Not sure if this is the right place (my apologies), but just found this article whilst browsing through Phone Arena. Nice to hear for BlackBerry fans! BlackBerry's John Chen is runner-up to Apple's Tim Cook for CNN's CEO of the Year

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    12-23-14 07:14 PM
    Tim was given the position with not many change needed. Can't see how he's number 1.

John however was given a sinking ship. If he's not #1, he should be at least top 3 in all of the top ceo list.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:32 PM
    Damn

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rohetaku; 12-20-16 at 02:06 PM.
    12-23-14 07:34 PM
    Not to mention the iCloud fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    SpartanSK117 and riazpanj like this.
    12-23-14 07:36 PM
    Chen sweat way more than Cook this year.....

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:37 PM
    Damn wish Chen would have also came out maybe that would have helped him nudge cook out from first place!

Posted via CB10
    Classy.
    12-23-14 08:03 PM
    Considering how badly Tim Cook has mismanaged Apple following Jobs' death that just really puts the whole selection process in question.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:05 PM
    Doesn't make any sense at all. Tim is more focused on his personal endeavors.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:08 PM
    Considering how badly Tim Cook has mismanaged Apple following Jobs' death that just really puts the whole selection process in question.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure Apple investors feel the same way. Up 40% for 2014 which is crazy for a company that is 660B market cap. If IBM went up 40% their CEO would be in Tim's place. Chen is a better comeback story tho.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-23-14 08:20 PM
    Not sure Apple investors feel the same way. Up 40% for 2014 which is crazy for a company that is 660B market cap.
    my beef with this is that any other capable tech CEO could have kept the Apple run going, I don't see anything "special" in Tim.....

Put Cook in Chen's position when he took over BB, then we will see what he would have been made of....
    12-23-14 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-23-14 09:01 PM
    my beef with this is that any other capable tech CEO could have kept the Apple run going, I don't see anything "special" in Tim.....

Put Cook in Chen's position when he took over BB, then we will see what he would have been made of....
    Now you're in the realm of 'ifs and buts' but Tim is there and sometimes executing a plan well is as good as having a 'vision' for a company. There were plenty of doom articles about the post-Jobs era which many Crackberrians agreed with which haven't come to fruition.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-23-14 09:12 PM
    Even as a runner up its pretty amazing considering how hated BlackBerry as a company has to.

Posted via CB10
    SpartanSK117 and bungaboy like this.
    12-23-14 09:16 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I will be more than pleased when CEO Chen wins it NEXT year!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    12-23-14 09:16 PM
    Tim is a total H4CK, also due to the recent IOS hack... what or who made him Number 1 CEO?

should of give it John straight up.
    12-23-14 09:30 PM
    Typical cnn. Putting the best and hardest working CEO in 2nd.

I don't race for second place.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:32 PM
    Damn wish Chen would have also came out maybe that would have helped him nudge cook out from first place!

Posted via CB10
    Comments like this and people like you are why it was sadly such a big deal that Tim Cook came out.
    ponpiri, Couver81, MikeX74 and 3 others like this.
    12-23-14 09:52 PM
    To accomplish what Chen has really is quite the accomplishment and much greater from a pure business perspective.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:43 PM
    There is a rather unfortunate inferiority complex going around CrackBerry these days. It's kind of lame.

Awesome for Chen to take the number 2 spot. If you really can't understand why Cook would be named CEO of the year, then you either haven't been paying attention to business news or you are way too biased against Apple.
    12-23-14 10:51 PM
    This isn't an apple vs blackberry view point, as despite my general distaste for Apple I would be saying the opposite if Steve Jobs was still at the helm, he didn't get that company where it is by accident. But where Tim Cook is concerned I just don't see it... in fact Chen aside I could suggest any number of CEO's more deserving of the title.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri and bungaboy like this.
    12-23-14 11:02 PM
    Most impressive CEO?

Ignore your device love predispositions for a few seconds, and look at it from a shareholder's point of view.
    12-23-14 11:28 PM
    From a shareholders position this could make some sense but from the rest of the folks who don't really have anything to lose or gain from Cooks success it's pretty safe to say almost any CEO could have accomplished the same or even more. If someone else was in the position, released the bigger phone, added more options in the OS and an SD card, they could have possibly gained much more market share. I guess money is all anyone really cares about these days though.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:53 PM
    Classy.
    Maybe so, but there is some kind of substance to his statement you quoted that you have to agree.
    Coming out, along with hiring a female executive in the hotest time when more clamour about sexual inequalities in the work place - specifically amongst executives, got much more attention when Cook came-out to highlight another side of that coin; not quite the same coin but nonetheless a focus.

At the End of the day, Cook had
    The best team to forward the company,
    the best engineers and cost controls to spend the least amount of dollars for design and materials used (dispite weakness in rigidity)
    the best results for computers (higher marketshare uptick and most in all of apples history),
    etc etc.
    12-23-14 11:54 PM
    Good for Chen! I don't mean to brag about my portfolio guys but I'm sitting on literally hundreds of shares of Blockbuster and RadioShack!

Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    gebco and bungaboy like this.
    12-24-14 12:09 AM
    From a shareholders position this could make some sense but from the rest of the folks who don't really have anything to lose or gain from Cooks success it's pretty safe to say almost any CEO could have accomplished the same or even more. If someone else was in the position, released the bigger phone, added more options in the OS and an SD card, they could have possibly gained much more market share. I guess money is all anyone really cares about these days though.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Your last statement nailed it. That's what a CEO is ultimately graded upon.

And don't underestimate the unfortunate ability of executives to destroy great things. Long term BBRY users know that feeling. Keeping a billion dollar ship steaming ahead is just as admirable.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    12-24-14 01:11 AM
92 123 ...