Hi All -

I have recently purchased a Jawbone Bluetooth headset (which works fabulously by the way). I have found it challenging to carry with me, if not actually on my ear. I have not found any cases that look like it would work with this odd-shaped device...

Anyone have any good carrying solutions/suggestions, aside from sticking it in your pocket with your change and keys?
    09-02-07 12:02 PM
    I only ever use it, in the car, or when I'm at home. So, in the car, it's on my ear, at home it's on my desk till I get a call...

I hate walking, in the mall or something and being on a Bluetooth. It's just so, err, well, you get the picture...
    09-02-07 01:09 PM
    I hate walking, in the mall or something and being on a Bluetooth. It's just so, err, well, you get the picture...
    Thanks for the response Navilyn. Yeah... I know what you mean. The bummer for me though is that I hate to put my beautiful BB up to my face as a phone, and get the screen all mucky, you get the idea. So I was hoping to find a case of some kind, so I can carry it on my belt or in my pocket and pop it on when I get or want to make a call. If anyone has such a thing, post it!

Just a note, If I am wearing a T-shirt, I some times hook the ear loop over the collar and it kinda hangs there. But not the safest, or most comfortable way to carry it.
    09-02-07 01:31 PM
    I'm with Navilyn here.

Since I use it mostly in the car, I usually leave it tucked away in the console of my car. If I know I'm going to be taking and making a lot of calls one day, I'll bring it in to the office... Otherwise it's in the car!
    10-02-07 11:11 AM
    Since I'm always wearing either a dress shirt or polo I always have my Bluetooth hooked on the space between 2 buttons.
    10-02-07 11:50 AM
    I find it easier to just keep it in my ear while out and about. If I take it off and leave it in the car, I put it in a little pocket in my center console or hang it from the Mardi Gras beads hanging from my mirror. Since the earloop broke, I can't do that one anymore, so I'm considering using a mini Crown Royal bag for it, for lack of anything better. C'mon, Aliph! Hurry up with that travel case!
    10-02-07 12:49 PM
    I liked my Jawbone but everyone I talked to with it hated it.
    After some studying I discovered that not every head set is not compatable with every phone.
    FWIW
    FM
    12-13-07 10:52 AM
    Well, the Jawbone works great with my 8130 Pearl...but it is definitely the most difficult headset I've own to get on the ear in a hurry, so I started leaving it on; a practice I would never do before, but I just have so much trouble getting it on in the first place. I have experimented with the different buds and the reg & large ear piece....my only complaint. I usually just leave it in the car (drink cup holder or sunglass holder).
    12-13-07 12:14 PM
    I only ever use it, in the car, or when I'm at home. So, in the car, it's on my ear, at home it's on my desk till I get a call...

+1

people look dumb walking around with them. I only use mine while driving.
    12-13-07 04:08 PM
    The bummer for me though is that I hate to put my beautiful BB up to my face as a phone, and get the screen all mucky, you get the idea.
    Screen protector, wipe on shirt, clean.

I leave mine more than I take it but it's a great bt device.
    Much better than my Moto 700 was.
    12-14-07 10:37 AM
    +1

people look dumb walking around with them. I only use mine while driving.
    I didn't buy it to look cool...
    12-14-07 11:10 AM
    I didn't buy it to look cool...
    Ya, right...like we Jawbone owners don't look "cool"
    I used to think people looked dumb walking around with them on but, when you think about it, walking around the grocery store holding your phone talking looks pretty dumb too...I especially hate it when people are talking on them when they check out and no one knows who is talking to who and they hold up the line...now that's dumb.
    12-14-07 12:13 PM
    My first post here...
    Anywho, I just purchased my Jawbone and am also looking for a cary pouch. There are a few on eBay that say "Jawbone pouch" ect, but are actuly Moto cases. I dont know if they would fit properly or not. I may just go to the mall to the little aisle stands and see what will fit best. Aliph should have already came out with a pouch to protect these guys for the price they are. As for looking goofy I get nothing but compliments on mine, I bought it for going to the club anyway so as not to have to go outside alot, I did not buy it for looks... well mabye a just lil bit.
    Well if anyone finds a case that works post it here, other wise I will find one and give you all the 411 on the setup, I guess its the shirt pocket for now.
    Last edited by Zodiac; 12-15-07 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    12-15-07 07:29 AM
    I also complained to Aliph about their marketing...NO case, NO car charger (although the are working on it but cannot give a date), and the odd charger end...why not the small USB plug like the MOTO and BB's use. They did say that they would replace, one-time, free of charge, the recharger should it become damaged.
    12-15-07 10:31 AM
    I keep it either on my ear or in the car. Honestly, if someone is paying that much attention to your earpiece, they've got other freakin' issues and it's not the headset
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-15-07 at 10:44 PM.
    12-15-07 10:24 PM
    I just got mine today and I LOOOVE it! Im in IT so im in server rooms alot and it works prefectly in there. My wife couldn't believe the clarity! So far I carry mine in the shirt pocket.
    12-19-07 03:40 PM
    The only time mine leaves my ear is when I go to bed(tho I did forget to take it out one night) when I get a shower. I love that headset almost as much as my BB.

Click
    01-03-08 12:29 PM
    The only time mine leaves my ear is when I go to bed(tho I did forget to take it out one night) when I get a shower. I love that headset almost as much as my BB.

Click
    Click buddy, does your wife find that a bit strange...or does she wear one too? I LOVE mine for everything but the FIT, that damn ear piece is so hard for me to get on and none of the ear plugs actually fit in the ear canal...they just kind of sit in front. Maybe my ear is defective??
    01-03-08 12:46 PM
    I LOVE mine for everything but the FIT, that damn ear piece is so hard for me to get on and none of the ear plugs actually fit in the ear canal...they just kind of sit in front. Maybe my ear is defective??
    Buy these:

Jabra MiniGels

TRUST me.
    01-03-08 12:53 PM
    +1 for only whilst driving and at home.

Rarely when i'm home even.

Most of the time, i'll pick up and set speakerphone on and set it to a lower volume.
    01-03-08 12:54 PM
    Click buddy, does your wife find that a bit strange...or does she wear one too?
    She has a Pink BlueAnt headset that she is in love with. She bought a Jawbone and didn't like it becuase she has small ears. We buy BT like crazy. She swears by BlueAnt, I like it as well, if my Jawbone breaks im heading that way. **PLEASE don't ever break Jawbone!!!**
    Buy these:

Jabra MiniGels

TRUST me.
    I was just going to post that same link rrrebo! Great minds think alike, so I'm told! lol

Click
    01-03-08 01:01 PM
    I was just going to post that same link rrrebo! Great minds think alike, so I'm told! lol

Click
    GREAT minds or STRANGE minds? Just kidding. I will order them today! Thanks.
    01-03-08 01:13 PM
    GREAT minds or STRANGE minds? Just kidding. I will order them today! Thanks.
    6 of 1... Unbelievably, these eargels work so well, I don't even use the earhook anymore! I ALWAYS need the earhook! When it snapped because I kept bending it back into place, I tried it without, and lo and behold, it fit fine.
    01-03-08 01:56 PM
    She has a Pink BlueAnt headset that she is in love with. She bought a Jawbone and didn't like it becuase she has small ears. We buy BT like crazy. She swears by BlueAnt, I like it as well, if my Jawbone breaks im heading that way. **PLEASE don't ever break Jawbone!!!**

Click
    I did order the minigels. Hey Click, are you saying you like the BlueAnt better than the Jawbone since you'd be "heading that way?" Just curious; I never heard of that brand before...would your's be pink?
    01-05-08 10:12 AM
    I would rank the Blue Ant 2nd on my BTs If my jawbone breaks then I will get a BlueAnt and use it for awhile. As for the color, Even tho pink does go good with my eyes in the summer time! lol KIDDING! No I would get the Orange one to make my Orange skin!

Click
    01-05-08 10:15 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD