"We have received reports from Blackberry Curve 8320 users who have seen a "Call Failed" message while using the Jawbone headset. This only happens when connected to UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access). UMA provides access to GSM and GPRS mobile services over WiFi. This allows the phone to make calls using WiFi connection.

We believe that the conflict is caused by both devices operating at the same frequency (2.4 GHz), thus causing interference.

To isolate this issue, be sure to confirm that the Jawbone works while the Blackberry is on a cellular (non-WiFi) network. You can verify this by moving out of the WiFi's range or temporarily disabling WiFi on the phone.

While we continue to investigate this issue, we recommend you visit the Blackberry support site and see if they can suggest a software update to work around this issue.

Please note that other Bluetooth headsets may be affected by this identical issue when used with the Blackberry Curve 8320."

Taken directly from Jawbone 2 FAQ.
    07-08-08 07:04 PM
    wow! That is really interesting!

I always sorta wondered about this
    07-08-08 07:07 PM
    Wow, I just got the 1st Jawbone T-MO was having a sale on Bluetooths and I got one, while I was getting mine I heard someone say there was a new one out, then saw it online, and was kind of upset cause it was so much slimer, but T-MO didn't have it so I said oh well, glad they didn't now.
    07-08-08 07:50 PM
    Well if you are on the T-Mobile network and subscribe to the wireless talk forever plan then I could see it being a real problem. If you don't then it's just annoying for your call to not go thru> phone switching back to Edge> then making the call. Price to pay for one of the if not the Best BTHS on the market. LOL... I don't have Wireless Talk Forever but I was thinking about it... just don't like when things don't work like they should.
    07-10-08 10:49 AM
    Its wierd because my car's bluetooth works fine with my curve even when its in UMA mode. Either Jawbone or Tmobile should come up with a solution fast.
    07-11-08 02:11 PM
    Man that stinks I was ready to order a jawbone2 im tired of my jabra bt150. I've never had an issue with my jabra can anyone confirm this?
    07-13-08 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD