Hey all...

Just wanted to share...

watch the beginning of the music video
    09-21-11 03:06 AM
    That's cool... all those MTV chicks loving the BlackBerry..
    09-21-11 03:40 AM
    I once heard this song on the radio, liked it, but had no clue what it was (and since I was at the gym, I didn't have my bb 2 use Shazam). So thanks for that!
    09-21-11 08:52 AM
    Great song and great use of a bb in a video. lol!
    09-21-11 10:03 AM
    09-21-11 12:17 PM
    Why would she use anything else??

Viewing anything on an android or iphone would have drained he battery. Plus, I don't think the video would have been as good if jlo was limited to walking around a plug sockect and her charger.

A funnier version would have been. "Look at my pictures on my andorid/iphone...oh wait, its froze, oh wait the battery is dead, is there a plug socket near?- or a computer, I have a usb"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 12:25 PM

Viewing anything on an android or iphone would have drained he battery. Plus, I don't think the video would have been as good if jlo was limited to walking around a plug sockect and her charger.

A funnier version would have been. "Look at my pictures on my andorid/iphone...oh wait, its froze, oh wait the battery is dead, is there a plug socket near?- or a computer, I have a usb"

Want to spread more misinformation, or is this good enough for you?
    09-21-11 01:51 PM
    Miss-information?

If by having owned many androids and 2 iphones you think I'm just making it up, then yes, yes I will miss inform. I will miss inform some more.

I love some poor battery life miss information relating to rubbish apps, low in call volume, slow and laggy goodness.

malcolm35 likes this.
    09-21-11 02:58 PM

Yea because this blackberry has such great battery life lol don't fool yourself

09-21-11 03:19 PM
    Miss-information?

If by having owned many androids and 2 iphones you think I'm just making it up, then yes, yes I will miss inform. I will miss inform some more.

I love some poor battery life miss information relating to rubbish apps, low in call volume, slow and laggy goodness.

Whooo boy ... I'm surely not gonna argue with ya, but better start donning that flame suit ...

09-21-11 03:22 PM
    Miss-information?

Sorry for your ****ty experiences, but for the masses it is not the same. Overall, most Android devices do have pretty bad battery life, but not all of them. There are tons that can last through an entire day for people. The iPhone 4 has comparable battery life to the 9700, although my iPhone lasts me an entire day and my 9700 wouldn't last more than 8 hours.

Blame the apps on the developers, not an Android problem. There are also ways to maximize battery life (without rooting) using certain apps. I went from getting 12+ hours on my Droid to getting 16+ hours. I went from getting 15+ hours on my Droid X to getting 20+ hours.

Slow and laggy? You must be talking about a certain Android device, because iOS runs smoother than BB OS.

Like I said I do agree that most Android device have poor battery life, but what you said is ridiculous. You had a ****ty experience, that doesn't mean everyone will like you made it out to be in your first post within this thread.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-21-11 at 03:29 PM.
    malcolm35 likes this.
    09-21-11 03:26 PM
    I'll accept that.

09-21-11 04:00 PM
    The beauty of blackberry is that it runs great out the box without needing extra apps. And without tweaking things to conserve other things.

09-21-11 04:01 PM
    The beauty of blackberry is that it runs great out the box without needing extra apps. And without tweaking things to conserve other things.

Yes that is a great thing about BBs. Although, non of my BBs ever ran beautifully out of the box (software). I needed apps for certain things. I needed an app to reset my device every night while I was asleep so I can wake up and have enough memory to last me the day. I was always downloading new leaks/other carriers official OSs that would fix one thing but would break another.

Aso, a lot of the power saving that is associated with BBs is due to RIMs NOC. This helps save a lot of battery. Use data that doesn't run through the NOC (like stream media), and your device will die just as fast if not faster than others. I use to stream Pandora for about 6+ hours a day. On my 9700 my battery would be dead after 8 hours because of it, on my iPhone, I'm still over 50%.

I need apps on every platform (BB, WP7, Android, iOS, WebOS). Stock devices are not good enough for what I need my device for.

No device is perfect. Maybe that day will eventually come where one is.
    09-21-11 04:16 PM

You need to head over to the 9900/9930 forums and see whats being tweaked. never mind I'll do it for you...not many tweaks there......:roll eyes:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-tips-644519/
    09-21-11 04:23 PM
    I agree that an Android needs a good app store to make it your own and get to where you are getting details Eng battery life and what not and most BB'S run right out of the box.

Thing is I had plently of memory problems with all my Bob's, would lock up and have to pull the battery, theneait for what seemed forever for it to reboot. My Android takes like 60 seconds to load back up.

You can talk all the hate you want, but just because you had a bad experience don't mean we all will. So do need to lay off the misinformation.

Also I had that spinning clock a lot of the times. My mytouch4G has yet to lag and i have a ton of apps on here. I am even getting decent battery life since going to Gingerbread.

Haters are gonna hate I suppose. This coming from someone who truely loves BB by the way. I still have a few bb's collecting dust in case of an emergency and even have my 9700 still activated.

09-21-11 05:28 PM
    As you can tell I do miss my bb's physical KB, lol!

09-21-11 05:30 PM

Based on one's needs, that could be said of every device on every platform.
    09-21-11 05:31 PM
    Interesting to see how fast a thread can go completely off topic lol
    09-21-11 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD