I have a 8900 with both blackberry navigator and google maps installed. Ive started going jogging on a regular basis, and was wondering if there was a way to get either of the map apps to record the route I jog and the distance I run from start to end points, for reference??

Or is there an app that can do this??
    07-13-09 01:52 PM
    Either GPSLogger or EveryTrail. They are both very good products and both are free. A simple search would have told you the same answer.
    07-13-09 10:20 PM
    Also check sportypal.com , works fine for me, it record your jog, it plots on google maps and shows the distance, speed ...
    And you can share your log after that with everyone.
    07-29-09 05:48 AM
    Also check sportypal.com , works fine for me, it record your jog, it plots on google maps and shows the distance, speed ...
    And you can share your log after that with everyone.
    Cheers, Looks really good,will give that a shot as well!
    07-29-09 06:21 AM
    I was wondering with GPSLogger if there was a way to keep it running when my phone locks. It seems when I turn it on and put it back in the holster while I bike that it turns off as soon as the phone locks. Any way around this?
    07-29-09 12:47 PM
    Another free one is: GPSed
    07-30-09 02:58 PM
    Could someone tell me how to install SportyPal? Their website offers a .COD file download. How do i install that onto the Blackberry?
    Thanks
    08-04-09 02:06 PM
    I downloaded it from my BB and it went straight onto it.

What a great app by the way, it's really going to get used a lot just means i now need an armband for the BB.
    08-13-09 03:00 PM
    I know I am late to the party on this one, but have to put in a plug for AllSportGPS (no affiliation, just happy subscriber). It has a clear, attractive UI, and uploads your runs (or hikes or bike rides or walks) to the website.

For running, I like it better than the free programs because it gives my speed in minutes per mile, rather than miles per hour. It also show the elevation profile of the route, which I do not find on free programs. It is a subscription program ($5.99 per month or $39.99 per year). I figure it saves me the cost of a Garmin watch. And I only have to carry one device to have GPS, MP3s, and a emergency phone.
    08-22-09 10:13 AM
    ...It also show the elevation profile of the route, which I do not find on free programs.
    with all respect, then you might should visit the doctor... in any case when you are an happy subscriber then there is nothing that could be added - except that with the release of GPSiesConnect you have a perfect pair for all kind of outdoor activities - all for free...
    08-22-09 01:25 PM
    can i get sportypal on my 8130?
    08-26-09 09:18 AM
    with all respect, then you might should visit the doctor...
    No need to visit the doctor. With all respect, I am sure your program is a good and useful one, but it does not do what I need a GPS program to do with my running and cycling. Three things off the top of my head - when I stop, AllSportGPS calcuates stopped time as "rest" and does not include it in the running or cycling time or speed averages; AllSportGPS provides my speed as minute-per-mile when it is in running mode; also, my routes are uploaded to the AllSport website complete with map, elevation and speed profiles.

Chances are, your program is a fine one for lots of people. For me, because of the features I require, the choice was between AllSport and a stand-alone Garmin watch. AllSport provides the same functionality and lets me carry only one device.
    08-31-09 12:39 PM
    By minute-per-mile I suppose you mean the pace.
    If it's so, in sportypal you can see the pace, but only after uploading the file, so that's a small difference, but also has the "rest time", "best time(the best part from the run)". After the upload there are some other useful tools, the one that got into my sight was the one for comparing the tracks.
    09-02-09 04:01 AM
    Yes, pace, in minute per mile or km, as opposed to miles/kms per hour. With AllSportGPS, I can see my current pace as I run. For me, that is a big difference, as it is one of the main reasons I wanted GPS (as I said, my other option is a Garmin wrist device).

This is of course completely subjective, but I need/want a program to do what specific running/cycling GPS devices do, and AllSportGPS is the only program I found that does that. But not everyone needs what I need, and emacf1 seems to be an incredibly responsive developer with lots of people enjoying his work. It, and sportypal, just are not for me because of my requirements.
    09-03-09 09:58 PM
    I know I am late to the party on this one, but have to put in a plug for AllSportGPS (no affiliation, just happy subscriber). It has a clear, attractive UI, and uploads your runs (or hikes or bike rides or walks) to the website.

For running, I like it better than the free programs because it gives my speed in minutes per mile, rather than miles per hour. It also show the elevation profile of the route, which I do not find on free programs. It is a subscription program ($5.99 per month or $39.99 per year). I figure it saves me the cost of a Garmin watch. And I only have to carry one device to have GPS, MP3s, and a emergency phone.
    I have used the trial version of this and it looks very good. wife has been wanting a garmin watch and thought this would work for me. only thing i am not sure about is that through the blackberry app world it shows it as a $19.95 to purchase. so is this subscription based or flat fee?
    09-06-09 12:11 AM
    I have used the trial version of this and it looks very good. wife has been wanting a garmin watch and thought this would work for me. only thing i am not sure about is that through the blackberry app world it shows it as a $19.95 to purchase. so is this subscription based or flat fee?
    It is a subscription - I think $5 per month or $50 per year (check Handango)? I figure I get 4 or or 5 years for the price of a Garmin watch, which would be seriously out of date by then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD