I kept hearing jawbone rocks, I drive a truck and I'm always looking for noice reduction. The volume on jawbone is poor, I've changed ear buds with no improvement. I have volume set as high as I know how but not happy with this.
    05-10-08 05:47 PM
    I love my Jabra!
    05-10-08 05:49 PM
    I don't know which earbuds you've tried, but I suggest you order a set of Jabra Minigels. They make the fit much better and block outside noise a bit, making the volume MUCH better. I use the elongated ones, as they lock in my ear better and pipe the sound directly into my ear canal. I have slightly deficient hearing, and this makes the Jawbone sound perfect for me.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 05-10-08 at 07:52 PM.
    05-10-08 07:46 PM
    I had one and just switched to the Z9

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 07:56 PM
    I kept hearing jawbone rocks, I drive a truck and I'm always looking for noice reduction. The volume on jawbone is poor, I've changed ear buds with no improvement. I have volume set as high as I know how but not happy with this.
    I have a couple of friends who have Jawbones and they brag about them all the time.

One of my friends drives a convertible. And it works well for him with his top down.

Maybe you should see if you have a defective unit.
    05-10-08 08:27 PM
    I have bought my GF at a minimum of 6 headsets. They all had issues except for the Jawbone. It is the last headset i have had to buy her. If you cannot hear on it i would think it was defective as it is a quality headset. Or you are like me and no matter what just can't use a headset. For me the background noises always are louder than the headset.

I used to drive truck OTR there are a lot of distractions while driving, the engine noise, the exhaust, the cb, the xm radio thats a lot of noise to over come.
    05-11-08 07:40 AM
    The Aliph Jawbone is just simply one fo the best earpieces out there. The key is all in learning how to use it.
    05-11-08 07:42 AM
    The Aliph Jawbone is just simply one fo the best earpieces out there. The key is all in learning how to use it.
    I second that
    05-11-08 09:41 PM
    I really love my Z9. No problems with it. You forget you have it in your ear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 09:52 PM
    I had problems hearing the Jawbone, too. I tried every different configuration with the ear loops and ear buds, and even tried the Jabra MiniGels. Nothing seemed to help and the ear loop actually pushed the Jawbone earpiece away from my ear.

After trying just about every headset I could find, including the Plantronics, I went back to my Jabra BT500. That headset works great for me and is the only one that fits in and stays in my ear---I guess I have defective ears. I can only use the Jabra Minigels when they are faced into my ear canal as they are on the BT500 (and BT250 and BT2020), not with they way they fit on the Jawbone.

I was hoping to find an updated alternative with the noise reduction, etc., but if I can't use the headset all of those "improvements" don't mean a thing to me.
    05-14-08 04:11 PM
    Well, and not dropping it in a water puddle
    05-14-08 07:25 PM
    The Jawbone noise reduction is the best out there in the bluetooth market. But, as you pointed out it has it drawbacks (Volume)is the problem. Check out this post...http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/jaw...eant-z9-30544/
    05-14-08 07:47 PM
    i am using the blueant x3 right now and i find myself turning the volume down bceause its super loud, plus my gf said it doesnt sound like im on a BT like it did when i was using my old motorola

i also carry them in my store if your interested
    05-14-08 07:51 PM
    I <3 my jawbone HARD! I used it when I drove from Austin to Santa Fe, had to have the windows down as the AC wasn't working, so the noise cancellation was invaluable. I've used it on a RAZR, T-mobile Plumb, and an iphone, (don't ask). It will be my goto headset until the day it dies.
    05-18-08 02:08 PM
    Maybe some of you experienced Jawbone users can tell me how to prevent the noise/static when attempting to make a call on my jawbone. So far I'm 0 for 15 on making calls and actually being able to be heard on the other end. Am I doing something wrong here?
    05-20-08 03:45 PM
    I have zero static problems with my Jawbone. Sorry, folks. Mine works as advertised. Other than the fit, which I corrected, I have ZERO complaints about this headset. Well, I want a charging stand and a carrying case for it........
    05-20-08 03:55 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder if the 4.5 beta OS I have on my BB is causing any of the issues with static and poor performance with the Jawbone. I tried mine on an old phone and it performed great.
    05-22-08 10:15 AM
    I purchased a Jawbone yesterday. I find the sound quality to be very "tinny". There is also a lot of static which surprised me. Any suggestions?
    05-22-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD