I went to Telus Yorkdale in Toronto to activate a second hand Z10 that I had bought for my daughter. (Side note - I bought it from Bash_man, a CB member, and the phone is in perfect condition. Bash was great to deal with, too).

After the store rep registered the phone and installed the SIM card, she did the initial setup. And then - this is the jaw-dropping moment -

She took out HER OWN Z10 and verified the setup.

I can't remember the last time I saw a telco store rep with a BlackBerry phone. Probably 2011. This Telus store has always been BlackBerry friendly, and they display all the current BlackBerry devices, with fully accessible OS (i.e. not in demo mode).

My daughter loves her Z10 - her first smartphone.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    05-10-15 12:28 PM
    There used to be a Z10 user working at the phone counter at Target at WEM. I identified him immediately when the stock ringtone sounded and we both checked our phones. I miss that dude, when I'd ask if they had cases for my phone I never got that look of "What is a Z10 exactly?"

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:49 PM
    You're in the GTA so it's not surprising. If would be if it were somewhere else in Canada or the USA.
    05-10-15 03:09 PM
    The Telus reps at Orchand Park mall in Kelowna all push BlackBerry. Most have Passports and love them.

They even sold me one off contract without an issue even though I'm on Bell.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    05-10-15 03:49 PM
    I went to Telus Yorkdale in Toronto to activate a second hand Z10 that I had bought for my daughter. (Side note - I bought it from Bash_man, a CB member, and the phone is in perfect condition. Bash was great to deal with, too).

After the store rep registered the phone and installed the SIM card, she did the initial setup. And then - this is the jaw-dropping moment -

She took out HER OWN Z10 and verified the setup.

I can't remember the last time I saw a telco store rep with a BlackBerry phone. Probably 2011. This Telus store has always been BlackBerry friendly, and they display all the current BlackBerry devices, with fully accessible OS (i.e. not in demo mode).

My daughter loves her Z10 - her first smartphone.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    You have a good daughter if she isn't whining about an old phone none of her friends have. Glad she has an open and appreciative mind.

She's a keeper.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, ALToronto, donemt and 1 others like this.
    05-10-15 04:22 PM
    When I went to my local Rogers store to get a SIM for my new passport from ShopBlackberry, the business manager had a z30 and 3 of the 5 reps in the store used BlackBerry. I had a short conversation with her and she was saying it looks like people are slowly starting to come back. I live near Winnipeg.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:09 PM
    My local Telus store (Hillcrest Mall, Richmond Hill) is pretty much the same.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    05-10-15 05:31 PM
    What a Telus?

Z30something
    05-10-15 06:11 PM
    I was in my local best buy and asked about BlackBerry. The response no bashing no why would you want it. A simply the classic and passport are all we have. But they are releasing another phone soon. Wow. Haven't had that response in awhile

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp and rarsen like this.
    05-10-15 06:19 PM
    5 out of 1. Funny how these go eh. Nice try 1.....

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    05-10-15 07:50 PM
    Meanwhile at local Rogers outlet in Vancouver, an acquaintance of mine who had a Q10 and was waiting for the day to come when he could get his dream phone, the Passport, had a rude awakening when the Q10 suddenly died and he went in to claim a replacement model from his service plan. They told him Rogers will no longer be selling Blackberry models and had to select either iphone or Android as his replacement!

Next time I saw him he was sadly holding an iPhone6 while looking lustfully at my Passport.

This Passport takes me places!
    05-10-15 10:13 PM
    When I went to my local Rogers store to get a SIM for my new passport from ShopBlackberry, the business manager had a z30 and 3 of the 5 reps in the store used BlackBerry. I had a short conversation with her and she was saying it looks like people are slowly starting to come back. I live near Winnipeg.

Posted via CB10
    I live in Winnipeg, and the Telus store I deal with has been very pro-BlackBerry for years. Several of the staff use them, and when I upgraded to the Passport and upgraded my wife's phone to a Z30, they were very cool about it. One of the reps seemed to be almost wary of being pro-BB, almost as if she would get in trouble for using one for personal use.
    05-10-15 10:21 PM
    100% sure my experience tomorrow is going to be completely different. My Passport arrived and have to go get a nano sim from TMo USA. Ughh... I could already imagine all the dirty looks imma get.
    05-10-15 10:25 PM
    A bit off-topic, but I liken the current sentiment towards BB to the way it was when we first started using them years ago. BlackBerry users were unique, productive, and on the edge of things. Now that I have a Passport, I feel the same way. There aren't as many BB users, and I feel that being a proud BB10 user shows that I mean business. I don't care about market share, I care that my Passport makes my life easier.
    05-10-15 10:26 PM
    Telus was pretty good about supporting BB10 when it first came out. I remember seeing lots of posters in their stores about BB10 and they featured the Z10 in a few carrier commercials. It's nice to see them still supporting the brand.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-10-15 10:46 PM
    I like and use Telus as a provider but my only gripe is that for some reason they hide all the Passport accessories in the back and they are never on display and they still dont carry a holster for it but them again, no one else does either. Its solely an online purchase non carrier wise. Please change this BlackBerry

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-10-15 11:17 PM
    If this employee was in my city, She would be my go to person and I would give him all the BlackBerry sales. Hehe.
    05-11-15 01:46 AM
    I live in Winnipeg, and the Telus store I deal with has been very pro-BlackBerry for years. Several of the staff use them, and when I upgraded to the Passport and upgraded my wife's phone to a Z30, they were very cool about it. One of the reps seemed to be almost wary of being pro-BB, almost as if she would get in trouble for using one for personal use.
    When the Passport launched, the Telus store in Kildonan Place was the only place in the whole mall that had one for a while. The reps were pretty cool about it. They said all the guys from the other carriers in the mall kept coming over to check it out.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:15 AM
    Meanwhile at local Rogers outlet in Vancouver, an acquaintance of mine who had a Q10 and was waiting for the day to come when he could get his dream phone, the Passport, had a rude awakening when the Q10 suddenly died and he went in to claim a replacement model from his service plan. They told him Rogers will no longer be selling Blackberry models and had to select either iphone or Android as his replacement!

Next time I saw him he was sadly holding an iPhone6 while looking lustfully at my Passport.

That sounds like misinformation. I have a passport on rogers and they always have BlackBerry classic and passport on display for sale.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:29 AM

They sell BlackBerry

Jaw-dropping experience at a Telus store-img_20150511_063053.pngpassport, classic and z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:31 AM
    This is sad when this is jaw dropping. Just saying. Especially for Canada.
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-11-15 08:36 AM

Your friend was misinformed! https://www.rogers.com/web/content/os-blackberry
    05-11-15 08:37 AM
    I have you ALL beat! I went to the Apple Store for an Apple Watch try on. Yea YEA, beat me up later. So I took out my Passport to take picture of it, and the Apple employee was like "Whoa what phone is that! Is THAT a blackberry?" He was very impressed and he even brought over several other employees to check it out. They were pretty impressed with the quality of the photos I took also.
    05-11-15 08:41 AM
    Dealt with Telus Business here in Edmonton, couple of the reps had Z10s and Q10s back when I got my work Z10 a couple years back. We switched to Bell Mobility when we moved offices and the Bell reps had a Z30 and Passport when they came to the meeting for setting up our new mobile plan.
    05-11-15 03:22 PM
    When the Passport launched, the Telus store in Kildonan Place was the only place in the whole mall that had one for a while. The reps were pretty cool about it. They said all the guys from the other carriers in the mall kept coming over to check it out.

Posted via CB10
    That's my store! I managed to get the second-last Passport they had during the launch. Glad to see that their enthusiasm wasn't just a reflection of my excitement.
    05-11-15 04:39 PM
35 12