I have a question for all jawbone users, When you are on a call using you jawbone and you go to hangup and you hit the side button your jawbone to disconnect, after the call has been disconnected does hit go into Voice Dial????
    I only press the button one time to end the call, then within 5 seconds after the call has ended Boom it wants me to do a voice dial. Any one else with this issue or had this issue and fixed it???

Click
    01-07-08 11:05 AM
    I have a question for all jawbone users, When you are on a call using you jawbone and you go to hangup and you hit the side button your jawbone to disconnect, after the call has been disconnected does hit go into Voice Dial????
    I only press the button one time to end the call, then within 5 seconds after the call has ended Boom it wants me to do a voice dial. Any one else with this issue or had this issue and fixed it???

Click
    Yes, it happens a lot. The reason is if the person you're talking too hangs up real fast, then the Jawbone reads that as a disconnect and goes in its "standby" mode. Then when you push the button to "hang up" the call it thinks you want to dial a new call. I do one of two things to prevent this:
    1) I push the button real fast BEFORE the other person has a chance to hang up OR
    2) I don't even bother pushing my button and within seconds I hear the disconnect and there is no need to push the Jawbone button.
    01-07-08 11:13 AM
    AHHH, OK! Smart little cookie isn't it? I had been letting people just hang up on me, or I was hanging up on my BB. I guess when I'm done talking instead of saying goodbye I'll just hang up! lol NO, thats rude! lol

Click
    Last edited by ClickLeach; 01-07-08 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling issues again......Sigh
    01-07-08 11:17 AM
    Buy these:

Jabra MiniGels

TRUST me.
    RRREBO...Help, please! I just got my mini-gels today...how do you "attach" them to the Jawbone? It has that "turn and lock" system with the hard insert. These gels do not not, so how did you attach them to the ear piece? If I try and slip it over the JB, it seems to want to pop off...and I can't get the mini-gel over one of the JB's hard pieces? Thanks!
    01-10-08 08:15 AM
    They will fit Cory..., I wondered at first also. Just press them on, sightly twisting them on at the same time. They will slip very snugly over the Jawbone earpiece.

I am using the MiniGels, I am not thrilled with this but it works. I do admit it is better than the ear hook that never fit me right. At least with the MiniGels, the Jawbone's earpiece IS IN my ear canal so I can hear the other parties perfectly.
    01-10-08 08:25 AM
    They will fit Cory..., I wondered at first also. Just press them on, sightly twisting them on at the same time. They will slip very snugly over the Jawbone earpiece.

I am using the MiniGels, I am not thrilled with this but it works. I do admit it is better than the ear hook that never fit me right. At least with the MiniGels, the Jawbone's earpiece IS IN my ear canal so I can hear the other parties perfectly.
    Thanks jsanders...Two questions...do you find the larger, more "triangler", ones work better or the smaller ones? Also, the hole is off to the side of the mini-gels and directly on top with the JB ones (as that is where the sound hole is on the headset), can you still hear OK? Wait, one more...I never used ear buds before, do they still sit outside the ear canal or are they suppose to actually fit in the canal? Thanks!
    01-10-08 09:54 AM
    I took the Jawbone earbuds off completely. The Minigels just snap right onto the groove on the edge of the earpiece perfectly. I use the longer pointy ones, because they project into my ear canal more, block more external noise, and keep the thing seated in my ear. The also rotate to point the sound into your ear regardless of the shape of your particular ear canal. Oddly, I have to point the eargel opening UP. The earpiece is on the headset pointing sideways at about a 70-degree angle. I put it in my ear with the Jawbone pointing almost straight down, and when I rotate it horizontally, the eargel sort of locks it against my jaw. There it stays, and I can hear very clearly that way.
    01-11-08 08:16 AM
    Oddly, I have to point the eargel opening UP. The earpiece is on the headset pointing sideways at about a 70-degree angle. I put it in my ear with the Jawbone pointing almost straight down, and when I rotate it horizontally, the eargel sort of locks it against my jaw. There it stays, and I can hear very clearly that way.
    Man rrrebo, that sounds like it hurts! Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I put one of the smaller ones on with jsanders suggestion, and I put the small minigel hole facing forward. I was still having trouble keeping it on with the ear piece (it just wasn't stable enough by itself) so I cut the rubber "string" like piece off the ear piece (I figure at this point what do I have to lose) and volia, it works great now. Easy to put on and it feels stable. I may try your suggestion too to see which method I like the best. Doing it my way, the person calling me sounds a little hollow, but still loud and clear...they say I sound great.

I was getting frustrated because I LOVE everything about the Jawbone except attaching it to my ear! I thought, did I buy a $90 paperweight that isn't even heavy enough to be a good paperweight! But all is well now...thanks to you and Click for the recommending the minigels...now if the company would just put those on rather than what comes with it???
    01-11-08 09:10 AM
    I've been using the smaller eargel, just letting it sit in my ear... it stays reasonably well, unless start getting the shakes and tremors from no BB use and my head starts shaking and OMG I GOT TO TOUCH MY BB!

lol, I will try the pointy eargels, too, reebo as you are doing and see how they work.
    01-11-08 09:54 AM
    Hey guys, have any of you had any problem getting the noise reduction feature to work? I bought a jawbone for my 7250, and it works just fine; but the audio quality is about the same as the other 3 bluetooth headsets I've used in the past, and there is no discernible reduction in background noise.

I went to the trouble of calling my answering machine and recording myself in the car, in the living room with the tv on etc and can't really tell any difference when toggling the "noise reduction" via the second button. Am I missing some configuration setting or something to enable the feature?

I have made sure that the little white knob on the front IS touching my face (although it doesn't seem to affect the audio one way or another when I pull it off of my skin).
    04-25-08 08:54 AM
    Hey Kelemvor..I have never touched any "second buttons" to toggle anything, but I know people I talk to say they CANNOT hear any background noises when I am speaking to them. Just yesterday I was talking to someone while the grass was being cut right down from our porch and she couldn't tell they were there...I had to go inside because I was having trouble hearing her!
    Hands down for me the Jawbone has the best sound quality, incoming and out going (I still have issues with the company's design of the ear piece and recharging cords). I just got a MOTO H12 and it is nice, lighter and smaller than the JB, but I still think the JB's volume is a little higher on incoming calls and people seem to hear me a little better on the JB.
    04-25-08 09:25 AM
    ...I went to the trouble of calling my answering machine and recording myself in the car, in the living room with the tv on etc and can't really tell any difference when toggling the "noise reduction" via the second button. Am I missing some configuration setting or something to enable the feature?
    Hey, I just went to the website to check out the instructions, because I have NEVER used the "second button" and wanted to find out how it's function. It says that the noise reduction feature is on by default everytime you turn the JB on AND each time a call is received. So by pushing the button you are turning OFF the noise reduction feature, thus allowing the listener to hear the noise. Does that make sense?
    04-25-08 10:01 AM
    Yes, and I tried it both ways. Here's an audio recording; perhaps I'm just expecting too much from this thing?

Audio Recording: http://www.boatlaunch.org/jawbone.mp3
    04-25-08 01:16 PM
    I only use it in my car, and i charge it twice a week.
    04-25-08 01:26 PM
    Yes, and I tried it both ways. Here's an audio recording; perhaps I'm just expecting too much from this thing?
    No kelemvor, you are not expecting too much from your Jawbone...that sound was awful! Mine works like the demos I heard on their website and a test article I read. I would say there is something wrong with your headset...can you return it for another to try?

Is Click still around? If you are, listen to his sample, wouldn't you say something is wrong? People that listen to me when I use my Jawbone have no idea there is background noise. I've always just left the second button alone and let the noise reduction stay on, but in your demo, it doesn't help at all. Let us know what happens.
    04-25-08 01:30 PM
    I contacted aliph support, who had me reset the jawbone, and the phone but it hasn't improved things any. I suppose I will be seeking a replacement, and trying it on a friend's phone just to eliminate the possibility of some sort of incompatibility.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to the clip and provide your feedback. I've had this thing for a little while now, and just assumed that was how it really worked.
    04-25-08 02:42 PM
    Buy these:

Jabra MiniGels

TRUST me.
    It would seem that this link is dead. Or redirected from where it should. The Jabra site doesn't seem to even do anything when i search for MiniGels. Does anyone have any new(er) links to where i can buy the MiniGels?

ShopCB should get these, they seem quasi-hard to find, yet popular.
    04-29-08 06:22 PM
    http://www.hellodirect.com/hellodire...bra%20minigels

I believe this is where that link took me when I purchased them. You can google them too and find other places. Hello Direct is offering free shipping right now too.

Good Luck!
    04-29-08 08:28 PM
    http://www.hellodirect.com/hellodire...bra%20minigels

I believe this is where that link took me when I purchased them. You can google them too and find other places. Hello Direct is offering free shipping right now too.

Good Luck!
    Awesome, i had found that site, but wasn't sure if it was legit, lol. I'll prolly order tomorrow. Thanks.
    04-29-08 09:37 PM
    Hi All -

I have recently purchased a Jawbone Bluetooth headset (which works fabulously by the way). I have found it challenging to carry with me, if not actually on my ear. I have not found any cases that look like it would work with this odd-shaped device...

Anyone have any good carrying solutions/suggestions, aside from sticking it in your pocket with your change and keys?
    check out this thing...works like a charm. no belt clip, but you can ware it around your neck if you fish a string or something. i cary it in my pocket and it is safe and sound. Jawbone fits there perfectly.
    Shure EA622 Zippered Nylon Carrying Case for E2c
    07-20-08 09:41 PM
    I carry mine in by Blazer pocket but when I go away and want to toss it into a duffel or similar, I have found that it fits inside a larger pill vial/bottle (you know those prescription brownish/orangeish vials)
    07-20-08 10:45 PM
    Excellent idea, F2! I'll keep one in my backpack for that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 10:50 PM
    Good information. I'm in the process of buying a new earpiece. The last one vanished in thin air. In other words, I sat it somewhere and don't remember where. Thank God it was a inexpensive model.

I decided on a Jawbone a while ago. Pulling the trigger on this type of expense will keep me on my toes as to where it gets placed.

07-20-08 11:11 PM
    I've been hunting for the past year to no avail.. made one myself.. check out my youtube post.. look up: jawbone holster
    03-29-09 09:04 PM
    Old thread but as a dedicated Jawbone fan I had to post. I use an empty pill bottle also. Never leave it in the car because extreme temps don't do it much good. And I agree, I didn't buy it to look cool but I also rarely if ever answer my phone in a store, etc. My tech works for me. I'm not a slave to my tech.

04-08-09 07:00 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD