View Poll Results: Joseph's PodTrapper Infomercial was...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • awesome, I want more like it

0 0%
  • funny, I might like another

2 66.67%
  • meh, I like my reviews more professional

1 33.33%
  • terrible, CrackBerry reviews should always be professional

0 0%
  • Other (reply in comments)

0 0%
    In her comment on my CB Idol review, LOZ Girl said she'd "have rather had just your hands showing how the app worked with your voice rather then the cheesy intro. ... Do any of us really want to see this kind of thing on CB or would we rather just get the facts...?" She makes a good point.

Obviously, I was trying to show my creative side and introduce PodTrapper in an amusing way. One of the challenges of CrackBerry Idol is to both write (and shoot) an informative review while at the same time finding a way to stand out in the crowd. The way I did this was to parody every infomercial ever and hopefully get a cheap laugh.

Granted, it's not the normal way to do things at CrackBerry; but this is CrackBerry Idol! What do you think CrackBerry nation? Was the infomercial intro to the PodTrapper video review funny or stupid? Sound off in the comments; I'll be following them!

Thanks for the help!
    07-01-10 11:21 PM
    It's one of those things that draws you in to a review, NOT something I would do on a regular basis, BUT used sparingly, could be a good tool. Perhaps OTHER funny type openings for other reviews, NOT always the same. Unless you are going for the Simpsons couch gag type vibe, BUT the couch gag lasts a couple seconds.
    07-02-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD