform soon (its still in beta last I heard)..cuz then you can still chat BBM-like with your Blackberry friends.

:facepalm:

I dont think he asked that question
    09-24-10 06:03 PM

LMAO

why do you think so? what makes you still tied to blackberry?
    Didn't he?
    09-24-10 06:07 PM

Lol..that was exactly what he asked me.

/Fail

09-24-10 06:10 PM
    didn't he?
    09-24-10 06:11 PM
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    09-24-10 06:31 PM
    OMG! Goodbye Cruel World. Why would you think anyone here gives a rats a*s*s. Chances are if you couldn't handle a bb you won't be able to make anything else work for you either. Get a rotary phone and a really long extension cord and call it a day. Trust me, you will not be missed. Pitiful victim of the evil RIM corp. :'(

09-24-10 07:16 PM
    yet another exit thread...
    09-24-10 07:22 PM
    Idk.. thought I never sway from BB but I'm considering the Nokia N8 for some reason.. I like it

And not because I sick of my phone.. but you talking to a techno geek who plays with things lol
    09-24-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD