I used to have a signature on my other phone when I was texting...I know I can add a signature on my BB and I've tried to figure it out...but I must be stupid. I get to where it says email settings and general options etc...but nowhere in there do I see where I add my signature. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a bunch...I have the BB Tour...1 week old if this helps...thru verizon and email thru yahoo. Thanks again
    10-11-09 12:53 PM
    If you log into your BIS, you can ad a signature to each email address but for SMS, I'm not sure.
    10-11-09 12:58 PM
    You can't add a signature to SMS/MMS unless you use the auto-text feature. Check out this thread that shows how to do it. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...utotext-38096/
    10-11-09 12:58 PM
    There are also 3rd party apps that will allow you to add a signature to SMS
    10-11-09 01:03 PM
    I'm reading the link you added...this is gonna sound dumb...whats my homescreen?
    10-11-09 01:28 PM
    LoL...found it...dumb dumb...but what if I want this to be added to all without me having to do it...like it'll always be there...know what I mean?
    10-11-09 01:31 PM
    Ok...I must be really stupid...I read the whole link...followed the directions and can't figure out where to get my signature from...help
    10-11-09 01:47 PM
    I used to have a signature on my other phone when I was texting...I know I can add a signature on my BB and I've tried to figure it out...but I must be stupid. I get to where it says email settings and general options etc...but nowhere in there do I see where I add my signature. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a bunch...I have the BB Tour...1 week old if this helps...thru verizon and email thru yahoo. Thanks again
    Shawnh1977 posted a solution that worked for me. It was download Opera from operamini.com. Open opera and then log into verizon through opera. Log into your email. You'll see the pencil icon. Click on that and edit your signature there. One suggestion, make the title of your post your question. You'll get an answer faster. Good Luck from one newbie to another.
    10-11-09 02:05 PM
    what exactly is this opera and do I want to keep it? Sorry so new and so many questions...
    10-11-09 02:13 PM
    You should have an icon called "E-mail Settings" on your BB.

If you haven't created an email account, you can do so there. Otherwise, login and the screen gives you an option to edit your email account. In that screen, scroll down to "Signature" and make it what you want.

I hope I understood your question.

Good luck!

Edit: Never mind I missed you were looking for SMS.
    10-11-09 02:13 PM
    I have my email account already set up...where do I find this email account icon?
    10-11-09 02:18 PM
    Login to Verizon's BIS: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

From there, you can set up your e-mail accounts, including setting up a signature. Any e-mail that you send out through BIS will have that signature attached.

If you want to add a signature to a text message, you'll have to use AutoText. Set up a keyword such as "sig", and whenever you end a text message, just type sig (space key) and it'll be automatically replaced.
    10-11-09 02:34 PM
    Thank you so much...I did set up my signature thru that auto text...see it there...but I did not know how to use it...now i got it after you told me the space part after...tytytytyty

So can you explain the other thing verizon's BIS? My email is set up with my yahoo account...I'm so sorry for being a PAI but this is so new to me and I'm so confused...I appreciate all the help...
    10-11-09 02:42 PM
    yahoo email goes from yahoo to BIS(Blackberry Internet Service) to your phone.
    Just log into BlackBerry Internet Service, you'll see what it's all about.
    This is a great site to know about when you own a BB, in my opinion.
    10-11-09 02:59 PM
    I'm trying to sign into it...am I using my yahoo id and all...cuz if I am its not allowing me...do I have to create an account? I thought I had one already....I receive my emails thru my BB now...that was all set up at the store...
    10-11-09 03:04 PM
    Ok...I'm so lost here. I couldn't sign on the this BIS via my PC but was able to activate thru my BB...now I'm lost cuz I have no idea where it is or what I'm looking for. Does everyone have this much trouble when their new? LoL
    10-11-09 03:45 PM
    Thank you for all the help...I finally got it...geesh...it only took the entire day for this one thing...hope the rest goes faster...lmao..I'll age again b4 anything...Thanks again
    10-11-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD