If anyone would like to join a bunch of developers on the BB10 IRC chatroom here is how:

Use your browser if you don't have a IRC client, go here freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) and channel #BlackBerryDev

Let me know if you have any issues. Hope to see you there.

Freeze Out.
    01-29-13 12:57 PM
    What IRC client do the devs use on the BlackBerry Q10?

I've found Blackice but would like to know if the are any alternatives that work with the Q10 that may be better.

If not I'm thinking a XMPP to IRC gateway might be a better answer, but I can't find a single XMPP client (except IM+, which is a no-changes android "port" and reviews say is horrible) that works with the Q10 :-(
    06-24-13 05:36 PM
    I think there are only two main ones in the BlackBerry World right now: BlackIce and YAAIC
    10-22-13 12:05 PM
    06-02-14 11:19 AM
    Not native, but Weechat for Android is *really* sweet and seems to run perfectly.

Note that it isn't for the feint of heart; it isn't a stand-alone client, there is a server component that requires moderate sysadmin skills to set up. You also need a machine with a static or at least seldom-changing IP address on which you can run a server (you can run the server as a user; there just can't be a firewall.)

It's open source and on github, so it's possible to submit patches to make it more BlackBerry friendly; I'm planning on submitting a patch to add an option to put a "/" virtual key to the left of the bottom text entry line, which will make things nicer on the Passport.

Actually there's no reason I can think of someone couldn't just package it up for BlackBerry World.

Oh and I have some info about my config up here.
    12-29-14 03:11 PM
    If you're not interested in developer-talk, we also have the ##blackberry channel for normal user chat.
    12-29-14 08:52 PM