I just bought a Jawbone II (New) to go with my new Tour. I paired it according to the instructions, but I cannot hear anything through it and the person I call cannot hear me. What's weird is that I can adjust the volume on my handheld from the Jawbone and I can disconnect calls from the Jawbone.

The Jawbone rep had me delete the Bluetooth connection to the Jawbone, pull the battery out of my Tour to reboot it, and then re-pair the Tour with the Jawbone. Same results. I also changed both the encryption and echo control to off. Still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Or should I just return the Jawbone and get something else?

If so, what is working the best for people?

Thanks in advance!!

--j
    09-12-09 01:02 PM
    Have you tried anohter B/T device? Might be a compatability issue
    09-12-09 01:50 PM
    I'm a total noob in the Blackberry universe. The Tour is my first, purchased after my Tungsten E died and my cell phone contract ended at the same time.

I dropped $60 on the Jawbone at Amazon based on a CNET review. Any suggestions for a B/T device that works well with the Tour. If I can't get the Jawbone to work, I'll return it to Amazon.

Thanks for the reply.

--j
    09-12-09 03:26 PM
    My original jawbone (I) works with the Tour.

I'm using my Motorola's S9 (bluetooth) right now with a video and it worked with the phone a few minutes ago.

You definitely want to try another BT just to make sure the bt works on your Tour.
    09-12-09 04:26 PM
    Im using a cheap Motorola H700 and its working just fine, like lastraid said, could be a compability issue. Its also paired with my car (U-connect) and that also works prety good.Try something else.
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:30 PM
    I think it's a pairing issue my Jawbone works great with my Tour but I did have to pair it a few times myself
    09-12-09 05:06 PM
    I first inclination would be that you paired it incorrectly or the Jawbone isn't on, or charged because I have a Jawbone I, II and alpha and they all work flawlessly, in fact my JB Alpha is paired to both my house phone and my bb at the same time when at home, they work flawlessly.
    09-12-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD