Good design solves common problems in simple and brilliant ways.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what problem iOS 7 is trying to solve (other than the problem that the competition couldn't sell as many devices as Apple).
    06-18-13 08:05 AM
    LOL the Mona Lisa made me lose it

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    06-18-13 08:36 AM
    I was discussing the iOS7 redesign with some of my friends (many of which are Apple fans), and no one likes the icons. Many are relying on the fact that this is beta, and that it'll be refined at release (which will probably be the case). The problem is the inconsistency, the overly vibrant colors and the bad use of gradients. I like gradients (use them in my CSS themes), but it needs to be more subtle and using compatible colors and be applied consistently.

I will say that I like the animations, gestures, and functional improvements in iOS7 (from what I've seen). So I'm glad Apple is making the change (and really validating its competitors). I think they were mixing some design concepts though in a rush to change and it has failed them. They have several months to fix things.

The mock images though are hilarious.
    00stryder and abass like this.
    06-18-13 11:44 AM
    Lmao the thread was supposed to be for fun.. 90% of you got it, relaxed a bit, and had fun with it. I'm sorry the others feel the need to read so much into everything. Either way, I got a good laugh out of the pictures, and at the end of the day, that's all that counts!

I was discussing the iOS7 redesign with some of my friends (many of which are Apple fans), and no one likes the icons. Many are relying on the fact that this is beta, and that it'll be refined at release (which will probably be the case). The problem is the inconsistency, the overly vibrant colors and the bad use of gradients. I like gradients (use them in my CSS themes), but it needs to be more subtle and using compatible colors and be applied consistently.

I will say that I like the animations, gestures, and functional improvements in iOS7 (from what I've seen). So I'm glad Apple is making the change (and really validating its competitors). I think they were mixing some design concepts though in a rush to change and it has failed them. They have several months to fix things.

The mock images though are hilarious.
    Absolutely hit the nail on the head, just worded it much better than me. I agree 100% with everything you said, nice input (:
    06-19-13 03:21 AM
    Hi guys. I too believe that BB10 is superior to ios 6 which Is why i've come across from iPhone 5.

But ios is a highly successful os and ecosystem. And that's no accident.

BlackBerry needs to focus on building on the great foundation of os10 and the ecosystem. Trying to put down ios and apple is not going to bring one single customer across. Its a waste of time and energy.

Spending an article talking down apple just makes it seem like apple envy.

It still has a long way to go before it is in the same league when it comes to ecosystem. Let's not kid ourselves.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 03:34 AM
    I showed this link to some friends of mine, who use the iPhone since its first iteration and they had a very good laugh at it.

Some people here take that tumblr page far too serious...

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    06-19-13 03:47 AM
    Read a few websites that talk about icon design theory and than you will definitely feel differently about the new iOS icons...

Its like they took step one and two, and than stopped (pattern and shape recognition, as well as gradient use)

They did put some thought into color choices;
    Blue = Help
    Green = Good
    Red = Bad

But why is the music icon red? Strange decision there...

Most modern icon design is not that minimalistic for a reason, because pixel counts have gone up for screens. A full beautifully rendered 3D picture of something representing the action of the icon is the modern way of designing icons, the way they have done it you could say is retro in all aspects.

Compare the weather, camera, music, settings and map app icon between ios and BB10 and you will see what im on about

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 05:02 AM
    I totally disagree with the design, i own apple devices, and this UI design takes away where apple was the best at, minimalistic, simple, modern and beautiful designs, now it just looks girlie, and not even teenager girly, 9 year old lol, i mean, come on man !
    06-19-13 05:31 AM
    All I can say is you and all those who mock it must really feel threatened by IOS. Same way I feel about those who mocked BlackBerry10. Anyhow.. we're all allowed to have opinions so rock on.

Big Brother is on CH5 (uk) and as much as I could care less.. watching the drama beats this boring let's all bash IOS7 thread.. peace out.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is the most ultimate insult you can give someone - saying you prefer to watch Big Brother than read their posts. Funny..

Side note: I don't see what all the fuss is about with iOS7. It looks different. Definitely more modern. If I could live with an iPhone, I could get into that design... It's not that bad...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 05:53 AM
    Hi guys. I too believe that BB10 is superior to ios 6 which Is why i've come across from iPhone 5.

But ios is a highly successful os and ecosystem. And that's no accident.

BlackBerry needs to focus on building on the great foundation of os10 and the ecosystem. Trying to put down ios and apple is not going to bring one single customer across. Its a waste of time and energy.

Spending an article talking down apple just makes it seem like apple envy.

It still has a long way to go before it is in the same league when it comes to ecosystem. Let's not kid ourselves.

Posted via CB10
    This +10000000. Although I took this thread as a humourous one, not a "omgz apple suxxxx" one. I think people need to chill a bit.
    06-19-13 10:48 AM
    All in good fun - thanks OP for the laugh! ;-)

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    06-19-13 04:39 PM
    All you folks with the "all those who mock it must really feel threatened by IOS" and throw around the "fanboy" name calling need to turn that mirror on yourself. It's just a damn joke no matter which company it is. Can't laugh at iOS because it's a Blackberry fan site?

Most people that laugh at that have Apple products. They make more than just mobile phones ya know? I do and I still find it funny as hell.
    06-19-13 11:38 PM
37 12