Real simple,can anyone with experience (preferably with each) that can tell me their preference and why? Cost is not my main concern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 11:44 AM
    I only have experience with the JB2.

It is the best sounding Bluetooth earpiece with the best noise cancellation I've tried yet. But wait....!

It's also the worst. In order to have the good sound and noise cancellation, the Jawbone must fit perfectly. Perfectly.

Some people have no trouble. Many people cannot get it to work right. My wife couldn't get it to fit if her life depended on it. I can get it to fit, but if it shifts even a little, callers complain that they can't understand me.

For lucky people, it fits great, by using some combination of ear buds and loops that come with it. Others have made it fit using ear loops from another brand earpiece. I've even heard of people using paper clips to improve the fit.

If money isn't an issue, the JB2 is much smaller and fits better than the original. May e worth a shot to you, as they do work very well.

Me? I'm now using a Plantronics 510. The Jawbone was just too much trouble for me.
    09-18-08 12:05 PM
    I LOVE my 510, just looking for somehting smaller to put in my pocket when I go out.

09-18-08 12:11 PM
    I LOVE my 510, just looking for somehting smaller to put in my pocket when I go out.

If that's the case you don't want the original one you want the J2. I have both and the original does not fit in a pocket well at all!
    09-19-08 07:33 PM
    I have to go with the original jawbone on this one. The jb2 is quite loose on me and loses the necessary contact with my face for noise reduction. People I am speaking with complain that I am cutting in and out on them. The jb1, although much larger, never gives me poor sound quality and people I talk to say it sounds crystal clear. For me, its function over form. I sacrifice the style by wearing this big block on my head, but it works so well, its worth it. My jb2 sits in a drawer as a 130 dollar backup. Doh!

10-01-08 11:53 PM
    I
    It's also the worst. In order to have the good sound and noise cancellation, the Jawbone must fit perfectly. Perfectly.

Some people have no trouble. Many people cannot get it to work right. My wife couldn't get it to fit if her life depended on it. I can get it to fit, but if it shifts even a little, callers complain that they can't understand me.

For lucky people, it fits great, by using some combination of ear buds and loops that come with it. Others have made it fit using ear loops from another brand earpiece. I've even heard of people using paper clips to improve the fit.

If money isn't an issue, the JB2 is much smaller and fits better than the original. May e worth a shot to you, as they do work very well.

Me? I'm now using a Plantronics 510. The Jawbone was just too much trouble for me.
    I agree. I've had the 1 for more than 6 months and its wonderful in comparison to my other ear piece (motorola) that I've used for years. But it only works to its fullest potential if it fits correctly. Being a woman i find it hard to find a perfect fit and when I first bought it I almost returned it because it kept falling off my face and I was afraid it was going to fall off at the wrong time. And the loop and ear piece that does fit snug starts to hurt after it has been on for a while not to mention that you have to practically twist your ear off to get it on! But over all it has the best noise canceling abilities that I know is out there. When I'm in my car with the windows down and the music on, the person I'm talking to has no idea all that is going on.
    10-02-08 06:33 AM
    i have the jb1 and its the best that i have had in high noise areas i haven't had any complaints about it but it doesn't fit in my ear as good as i would like it to but it still gets the job done.i operate a large cat fork lift and the noise level in the cab bumps around at 72 to 78 decimals. does anyone know if the specs are the same for the jb1 and jb2 other than the size ?
    10-05-08 09:47 PM
    Jerry have you played the the supplied clips? I found that you should bend them like wire hangers to get a better fit. Also, try different ear gels after that.
    11-10-08 08:17 AM
    I have used both for a very long time. They improved every aspect of the Jawbone with the new one. Size, fit, weight, and changed one of the worst charging connections i've ever had to deal with. I couldn't be happier with the jawbone 2. Definatly worth the $
    11-16-08 11:19 AM
    go with the most expensive one. . they're always better right?
    11-16-08 11:49 AM
    I use a modded J1 (Jabra replacement minigels) with no ear hook. I love it.
    11-16-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD