I just bought this setup from VZW. I hooked up the jawbone and then played some music with it. It worked fine. Then I somehow changed something by accident, and ever since, I can no longer play music through the jawbone. I have looked at quite a few threads, but most are older and discuss installing new software. Obviously my unit has this capability, but I don't know how to re-enable it. I have tried disabling and deleting the unit, rebooting everything and reinstalling it all... no joy.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Charlie
    03-03-10 08:58 AM
    I hate flukes like that. I even tried using the btplay program (found in this subforum) and it would not work. I don't think the Icon is designed for the a2dp playback although folks have asked Jawbone to provide it as an update.

If you do rediscover the method, please post back.
    03-03-10 09:55 AM
    You can stream music to the headset. You have to goto the jawbone website and download the new update. It enables the icon to stream music/podcasts/turn by turn nav, all from the native media players. I love this headset and it has not failed me yet.
    05-06-10 01:05 PM
    I will confirm that the new mytalk allows you to upgrade the ICON to play music. I did have problems attempting it from my Vista Home Premium. It kept looking for drivers after installing the Jawbone software and failed. Then the way you upgrade is through a web-interface and that never did see my Icon.

This morning I tried my newish netbook with Win 7 Home Premium. It worked - took about 5 minutes. You have to run the software on the computer, then use the web-interface, upgrades the icon and then you have to remove/re-pair the Icon with the BB (Tour in my case) so that it finds the new (stereo) properties. I'm listening right now (Dvorak American Quartet) as I type this - I do feel a bit UNbalanced with the music in only one ear but it can serve when necessary.

... I am going to try a video and see... YUP, it works.

Thanks, wuwu245 for the notice of the upgrade.
    05-07-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD