I stumbled onto this via Twitter trends this morning. Anyone heard of this phone?

It looks very very familiar!!!

https://indianexpress.com/article/te...-sale-5246686/

JioPhone 2 - Indian BlackBerry-alike!-reliance-jiophone-2-main.jpg
    07-05-18 05:27 AM
    Running KaiOS I believe. TCL could make a Palm version and save licensing royalties to BB.
    07-05-18 05:48 AM
    Proable will sell very well.... for those that need a basic communications device, but little above a basic dumb phone.
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-05-18 07:25 AM
    Proable will sell very well.... for those that need a basic communications device, but little above a basic dumb phone.
    Yes you are right .
    07-05-18 07:28 AM
    That looks like a poor man's Curve 8300... well at least it'll have better battery life on the built-in WhatsApp than a Classic with apk
    dan99x99 likes this.
    07-06-18 03:22 AM
    Running KaiOS I believe. TCL could make a Palm version and save licensing royalties to BB.
    TCL is one of the companies using KaiOS on one of their budget phones.... but they aren't considered one of their partners.

It funny the life on some Mobile OS just won't end. This a Linux based OS, that was the Firefox OS which was discontinued by Mozilla in 20016... they released it to the "community" which developed it to Boot to Gecko from which the Closed Sourced forked version was made, and became KaiOS.

Google just invested quite a bit ($22 Million) into this OS.... will be working on integrating Google services like search, maps, YouTube and its voice assistant into more KaiOS devices. In other words making sure those 40 Million KaiOS users eyeballs are looking at Google Ads.

But that's the key to KaiOS success... they quickly grew in two years to having 40 Million devices sold. Which is why Facebook, Twitter, Google, WhatsApp and others have partnered with them... that's too many eyeballs to ignore.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-06-18 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spell
    07-06-18 08:12 AM
    TCL is one of the companies using KaiOS on one of their budget phones.... but they aren't considered one of their partners.

It funny the life on some Mobile OS just won't end. This a Linux based OS, that was the Firefox OS which was discontinued by Mozilla in 20016... they released it to the "community" which developed it to Boot to Gecko from which the Closed Sourced forked version was made, and became KaiOS.

Google just invested quite a bit ($22 Million) into this OS.... will be working on integrating Google services like search, maps, YouTube and its voice assistant into more KaiOS devices. In other words making sure those 40 Million KaiOS users eyeballs are looking at Google Ads.

But that's the key to KaiOS success... they quickly grew in two years to having 40 Million devices sold. Which is why Facebook, Twitter, Google, WhatsApp and others have partnered with them... that's too many eyeballs to ignore.
    Agreed. I just set up first mobile device for Mom. You guessed it... Flip phone..

To be fair, she’s 81.
    07-06-18 08:28 AM
    Can it act as a hot spot? Didnt catch that option yet.

Just got the K1. This thing however appears to have more of a size that I prefer.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-18 01:06 PM
    Can it act as a hot spot? Didnt catch that option yet.

Just got the K1. This thing however appears to have more of a size that I prefer.

Posted via CB10
    At $50 I'm guessing it won't... and it is just a Indian Carrier phone.
    07-06-18 01:17 PM
    It actually looks almost identical to the Centro.
    07-06-18 01:41 PM
    It should save the questions of "will it work on Jio", though.
    07-06-18 01:43 PM
    It actually looks almost identical to the Centro.
    Yes it does... even the part about the numbers being some of the keys on the left. To scared to copy BlackBerry, copy an old Palm design.
    07-06-18 02:39 PM
    Yes it does... even the part about the numbers being some of the keys on the left. To scared to copy BlackBerry, copy an old Palm design.
    I thought exact same thing..
    07-07-18 07:16 AM
    Then TCL can go after them! They own Palm, technically...
    07-07-18 09:32 AM
    Hey guys..!! Does anyone know if there will be a rush to purchase Jio Phone 2 in flash sale like other mobiles such as Redmi, OnePlus? Its flash sale is on 16th Aug 2018.
    I came across with one Auto Buy Extension which will help to buy Jio Phone 2 or any other mobiles in Flash Sales. I thought it might help you also to purchase Jio Phone 2 so, I am sharing its link here.
    https://autobuyapp.com/jio-phone-2-flash-sale/
    Thanks..
    08-14-18 12:46 PM
    I bought this through flash sale.. Though it was built using plastic, outside appearance is good. Keys are surprisingly clickable and you enjoy typing over the time.. Browser is simply superb and fast..

All jio apps including jiotv works instantly and flawlessly.. Getting instant Facebook notifications for both facebook and messenger..

This is the mobile which must be tried by those who liked bbos and q10 mobiles..

Im really enjoying as the time passed..
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-23-18 10:50 AM
    And are you missing scrolling down the web page by pressing space, this is back with jiophone 2..
    08-23-18 10:56 AM
    How about Whatsapp and using it as a hotspot?
    08-24-18 05:15 PM
    whatsapp will definitely come but not available right now. Jio cant provide hotspot support as they are providing unlimited data and calls for 100 rupees per month
    How about Whatsapp and using it as a hotspot?
    08-26-18 03:58 AM
    whatsapp will definitely come but not available right now. Jio cant provide hotspot support as they are providing unlimited data and calls for 100 rupees per month
    Thanks.

Hotspot missing is a pity. always use the phone to connect the laptop to 3g and 4g when out of office.
    08-27-18 03:17 PM
    It's not a BlackBerry... but anything that makes a PKB relevant today, helps the prospects of any PKB phone....
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-27-18 03:46 PM
    It's not a BlackBerry... but anything that makes a PKB relevant today, helps the prospects of any PKB phone....
    You took the words right out of my mouth and I was thinking the same thing.
    08-27-18 04:02 PM
    I want that!!! As long as it has maps, and a text editor of some kind it would be perfect! Will it be available in the US anytime?
    nansse likes this.
    08-27-18 04:31 PM
    Hoping the next "Jio" phone is a bit less ugly... but hey, if it has a PKB, then it has my interest
    08-28-18 04:35 AM
    Hoping the next "Jio" phone is a bit less ugly... but hey, if it has a PKB, then it has my interest
    what do you mean by less ugly?
    09-01-18 03:11 AM
39 12