This is so not ****ing fair! I have an att 8310 curve and after i install it, yes i did do the gsm at&t and I also downloaded the first option, the research in motion folder shows a folder called blackberry and then it does not show ANY vendor.xml ****ing file. I am so pissed off right now that I want to smash my computer! Can someone please help solve this problem?! Also, i decided to go to the documentation folder (inside the blackberry folder) and delete that .xml file but it did not have the word vendor in any part of it. Still I continued on until I read about the shared folder part and how if I have to reinstall my dang OS again. Please help me set this up and also my memory status keeps changing even though I did not add/delete any apps (went from about 10 mbs to 0.4 mbs! and then went to 2 mbs to 4 mbs to 8 mbs) and there is a game called UNO freefall (the trial version that I downloaded from crackberry games) that exists in my phone but I cannot see/delete it on my phone's application list or on the application loader on the computer and I want to delet this game so bad! Please help everybody and mind my words but they are from my tears of anger.
    04-15-08 09:42 PM
    I'm not sure if I can help you with the whole vendor.xml file stuff.. but as for your memory changing - that's normal. Certain apps, texts, emails, etc. is constantly making the memory in our BB fluctuate.

Have you tried doing a battery pull? Pull the battery out for at least 20 seconds while the phone is still on & then put it back in. After that, try to see if your game is in the applications list.
    04-15-08 10:06 PM
    did you download desktop software or phone operating system, it seems to me you downloaded just the desktop software, you need to download os also.

also the rim folder will not have a blackberry directory.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader should have the vendor.xlm file you dont need to delete this file if you downloaded your carriers os.
    04-15-08 10:09 PM
    Please calm down. You'll get more help with less rant.

It sounds like you may have downloaded your BB OS to your pc, but NOT installed it. That's what the comment about the shared folder refers to. Find the zip file you downloaded and run it. That will install the BB OS on your pc. That will fix the Shared Folder problem.

Many people have made this mistake. You're not the first, nor the last. The procedure does work.
    04-15-08 10:12 PM
    well i am talkin about step 2 here and it says os setup so i am pretty sure about downloading the os.
    04-15-08 10:12 PM
    huh, no blackberry folder. Can u list me da steps instead of funny face making blackberry dude John Clark cause he is messin me up somehow.
    04-15-08 10:13 PM
    n jeff, how do i install it? the folders inside blackberry r Action Engine and such. Dere r also a lot of files that I do not have any clue about what they r.
    04-15-08 10:15 PM
    well i am talkin about step 2 here and it says os setup so i am pretty sure about downloading the os.
    I don't doubt you downloaded it. Now you have to install it. Run the downloaded file.

It's not an appropriate use of anybody's time to retype John's procedure. Ignore his avatar. The procedure works fine. Or print the procedure. Then you won't have avatars, and you can check off each step as you do it.
    04-15-08 10:17 PM
    n jeff, how do i install it? the folders inside blackberry r Action Engine and such. Dere r also a lot of files that I do not have any clue about what they r.
    Sorry, our posts crossed. The OS file will be whereever you saved it to. Maybe your desktop? It won't be in the RIM folders unless you saved it there. Download it again and save it to your desktop. Then double-click it to run it.
    04-15-08 10:19 PM
    so does that mean that I already installed it? After I did anyways, I went to the program files/Research in Motion/blackberry and this is where I am now.
    04-15-08 10:20 PM
    You're missing the part where you go to the "common" folder and RIM. I believe the folder your refering to in your OP is actually where dm is on your pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 10:22 PM
    may a thousand gold coins flood ur house jeff. U r a LIFESAVA!!! I am now enlightened by ur astoundin knowledge. Thank u man, thank u. But if I run into any more trouble could u help me out? Also even though the other 8310 user answered this, I need some clarification. Y is my blackberry jumping from 10 mb to 0.4 to 2 to 4 to 8 and now to 9 every 30 mins or less even though I am not using m blackberry at all? Moreover, I also need help deleting this UNO freefall game. I already deleted it from like a week ago but i restarted it up and it's still there. Every time. Yes, I did perform da elite battery pull solution.
    04-15-08 10:29 PM
    wiat neva mind, I see now dat it is the guy wit da funky name dat I don't know how to pronounce but anyways THANKS MAN, U DA REAL LIFESAVER!!! And all da otha stuff dat I said to Jeff but Jeff u helped a lot 2 man, I appreciate it thanks!
    04-15-08 10:34 PM
    cause it is too long n most of it is language junk
    04-15-08 10:41 PM
    Use the find command in your text editor. Once you find the first one, they'll all be in the same area.
    04-15-08 10:46 PM
    Most likely you're not closing out whatever you're running when you're done with it. Ya hafta hit the BB button and select close or it will run in the background, either that or you're doing the change app instead of closing and opening new.
    Make sure you read the jc thread and understand what you're doing before you start, it's very easy to make a big problem.
    Can I get one of Jeff's gold coins?

04-15-08 10:46 PM
    where is find command in miscrosoft word?
    04-15-08 10:48 PM
    DON'T USE WORD. It's too easy to create a doc file and you'll never recover. Use NOTEPAD or some other text editor.
    04-15-08 10:49 PM
    yeah I'd say 2000 coins for jeff and 8000 fo u. Keep in mind that der only valid at chucky cheese until May 2008 and only available for use if u buy 2 large pizzas n 8 large cups.
    04-15-08 10:50 PM
    Well, I'm glad you've gotten your sense of humor back! Good night and good luck.
    04-15-08 10:56 PM
    but now Jeff is leading with 6000 n u only with 4000! I guess Jeff has a betta chance of appearing on America's Biggest Loser now den u!
    04-15-08 11:02 PM
    your name in real life doesn't happen to be Dean, does it?
    04-16-08 12:16 AM
    Wow... just wow.
    04-16-08 12:51 AM
    wiat neva mind, I see now dat it is the guy wit da funky name dat I don't know how to pronounce but anyways THANKS MAN, U DA REAL LIFESAVER!!! And all da otha stuff dat I said to Jeff but Jeff u helped a lot 2 man, I appreciate it thanks!

I are is a h@rdcor G mo fo know what Iz say'n boyeeeeeeeeee?
    04-16-08 01:31 AM
    L no it aint dean! Deans aren't gangstas n they don't get banged by hot chicks man! Me a James yo!

04-16-08 10:24 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD